Military Brides

Okay, enough with the crickets...

What can I do to get you into an active MB board today? (Car salesman voice)

I think we need to come up with at least 1 topic to talk about daily. Who's with me? Anyone... ANYONE?!?!?

Mondays can be weekend recap
Tuesdays... IDK. 

We can reserve a day for vents? Maybe spice it up and reserve another day for confessions? I'll give you all a puppy if you help me revive this board. Deal?

Thank you. 

Re: Okay, enough with the crickets...

• I'm all for spicing this place up. Idk how we'll do it though. Theme days might be good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd like to add that I have enough dogs so I'm not doing this for a puppy. Also, I can't believe I'm the only person who responded!

• I think Amanda asked for puppies.
  • Actually this is a puppy...

If only she could have stayed that size...
  • Awwww  how cute!

Here is my old man

2012-10-20_17-25-54_588.jpg
    Photobucket
  • I will take a puppy just for puppy snuggles and give it right back to you.  2 needy and demanding dogs is definitely enough for us right now!  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • ohhh hey im cool with that. and also i have a vent about people. i think it needs a whole new thread, but i kind of don't want to put it out there in case they read this? oh the dilemma.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_okay-enough-with-the-crickets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:8334f6d5-109e-4e0c-ad5a-1507175960d9Post:b1bda9ea-3b76-45a6-99a7-2d53d91a935b">Re: Okay, enough with the crickets...</a>:
    [QUOTE]ohhh hey im cool with that. and also i have a vent about people. i think it needs a whole new thread, but i kind of don't want to put it out there in case they read this? oh the dilemma.
    Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]
    Just... sneak it in this thread. Today is people vent Tuesday. GOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!<div>
    </div><div>
    </div>

• Here's my little one :D 

As for a vent...

Mine's work related :/ 
    So I was trying to get a specific day off so that I could go home for thanksgiving. Now it's looking like I have to come in on the friday after for a three hour shift :/ I tried reasoning with every manager there...but have gotten the same answer over and over. Unless I can find someone to cover for me, I have to come in for work. So I'll be going home Wednesday, then coming back Friday for that 3hour shift and driving back that same night so that I can spend the time with my family. This is some shiiiittt.

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Okay, enough with the crickets...:Here's my little one :Dnbsp; As for a vent... Mine's work related :/nbsp; So I was trying to get a specific day off so that I could go homenbsp;for thanksgiving. Now it's looking like I have to come in on the friday after for a three hour shift :/ I tried reasoning with every manager there...but have gotten the same answer over and over.nbsp;Unless I can findnbsp;someone to cover for me, I have to come in for work. So I'll be going home Wednesday, then coming back Fridaynbsp;for that 3hour shift and driving back that same night so that I can spend the time with my family. This is some shiiiittt. nbsp;Posted by ZeldakinsThat sucks Zelda!!!Here's mine. It's a sad one.nbsp;I deleted. I just couldn't keep that out there jic.nbsp;
  • How about a wedding progress day, sort of like the monthly boards where pp post checks? Also, how about trials or difficulties of being a military family, with no drama allowed?
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Okay, enough with the crickets...:In Response to Re: Okay, enough with the crickets... : Holy cow, yea at that point seeing someone that has no affiliation to them would be the best thing. Especially if the two want to fix things and are putting some effort into it already. I'm sorry you're caught in the middle of that : it's always hard when something like that happens especially if you do have that little bit of a biase. Edit: maybe biase wasn't the right word, but I meant that you just happen to be closer to one than the other.Posted by ZeldakinsThanks. Yeah, I get what you meant with the "biased" comment. It's true, I am slightly biased.nbsp;
  • My vent: I work as a respiratory therapist as you know. We are regularly assigned to the NICU. Last night a coworker asked if I could run down and set up some equipment for a baby that was just born. When I got down there all the equipment of that type was in use, on stand by at a baby's bedside or broken and at biomed to be fixed. One of the nurses came around looked at me and said "I can't believe this is a level 3 NICU and we don't have any CPAP's available. You should have known there were 3 pending preterm babies." I got pretty feisty back and told her we aren't psychic and we had no clue there were pending babies because they didn't let us know and that if they had let us know maybe we would have asked if we could clean something that wasn't really being used to have it ready. Then she asked, "we'll why are there so many broken ones" so I told her I didn't know and maybe she should call biomed. Then she told me she was going to call my boss. I ignored her at this point and went back to cleaning my equipment to put on this baby. I get over to the room to set the thing up and it won't pass quality control so we can't use it anyway FML. So we end up intubating and venting the kid which we would have had to do anyway based on her Xrays. I'm sure I'll get reprimanded by my boss for getting smart but she was being down right rude. They're like that to us all the time. They think they're Gods or something. If you're so extra special and smart and hate us so much why don't you learn how to clean and use our equipment so we don't have to come do it???? I feel much better now :
  • I'm tired of the fcuking politics...I don't have  cable so that is all that is on TV.

I reallly hate the time change. I get home and it is dark so it makes it feel so much later and my dog hasn't gotten used to it either, I have come home to a mess in the crate every day. =( I feel like a terrible dog mom. I can't get mad at him because it isn't his fault.

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_okay-enough-with-the-crickets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:8334f6d5-109e-4e0c-ad5a-1507175960d9Post:7b6b195a-d7b4-4752-a756-87b385cecf49">Re:Okay, enough with the crickets...</a>:
    [QUOTE]My vent: I work as a respiratory therapist as you know. We are regularly assigned to the NICU. Last night a coworker asked if I could run down and set up some equipment for a baby that was just born. When I got down there all the equipment of that type was in use, on stand by at a baby's bedside or broken and at biomed to be fixed. One of the nurses came around looked at me and said "I can't believe this is a level 3 NICU and we don't have any CPAP's available. You should have known there were 3 pending preterm babies." I got pretty feisty back and told her we aren't psychic and we had no clue there were pending babies because they didn't let us know and that if they had let us know maybe we would have asked if we could clean something that wasn't really being used to have it ready. Then she asked, "we'll why are there so many broken ones" so I told her I didn't know and maybe she should call biomed. Then she told me she was going to call my boss. I ignored her at this point and went back to cleaning my equipment to put on this baby. I get over to the room to set the thing up and it won't pass quality control so we can't use it anyway FML. So we end up intubating and venting the kid which we would have had to do anyway based on her Xrays. I'm sure I'll get reprimanded by my boss for getting smart but she was being down right rude. They're like that to us all the time. They think they're Gods or something. If you're so extra special and smart and hate us so much why don't you learn how to clean and use our equipment so we don't have to come do it???? I feel much better now :
    Posted by Sammy0709[/QUOTE]

I really hope it's not like that all the time at your workplace :/ That lady just sounds downright rude. The equipment not being ready and broken like that was not something you exactly had control over...it just takes some common sense to see that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_okay-enough-with-the-crickets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:8334f6d5-109e-4e0c-ad5a-1507175960d9Post:f3c582ec-e03f-4844-ae99-c57ae33b4f9d">Re: Okay, enough with the crickets...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm tired of the fcuking politics...I don't have  cable so that is all that is on TV. I reallly hate the time change. I get home and it is dark so it makes it feel so much later and my dog hasn't gotten used to it either, I have come home to a mess in the crate every day. =( I feel like a terrible dog mom. I can't get mad at him because it isn't his fault.
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

Haha! I hear you on the politics thing, I'm just about to block 2 girls that just keep on going on about "their party" and all that shiz. They post just about every hour on it and it's just gotten so bad that I've avoided facebook for a while.
  • Zelda - I am just about ready to log out of FB for a while... I don't mind people talking politics, but I truly dislike people that put down either of the candidates. Just because they are running for a high profile race means that they aren't human.. and don't deserve to be treated like that.

FFS.

Photobucket
  • This Saturday, November 10th, 2012, La Reine Bridal will be having its annual “Give Back To Our Heroes Event.” They will be providing 100 free wedding gowns from La Reine Bridal to women who have been deployed in Iraq or Afghanistan or who are marrying men who have served in these countries. This event will take place from 3:00pm-7:00pm, at La Reine 2 located at 502 Main Street in Waltham, MA. The first 100 brides will need to provide proof of deployment, and a $30 dollar check written out to the The Wounded Warrior Foundation.

Please spread the word to anyone you know in the Military!

- La Reine Bridal
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards