Military Brides

Chit Chat?

I have about an hour to kill before I get to go home for the day. I am incredibly bored and don't feel like working.

H just called and said he picked up some filet mignon to make for dinner. Yummy yumsssss.... He's on a major health kick right now, so he wants to make veggies with every meal, which is fine by me. I need to lose weight bad. Hmmm, lets see. What else is going on in my life... oh! My co workers won't talk to me STILL after last week's call out brought to you by big mouth me. It's WONDERFUL, but I'm kind of thinking "why are YOU mad?!?" Whatever.

This post has nothing interesting in it.

Re: Chit Chat?

• Hi cab! I'm here. H is making my dinner. I had to cancel on Disney this weekend. I have the flu, a sinus infection, and two ear infections. I'm a mess
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey Cab!  I'm just eating some dinner now and watching tv.  Pretty boring night for me, but also pretty usual, and I'm okay with it.  

I like a veggie with every meal too.  I love the steam bags of frozen veggies and make them all the time.  Like tonight my dinner was the other half of a thin crust pizza from dinner last night (I think maybe half of it equals a regular sized slice of pizza), and a bag of steamed cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and zucchini.  Love it!  Also, I used to wonder if it was worth it health wise and cost wise to buy these bags, but just saw on like Dr. Oz or one of those shows that recommended you buy these bags over fresh veggies because they don't go bad and pack the same nutrients.  Random factoid for ya there.

I went shopping at Big Lots today and was happy to finally find some solar lights that i liked for our walkway, plus some other random crap that Big Lots is good for.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey Hike!  That stinks.  Doesn't little Hike-ette know that he's not supposed to be making you sick?  I hope you feel better.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh dang Hike, for real??? That blows. I was just telling Kara, I feel flushed but not sick in any way. Now I'm all paranoid that I'm sick. 
  • Beach I LOVE me some Big Lots! Yeah I think he got bagged steamer stuff, so that's good to know!

Hike that sucks so much! I'm sorry!
  • Feel better Hike!!! I am currently stuffing my face with cookies I baked for H the other day. I had a sandwich and fresh campari tomatoes for dinner. Oh and I am outraged by the abortion bills in Ariona and.Kansas!!!
  • That sucks Hike, hope you feel better.

It looks like it's about to storm here, so all the animals are going nutty. I've had the sliding door open in the bedroom to let some cool air in, and Archie's going nuts every time he sees or hears another animal. I have no idea what I'm having for dinner, I'm thinking pasta with spinach and mushrooms and maybe some frozen shrimp. Hmmmm. Calling my dad tonight about our STDs, I'm hoping I can get him on the phone. 

I had an incident (more like a moment of hateful staring) with an "extreme couponer" at Target last night. I went to get Huck (the cat) another bag of food and apparently it had some sort of sticker coupon on the bags of this kind of food. The woman was taking every single bag (every size bag, too) off of the shelf and loading into a cart (she had two, the other was filled with miscellaneous bath products). While she was turned around I took one off the shelf and she saw me and gave me an evil death glare. Look lady, you do your thing, but I actually need this specific food for my picky cat with digestive issues, and you can do without one bag. I'm already here, so this is coming home with me. I didn't say anything, just kind of got out of there. 
  • Hahaha Divine that cracked me up!! Imagine if you had gotten there an hour later and it was all gone. Dude I'd be so pissed. 

We have nothing for dinner, and its already 7pm, with no plans in sight. Sonofa....chinese? 
  • Hey does anyone here use restaurant.com? I have a code to get $3 certificates!!!! I just got 2 $25 gift certificates for the restaurant at the hotel we are staying at in Vegas for $6. I use them all the time, they're legit.

Anyway, the code is TRIP. It's a good way to try out new restaurants in your neighborhood. We found some cool places through this website.
  • I love that site Cab.  I will never pay more than $2 or $3 for their certs though because they always have coupon codes out.  They are awesome.  However I always end up spending way more than i expect still.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_chit-chat-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:895adb66-6387-4590-95ea-9fe9097f8286Post:856c14de-e9e1-43a4-9191-f600756a0dd2">Re: Chit Chat?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love that site Cab.  I will never pay more than $2 or $3 for their certs though because they always have coupon codes out.  They are awesome.  However I always end up <strong>spending way more than i expect still.  
    </strong>Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]
    Ha ha, YES to the bolded part.
    I always think we're going to get out of there paying $10 bucks, but it's always more :) I make sure to go for the restaurants that don't restrict alcohol as a part of the purchase to make it worth it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_chit-chat-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:895adb66-6387-4590-95ea-9fe9097f8286Post:b5fddf0c-93ff-4089-902e-725aca0548b0">Re: Chit Chat?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chit Chat? : Ha ha, YES to the bolded part. I always think we're going to get out of there paying $10 bucks, but it's always more :) <strong>I make sure to go for the restaurants that don't restrict alcohol as a part of the purchase to make it worth it.</strong>
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

YESSSSS.  I totally do that too.  I'm a fan of groupon as well...the deals aren't always as good, but there are less restrictions.

I just finished eating dinner...grilled chicken tacos.  Today was my last day of work for the week, so I'm happy about that.  I'm trying to motivate myself to study for this exam I'm taking in April, but I just want to sit on the couch and watch tv.
  • I am baby registry shopping online... I think I mentioned I love babies earlier? Well, I'm about to get my fill. I just counted and between now and August, I know 10 babies due. Two are REALLY good friends (throwing the shower for one), two are cousins, and the rest are co-workers or wives of co-workers (also friends, but not in the "really good" category as I've only known each them a year or two). Ugh! There goes all my fun money for the next couple months! But I LOVE babies! Laughing
  • Hey ladies!

Hike- hope you feel better

cab- great idea with the chit-chat, I feel like it's been a while since we've really done one!

div- LOL to your story. I would have been tempted to take one out of her cart just because lol. "oh, you're an extreme couponer? I thought you were a target worker and they were relocating all the cat food". 

I need to study like whoa, but I've been avoiding it. IDK why but I just can't get into this test with everything going on. I feel like my wedding to do list is growing and not shrinking :/ Every time I think I'm done with something, I find 2 more things to do in its place... meh. 
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • The furry children and I are locked in my room (I get super creeped out when I'm home alone so I lock EVERYTHING and leave most of my lights on so the creepers know someone's home haha) catching up on Grey's Anatomy.  You'd think I'd feel safe with a rottweiler but knowing her she'd lead the murderer to my room as long as he scratched her butt :/
      The FI  is spending the weekend in the cities putting in a few extra hours at work, yay finally saving for the wedding!  So it's just me and the fur babies until Sunday.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_chit-chat-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:895adb66-6387-4590-95ea-9fe9097f8286Post:ab0bf5e6-3d49-4b8a-a912-99cbd1480fba">Re: Chit Chat?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fire, you've gotta update your siggy! You're 2 months behind! HA HA!
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

<div>see how far behind I am! lol!</div><div>
    </div><div>really though, every time I go to change it, I just can't take the alcohol down... :P</div><div>
    </div><div>what are we on this month anyway? dream job? st pattys day?</div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • edited March 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards