Military Brides
Options

could really use the help

im new at this whole military thing and my finace wants to have a military wedding. The only thing I know about military wedding is at the end when u walk through the swords. I could really use the help.

Re: could really use the help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It really all depends on how much of the military traditions you WANT to have at your wedding! At our's, he is wearing his dress uniform, his stetson and spurs (he's a cav scout in the Army) along with the one GM that is also military. The other GM will wear the crossed sword pin for the calvary on their lapels under the boutineers. There will be a good amount of military people there at the wedding but that's about as far as he wants to go with the military traditions. I wanted to walk under the Arch of Sabres but he said no since -from what I understand- the people holding the swords are supposed to be officers...I guess he isn't close with enough officers and doesn't want to ask a bunch that he doesn't really know.

Each brigade and unit seem to have their own traditions so you could maybe ask the wives of some of the guys he works with for some advice. GOOGLE EVERYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF!!! Seriously! Google will become your new best friend! You can honestly just type in 'military weddings' and a bunch of websites will pop up.

Also, don't forget to ask your fiance! Even if he doesn't know the answers to all of your questions himself, he has to know guys that have done this before! My guy has been asking all of his married buddies for advice and such, and it's really helped us out a LOT!

Last but not least...get a binder! I've started printing articles off the internet or tearing out ones in magazines that I find useful. I highlight the useful parts and stick it in a binder. I got those clear plastic sleeves to slide them into so they don't get ruined and divider tabs so I could separate them all into their appropriate catigories. That right there has made this so much easier!!!

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    As far as the swords, if he's a Marine NCO he can have them, I'm not sure who rates swords/sabres in the other branches, but in the MC, it's NCOs/Os.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    beachbum4304beachbum4304 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm new to the whole military thing as well and i told him fiance whatever military traditions he wanted he needed to explain to me and then we would roll from there b/c i had no clue. we are doing the swordarch but i think she's right and it depends on your rank if you do that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards