Military Brides

Question for all military brides on addressing what if's?

Re: Question for all military brides on addressing what if's?

• Ask for a military clause that allows for one of two things.  One is that you just completely get your deposit back.  If you know that for sure you will want your wedding there whenever you can eventually have it, then the other option is to have them agree to move your deposit and contract to a different date with no penalty.  We went with the latter because we knew we were going to have our wedding there whenever we were able to have it.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Also, you should stop using this account and create a new account with a different name that doesn't identify you at all.  PERSEC is important and you don't want crazies finding you on the internet.  For example, you have just said your FI is deployed, and someone could potentially find you and use that info to harm you.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. Change your sn to not include your first and last name. Read up on OPSEC and PERSEC. In addition to the last name, take the month out of his return. I know it's not an exact date, but better to be safe.
    2. Ask each vendor for a military clause. Basically it states that in event of FI's military service results in changing of dates, they will not go after you for breach of contract.
    3. Does your budget include venue, food, linens, dress, etc? Make sure you include all aspects when setting your budget. 
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Ditto Beachy. We also had option 2 as we wanted our wedding at that specific venue. If none of the venues you find will agree to a military clause then you can always try and get a wedding insurance but I would certainly try for the military clauses first as that won't cost you anything. There are a ton of ways to stay on or under budget even. DIY projects are very popular. Also pick a date that isn't in demand or may have a nonweekend wedding. For ours, having a daytime wedding actually saved us 5K. Might I suggest browsing on the Budget Board? Those women are full of ideas.
  • Just all to venues and get a military clause in it so you don't get screwed. I would also take out of post when he is coming home. OPSEC is your friend. Good luck and welcome!
  • Thanks for all the advice. I will be changing my account. Much appreciated. See everyone on this chat board again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards