Military Brides

New to the website =]

Hey everyone!! My name is RaeLynn &+ I've been engaged since May, but just recently decided on my wedding date [still 2 years away]. My fiance is currently in the United States Army, but by our wedding, he'll be out of the Army for about 7 months. I know both his family and my own are very proud of all he's done in the military, and that a few of his military friends will be attending [as well as friends of mine that are in an armed force], but I feel as though he and our friends deserve something special just for them on the day of our wedding for all that they've done for us. Basically, I'm just wondering if anyone had any ideas they'd like to share with me as to what I can do for my Soldier &+ our military friends on our special day to make it just a little more special. Any suggestions are helpful, &+ I'm hoping to have this site be a savior in my times of frustration and need hahaa.

Thanks to everyone in advance

Re: New to the website =]

• kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the military too, don't get me wrong, but I am not sure that your wedding is the appropriate place. I also am not sure I understand what you're looking for.

Do you mean a tribute? A salute? National anthem playing?

For us, FI is wearing his uniform. We're having the sword ceremony. Our cake topper has a marine on it. Our colors are red white and blue, etc.

FI suggested a POW KIA table but our wedding is not the time and place for that in my opinion.

However, your FI will not be in the military, so I assume he will be in a tux, etc.

Maybe you could say something at the reception, like a thank you for our friends and family in the service.

Totally not trying to be rude, I am just not sure what you have in mind, like a big gesture or a small one, you know?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Totally agree that your wedding is neither the time nor the place for any big kind of tribute.

BFP 02/2010 m/c 03/17/2010 dx PCOS 04/2010
    BFP 08/13/2011 CP 08/15/2011
    BFP 09/16/2011 EDD 05/20/2012
    Claire Elizabeth, born 5/30 via a med free birth Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • evabeeevabee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work a lot with veterans and my sister gave us the BEST christmas gift ever by donating to Veterans Helping Veterans (a local group). It meant a huge amount to me and my FI. If you want to do anything I would suggest donating in your guests' names in lieu of wedding favors. You don't have to make a big deal about it, but smaller veteran groups can REALLY use the money, and I'm sure the gesture would be appreciated by all of his friends, not to mention your other guests who understand his military background.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your suggestions. I probably didnt explain it well enough, considering I didn't know exactly what I was looking for. Not exactly a mini-service for his military friends and him, but just something for our family and friends to reckognize him and his friends, and what they've done during their terms. I figured out something small [I'm going to go with a Grooms cake- decorated ARMY style, and I'll just thank all of them for everything that they've done for us], and I think they'll appreciate even just that small gesture. Thanks, again, and I'd still love some more ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards