Military Brides
Options

Where is everyone?

It is so quiet here lately. What has everyone been up to?

I had a dream…or more like wake up from a dead sleep, and just realized I’m getting married in a few weeks. NOT months, not years… weeks or even days.  Freaked me out.  I’m not scared about getting married at all…just intimidated by the wedding. This weekend was rough…I finally hit that overly emotional stage…Which is weird because I have tried not to care about the little details this whole process. FI is back stateside and he always seems to (figuratively) slap some sense into me, so that helps a lot.

Photobucket

Re: Where is everyone?

• Options
    I'm right there with you! I'm not scared to marry my best friend, but I am terrified of being the center of attention the whole day in front of almost 300 people. Tomorrow will mark one month until the day! Eeeek!
  • Options
    I'm really excited for you guys!!!  It's getting real for me, too.  Just about 5 months to go!

I had a wedding dream last night, though I don't remember it well right now, but I do remember the whole thing was rather awkward.

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_where-is-everyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:994def4a-53c6-4f79-919d-e44ac5623420Post:22d90173-cbfd-4c87-82b3-8cca94c364c1">Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is so quiet here lately. What has everyone been up to? I had a dream…or more like wake up from a dead sleep, and just realized I’m getting married in a few weeks. NOT months, not years… weeks or even days.   Freaked me out.   I’m not scared about getting married at all…just intimidated by the wedding. This weekend was rough…I finally hit that overly emotional stage…Which is weird because I have tried not to care about the little details this whole process. FI is back stateside and he always seems to (figuratively) slap some sense into me, so that helps a lot.
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

Hey, I was just wondering the same thing!

I'm here; just got back from FL last night and am back to work today. I'm not feeling so hot... FI started getting sick last Tuesday- cough, congestion, sore throat, headache... progressed to have fever. I still went to see him, obviously- I mean, plane tickets aren't cheap and can't just be changed around easily, so... yeah. He was supposed to fly yesterday but started complaining about ear pain on Saturday night; I told him that he better go get checked at medical because if he has an ear infection he could seriously damage his ear flying... he went to medical yesterday morning and has bilateral ear infections, an eye infection, strep throat and an allergy flare up; so he's on 10d of antibiotics and is SIQ until tomorrow (abx down and fever gone before working again obviously). He can be so stubborn sometimes, but he didn't want to call out Fri/Sat because of the navywide drill they were doing; the guys he works with knew I was coming to visit and he thought it would look bad, even though he obviously was legit sick.
    so, all that being said- I have a pretty good immune system because of my job, but I'm not so confident that I won't end up w/ something after being around him for a few days.

We went and looked at a place for my horse once I move and I really like it, so that's a plus. We had a gtg with AMH and her H Thurs before they left for their HM and that was great fun as always :) We killed a few pitchers of sangria and it was awesome!

I hear you on the wedding realizations. I still feel like I have so much left to do, and we're under the 2 month mark! It's also rough not knowing when you can move after the wedding (which, I know you can relate!)....
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_where-is-everyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:994def4a-53c6-4f79-919d-e44ac5623420Post:d8f0b8ae-0046-4564-8103-8adab78adf6a">Re: Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm right there with you! <strong>I'm not scared to marry my best friend, but I am terrified of being the center of attention the whole day</strong> in front of almost 300 people. Tomorrow will mark one month until the day! Eeeek!
    Posted by BinxRose[/QUOTE]

THIS!!! I get so scared being the center of attention. I just have to keep reminding myself that it's friends and family- I just get jittery nerves about it- it kind of reminds me of how I'd feel before a horse show; ready for it, but freaked out about everyone focusing on me!
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • Options
    Right there with you guys. Tomorrow it will be exactly 4 months until the big day. I'm not nervous at all about actually getting married to FI. I couldn't be more happy to finally say those vows and spend my life with him, and to end the 3 1/2 years of long distance.

I'm just nervous for how the day actual day will go - if it will go as planned, will it run smoothly, all the small details, etc. I've been trying to shut my brain off. I just want to be done planning already and get married. I. AM. EXHAUSTED. While this planning stuff has been one hell of a ride, I'm ready to be done with it. I drank a whole bottle of wine on Saturday night. By myself. Bring on July!!
  • Options
    Binx - OMGoodness we are so close! Do you have everything ready to go.... because I certainly don't!  Luckily our wedding isn't going to be that large, but I thought we would have mo "No's"

Cal - I have been having more and more weddingdreams. The last one was the day of the wedding and FI and I were just sitting at his parents house and we were like "are we supposed to be doing something today?"

Fire - ahhh! I hope you had fun on your trip. I reallllllllyyy get you on the not knowing where you are going to live after you get married. I can't PM you on my phone, but  you are down in Jax area right? After we get married we can be confused on where we are going to live together....Haha.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm here. Woke up in pain from my right ear. I'v always had ear problems so I missed my first class and got an extra hour of sleep, seems to feel better. My teacher for this class i'm in now is so unclear with due dates and I don't have the assignment due today. I'm gonna pull the old oh I forgot it at home. He seems pretty lenient. I just have so much to do today before leaving and I feel so overwhelmed
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Where is everyone?:[QUOTE]Binx OMGoodness we are so close! Do you have everything ready to go.... because I certainly don't!nbsp; Luckily our wedding isn't going to be that large, but I thought we would have mo "No's" Cal I have been having more and more weddingdreams. The last one was the day of the wedding and FI and I were just sitting at his parents house and we were like "are we supposed to be doing something today?"Fire ahhh! I hope you had fun on your trip. I reallllllllyyy get you on the not knowing where you are going to live after you get married. I can't PM you on my phone, butnbsp; you are down in Jax area right? After we get married we can be confused on where we are going to live together....Haha. Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

Yeah, will be moving to jax eventually we have looked up a few diff places to live. We can definitely be confused together! Lol!

I have had wedding dreams about details in one the girl didnt have time to finish my hair so we got married with my hair half done! Lol
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • Options
    Fire, I never replied to your PM, but you're going to be about ohhhh....9-10 hours away from where I am :( BOOO!!!! But, that place is GORGEOUS! Have you been? I love it there :) I was there last fall.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_where-is-everyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:994def4a-53c6-4f79-919d-e44ac5623420Post:ac9a4df5-128e-40bc-ac7b-f44c4c2a9c1e">Re: Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here. Woke up in pain from my right ear. I'v always had ear problems so I missed my first class and got an extra hour of sleep, seems to feel better. My teacher for this class i'm in now is so unclear with due dates and I don't have the assignment due today. I'm gonna pull the old oh I forgot it at home. He seems pretty lenient. I just have so much to do today before leaving and I feel so overwhelmed
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

He doesn't tell you due dates?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_where-is-everyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:994def4a-53c6-4f79-919d-e44ac5623420Post:5d171c92-166b-4428-a5aa-5b8b15e50c75">Re: Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is everyone? : He doesn't tell you due dates?
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]
    It's hard to catch what he says with his accent and when he writes on the board is handwriting is awful. There is a syllabus but he doesn't stick to it completely. Not everyone got this report done and the people that did aren't even sure if they did it right
  • Options
    I have been up to my ears in immigration documents.  I did find out today that they are doing a degree audit/confirmation and then I will have my master's  this has been a long time coming and now I just want to scream with delight.  Thank goodness I have already planned happy hour tonight!!

I can't believe that so many are close to "the big day!"  This is an exciting time on the board with the weddings and of course the new little one that is according to the ticker the size of a plum! 

YAY Hike.  I don't know if I told you are not but I am super happy for you! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_where-is-everyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:994def4a-53c6-4f79-919d-e44ac5623420Post:d1e4bb29-5db2-449a-a863-7c758bdba210">Re: Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]YAY CROWN! That's so awesome! Drink it up lady!
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

YAAY Thanks and I plan on it.  HAAAA I think this week is going to be full of nothing but.  Afterall it is spring!
  • Options
    I'm here! So excited for you ladies weddings! Can't wait to hear all about them! Work is kicking my ass today. I have xrayed about 30 people this morning and still have the afternoon to go! The only thing getting me through today is that I am taking my dress to get alterations done! I haven't tried the dress on in over a year so I am excited to see it with the shoes and such!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Sorry for my grammatical errors. TK mobile won't let me edit :
    Photobucket
  • Options
    divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Omg I can't believe so many people are sooooo close! I think I may be the last one. But, trust me, I'm happy about it. We're at just over 7 months and I really feel like it's never going to happen, but, on the plus side, I'm trying on dresses next Tuesday! 
  • Options
    Divine how exciting! Enjoy and try on everything, even if you don't think you'll like it. And of course....take pics so we can see!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Amanda- I have pretty much everything set! All of our vendors are basically set to go. We just have to go to the baker a week before the wedding to "book" them and let them know what we need for our cupcake tree. And of course, finish paying off everything! That's about it! Right now I'm getting anxious about RSVPs because we only have 4 days left, and only about 50% returned!! Grr! Luckily I will have both my moms and my FMIL to help with respective phone calls.
  • Options
    Zims - If you're having problems understanding him and you know he's not following the syllabus I suggest going to see your instructor during office hours.  I had an instructor that didn't even have a syllabus.  He also mumbled when he talked and it was impossible to read his chicken scratch hand writing.  I ended up going in to office hours nearly every time he was there.  He probably thought I was stupid/annoying but, at least I passed the class because I knew when I needed to have stuff done.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Where is everyone?:[QUOTE]Ahhh! We just had an earthquake and I'M SKURRED!!!!!!!!! : Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

Oh my! How big? Hope you're ok!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_where-is-everyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:994def4a-53c6-4f79-919d-e44ac5623420Post:c75edf92-8b2e-415c-a33c-932c72d91a34">Re:Where is everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Where is everyone?: Oh my! How big? Hope you're ok!
    Posted by spiffycoolbeans[/QUOTE]

It was small, only 3.5, but I fear there will be others! I am a major pansy when it comes to earthquakes lol! And, I am on the 2nd floor right now, so it felt awful!
  • Options
    Eeek! Yeah they freak me out but we hardly ever get them here. When we do they are only aftershocks. I work on the 4th floor and I felt the last two we had. Scary stuff for sure. Stay safe! Hope there are none to follow.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Yikes CAB!! I experienced my first earthquake here last summer, right before Hurricane Irene. It was a 5.6 or something like that. Nothing happened though, as far as damage.
  • Options
    AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    AHHH! Earthquake! I had my first one last November. We had a week where we had one every day.... like 5.somethings. BIG for OK. Scarrrrry stuff. 

Can I just say I am pissed off and annoyed that my parents want to dictate my wedding. My mom had a fit because I would be outside for my bridal portraits...(at a park FI and I always went to in his hometown)

FIT

Then my dad waved his wallet to pay for portraits in the old historic hotel. Of course I originally wanted to portraits in the hotel, but it was too much... but I'm so angry at my parents that they feel they can buy me.  My mom is going to shiiit a brick when I tell her we are doing a First Look before the Mass...Probably get mad about "tradition" or some crap.

Tradition can bite my assss.

Then FI forgot about the limo....not really needed...and I did't even want one..but he wanted to get one as a surprise. But of course he didn't book months ago like I warned him to and Prom season means no limos...or 2x as expensive or we can only get them after 12am. which means we get a second hand dirty limo (I highly doubt someone is going to clean the limo after dropping off the teenagers at home.. FI doesn't seem to see how that is NOT a good idea. 

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards