Military Brides

Re: -

• kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry that you felt the need to qualify that CG wives have struggles too. Of course they do. I hope it wasn't a military spouse who made you feel defensive.

I will say that I don't feel lost when my SO is gone. That doesn't mean I don't love him as much as I can possibly love someone. I just keep calm and carry on. Being broken is not a good thing. It does not prove your love, you have to be able to function while he's gone. I also worry about you and your friend's desire to punch the Army and the Coast Guard, but don't really want to only because they brought your husbands to you. The Coast Guard does not exist as an entity to keep your husband away from you. It exists as an entity to protect the borders of the United States. It's one thing to get frustrated, but to have the enmity you seem to really worries me for you.

I know you're going to think I'm being mean, but that text really worries me for you. I know a lot of new spouses feel the way you do, adapting is difficult at first, but you can adapt and overcome. You should not be in constant emotional pain like you are. 

Please call Military One Source. I'm not 100% sure about the benefits for CG families, but it's worth a shot. I'm sure that if they can't provide your service, they'll tell you how to go about it. There's no shame in needing a little help adapting. None. 1(800) 342-9647.

Good luck!

ETA: You guys looked beautiful at your wedding!
    ETA:
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know how to even touch this, so I will just say, good luck. Congrats on the marriage.
    No Amount Of Distance Can Seperate The HeartPhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kensi1217Kensi1217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    don't worry ladies, ill delete it, i see that it wasnt appropriate & ill seek out other military wives elsewhere :( i honestly was just trying to help out brand new military wives like me.
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it was inappropriate to post, it just made me worried for you is all. You can post whatever you want, you're always going to get responses of all kinds.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Kensi1217Kensi1217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry for misunderstanding & i can see now how you'd be worried, bc i didnt add an explanation. that was the first thing ive ever posted on here & you are right, i didnt realize id get all kinds of responses.
    but really though, thanks again for caring, thats so nice of you. thank you.
  • edited December 2011
    I wasn't meaning anything bad. I just decided to leave it alone. Didn't want to come off sounding mean. I am sorry you took it that way.
    No Amount Of Distance Can Seperate The HeartPhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards