Military Brides
Options

Dual Military

hi both me and my fiancée are in the Army I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how we could incorporate it into the wedding with out it bein too.... Army I guess. Also does anyone know how the BAH would work for us I'm a SPC and he's a PFC
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dual Military

• Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

A girl from my former unit married a guy from a different unit last year.  She wore a traditional dress, but wanted to incorporate something special into her atire.  We are MPs.  She took the cross pistols off of her dress uniform and brought them to a custome jewlery store.  They made her a broach that she pinned to the sash on her dress.  It was beautiful.  You really couldn't tell what it was until you actually looked at it.  She also included two of our unit DUIs into her bouquet. 
    Instead of a monogram on the wedding cake, the baker put the MP cross pistols and the Infantry cross rifles on the cake.  When she told me about it, I was a little iffy on it.  When I saw it, it was perfect.  They were elegantly piped onto the cake.  They almost looked delicate. 
    The groom is a huge UF Gator's fan (Go Dawgs!), so his cake was a red velvet aligator. 
    When they entered the reception, they played the Army Song. 
    That was pretty much all they had as far as Army stuff.  It wasn't overly themed. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You will each rate single BAH at your current rank. Once you have children, the higher ranking service member will recieve the dependent rate BAH. 
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    love the ideas... it sounds good I might steal it lol. thanks for the BAH tip seems like I can't get a striaght answer from anyoneSmile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure that Stan answered your BAH question. Hubs and I were both AD, and although I separated soon after our wedding, while I was still AD we each got single BAH as E4's. Hubby actually did get a little bit more than I did because he got Family Sep, & he's stationed in Japan, but basically, we both got single BAH pay.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards