Military Brides
Options

Back from Parris Island!

Oh boy, I do NOT envy those recruits!  I drove past all the batallions all the time, and it was just brutal.  I could hear screaming from early in the morning until well after dinner.  I'm sure Stan would have been in USMC heaven!

I just spend 2 weeks in Parris Island with my FI.  It was bliss, absolute bliss.  I love the area, we had so much fun, and it was SO DARN GOOD to see him and spend time together.  I also really like all the wives I met (and GGirl, who is a soon-to-be-wife) and it makes me feel really excited about how our life will be like once FI is active duty after law school.  I just want this year to hurry up and be over already!!!  Driving back into Miami made my stomach hurt at the thought of spending another year here.  I hate this city.  A lot.

And I found out a cool statistic - there are only 475 Marine JAGs.  For some reason, I thought it was a couple thousand.  That's so few!!!  It just impresses me more that my FI was able to combine the joint challenges of being smart enough to get through law school and physically and morally capable of being a Marine.  He's my Superman/Clark Kent fantasy come true - nerdy jock!  *sigh*

So now I'm back in this heII hole of a city for another month until FI comes back.  Annnnd then we're stuck here for another year.  Happy happy joy joy!  But at least he'll be here to come home to at night!

What's making you smile?  Tell me why you're proud of your guy!

Anniversary

Re: Back from Parris Island!

• Options
    KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_back-parris-island?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:a378122c-d2a0-4cf3-bb5a-df4dbddc41d8Post:7e755c4a-754f-4de5-9f5c-f781ba8f7a50">Back from Parris Island!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh boy, I do NOT envy those recruits!  I drove past all the batallions all the time, and it was just brutal.  I could hear screaming from early in the morning until well after dinner.  I'm sure Stan would have been in USMC heaven! I just spend 2 weeks in Parris Island with my FI.  It was bliss, absolute bliss.  I love the area, we had so much fun, and it was SO DARN GOOD to see him and spend time together.  I also really like all the wives I met (and GGirl, who is a soon-to-be-wife) and it makes me feel really excited about how our life will be like once FI is active duty after law school.  I just want this year to hurry up and be over already!!!  Driving back into Miami made my stomach hurt at the thought of spending another year here.  I hate this city.  A lot. And I found out a cool statistic - there are only 475 Marine JAGs.  For some reason, I thought it was a couple thousand.  That's so few!!!  It just impresses me more that my FI was able to combine the joint challenges of being smart enough to get through law school and physically and morally capable of being a Marine.  He's my Superman/Clark Kent fantasy come true - nerdy jock!  *sigh* So now I'm back in this heII hole of a city for another month until FI comes back.  Annnnd then we're stuck here for another year.  Happy happy joy joy!  But at least he'll be here to come home to at night! What's making you smile?  Tell me why you're proud of your guy!
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

<div>Right now I'm smiling because I'm so dang excited! </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm proud of my guy for being in the military and dealing with me and our issues. </div><div>
    </div><div>Is parris island pretty?</div>
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The base itself is surrounded by water, so the water is pretty and there's some nice picnic areas.  And the on base housing is gorgeous!  Otherwise, it has a lot of training equipment and there are recruits everywhere like ants on an anthill.

The area is really cute, and I loved Beaufort, the little town right nearby.  And it's close to Savannah, which is a truly awesome city.  I ate better in my two weeks in that area than I have in two years here in Miami.  Seriously, there's much better food up there.

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The next time you go to Parris Island and then into Savannah you must go to Vinnie Van Go Gos for pizza, that is if you have not already!!! It seriously is the best pizza I have ever eaten and I consider myself a pizza expert...haaa
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear you enjoyed your time with your FI! Also, that is such a cool statistic! 

H makes me smile, even while he is on deployment, he still finds a way to do it, even just through emails or phone calls. I'm very proud of him for being in the military and for the job he does, it's an undermanned rating. 
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    edited December 2011
    Yay, I'm glad you had a great time!  Hopefully this month flies by, and then you'll get to move out of Miami soon.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm smiling because H has been extremely helpful with our upcoming move. He is also the most supportive person, and he was helping me with some NWR checks this morning. My list was getting too long and every check was taking several steps.

I'm not smiling because I did my half of the Thank Yous and my hand still hurts! But they are in the mail. :) H is stuck with doing his side over the 4th.
  • Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love PI!

And only 10% of the MC is O, so it's not surprising that the number of JAGS is so low. JAGS: The Fewer, The Just as Proud, LAWYER MARINES.

Kendall, what branch are you enlisting into? The MC?
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm smiling because I had an awesome Zumba class tonight at Curves!! It totally doesn't matter that I'm by far the youngest girl there (the next closest in age to me is 38), I worked out alot of my aggression about all the drama, and sweat.. a lot (I always feel like sweat is bad juju leaving my body.. strange I know).

H and I did put in for orders last week, we picked <insert drumroll here /> Cherry Point, New River and Hawaii.  No Beaufort, but I'm still pretty jazzed about 2 NC orders being on the list! Plus H's roommate just got orders to Cherry Point so fingers crossed!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hey all. I actually had a crappy day today, but had an awesome weekend.

I'm smiling now because I had a nice dinner with friends despite my day.

And Calindi-it was awesome to meet you!!

Oh and FI comes home soon.  :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_back-parris-island?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:a378122c-d2a0-4cf3-bb5a-df4dbddc41d8Post:be4af937-2223-4549-8ea7-8c47edaf615c">Re: Back from Parris Island!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love PI! And only 10% of the MC is O, so it's not surprising that the number of JAGS is so low. JAGS: The Fewer, The Just as Proud, LAWYER MARINES. Kendall, what branch are you enlisting into? The MC?
    Posted by WishIcouldbeinthe'stan[/QUOTE]
    The army. 
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_back-parris-island?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:a378122c-d2a0-4cf3-bb5a-df4dbddc41d8Post:be4af937-2223-4549-8ea7-8c47edaf615c">Re: Back from Parris Island!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love PI! And only 10% of the MC is O, so it's not surprising that the number of JAGS is so low. <strong>JAGS: The Fewer, The Just as Proud, LAWYER MARINES.</strong> Kendall, what branch are you enlisting into? The MC?

Can I make a mug with that on it?  FI would love it!  Haha!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Calindi: H and I went on a cruise for our senior year of college, it ported from Miami and I was a little concerned as I was traveling alone and meeting him at the port. Alas nothing happened, but I can see what you mean.
    That being sad, give me a beach, a pina colda and a hammock, and I'm a pretty happy camper :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_back-parris-island?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:a378122c-d2a0-4cf3-bb5a-df4dbddc41d8Post:5d7ff176-1133-4041-a956-e4deaa9672ab">Re: Back from Parris Island!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Back from Parris Island! : Can I make a mug with that on it?  FI would love it!  Haha!
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

<div>I hereby release any intellectual rights to the phrase! It's yours!</div>
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    C- You could make a shirt or mug or whatever that says that on CafePress.com

ETA: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/product2.aspx?number=550923701
    I was bored!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_back-parris-island?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:a378122c-d2a0-4cf3-bb5a-df4dbddc41d8Post:a3a320f4-9918-4929-8982-6949b95666c2">Re: Back from Parris Island!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm smiling because I had an awesome Zumba class tonight at Curves!! It totally doesn't matter that I'm by far the youngest girl there (the next closest in age to me is 38), I worked out alot of my aggression about all the drama, and sweat.. a lot (I always feel like sweat is bad juju leaving my body.. strange I know). H and I did put in for orders last week, we picked <insert drumroll here /> Cherry Point, New River and Hawaii.  No Beaufort, but I'm still pretty jazzed about 2 NC orders being on the list! Plus H's roommate just got orders to Cherry Point so fingers crossed!!
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]
    I love Zumba! It's fun and you don't feel like you're working out just having fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_back-parris-island?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:a378122c-d2a0-4cf3-bb5a-df4dbddc41d8Post:21728159-eb95-4855-80b6-d04667f00c2e">Re: Back from Parris Island!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Back from Parris Island! : The army. 
    Posted by KendallR10[/QUOTE]

<div>Good luck!</div>
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_back-parris-island?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:a378122c-d2a0-4cf3-bb5a-df4dbddc41d8Post:be4cf457-e7d7-4647-8819-84fc007bb6fe">Re: Back from Parris Island!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Back from Parris Island! : Good luck!
     Thanks. I took the asvab today! I did really well. I'm so excited!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kendall-I thought you said you had tried to get it before and that they wouldn't take you..
    Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_back-parris-island?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:a378122c-d2a0-4cf3-bb5a-df4dbddc41d8Post:135433cb-cd9d-4ad6-b2eb-5871a2b6dbfe">Re: Back from Parris Island!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kendall-I thought you said you had tried to get it before and that they wouldn't take you..
     I did. But I went to the dr and had them relook at the reason I was told they wouldn't take me and he said there isn't anything wrong and it looks like there is no damage.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats good! Best of luck!
    and I wasn't being snarky or anything.. just wondering

Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_back-parris-island?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:a378122c-d2a0-4cf3-bb5a-df4dbddc41d8Post:88a95914-c8cb-413d-87f5-f929c9132eb2">Re: Back from Parris Island!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thats good! Best of luck! and I wasn't being snarky or anything.. just wondering
    No snarkyness here either.  Thank you<div>
    </div><div>I know we probably won't ever "start over" but I'm trying to be less stupid</div>
  • Options
    DesireeL19DesireeL19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! You should definitely be proud of your fiance! That's an interesting statistic. It sucks having to wait another whole year to leave Miami, but it'll be so worth it! My fiance is in the Air Force, he's stationed in Japan as an F-15 Crew Chief. I couldn't be more proud, or more excited about my potential visit to Okinawa, Japan! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards