Military Brides

*Stan*

Hey girl,
My Mom and I were watching Taking Chance last night and I thought of you. Mostly during the part were Kevin Bacon refuses to take off his jacket at the airport. My thought literally was "I can see Stan saying the exact same thing" :) or when he says look the uniform is perfect, I was thinking I bet Stan did that. That is a compliment BTW.

Curious as to your thoughts about the movie. Likes, dislikes?

Re: *Stan*

• kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That is one of the greatest movies I've ever seen. The turmoil he feels the whole way there, with people thanking him, etc. is so striking, That job, along with casualty notification teams, has got to be among the hardest in the world. I pray that if I ever come into contact with them, that I do my best to remember that.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! I'm glad you like it. Its one of my favorite movies ever. I cry every time. I recommend it to everyone whether they are related to a service member or not. My Mom had an experience a few years ago on a work trip, she was in the terminal it went quiet as everyone was watching a solider loaded into the airplane. If nothing else it brings the war(s) home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards