Military Brides

Marriage after high school??

13»

Re: Marriage after high school??

• edited December 2011
    I knows the etiquette states that after a few days the post is essentially closed, but I really needed to say this:

I totally understand where everyone is coming from, but at the same time people have no idea what you personally have been through. One of the wisest people that i know is an 18 year who has been through hell and back, and that makes her practical, which is something you definitely need to remember to be. Always have a back up plan in case something goes wrong, and never rely on just him for money. It'll become a huge issue eventually.

Anyways, do what you think is best for you and for your future. Life is an experience, and there is always a chance that your relationship won't work out, but marriage is all about loving someone enough that you're willing to try. 

Never give up on something that you're willing to fight for, and don't kid yourself. Marriage is hard work, and military marriage can be even harder. Just always remember that you have to be willing to work for what you want most in life.

I hope everything works out.
    -K
    * The soon to be Mrs. Christie *
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_marriage-after-high-school?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:a6ed938a-df4d-4c18-98bf-3b85117f344ePost:21bb0589-d8c1-42c8-b59c-4324547f6476">Re: Marriage after high school??</a>:
    [QUOTE] people have no idea what you personally have been through. One of the wisest people that i know is an 18 year who has been through hell and back, and that makes her practical, which is something you definitely need to remember to be. 
    Posted by JKChristie[/QUOTE]

<div>Anyone who has been through hell and back by the time they are 18 never had the chance to be a child, and develop emotionally properly, and are thus further stunted by their experiences. All 18 year olds think they're super mature, they're not. None of them are. Even if they raised their siblings, dealt with a rough divorce of their parents, or dealt with abuse of some kind, that doesn't make maturity. Those things are awful, but they do not make maturity. The first definition of maturity in Merriam Webster is "based on slow, careful consideration". There is nothing about getting married at 18 that involves slow and careful consideration. The second is "having completed natural growth and development". Did you know that your brain doesn't even stop developing until you're 25? And if you've had trauma to interrupt natural emotional development, then it's even more difficult to achieve emotional maturity.</div><div>
    </div><div> This whole post is why I don't coddle anyone, because coddling enables weakness and poor decision making. People coddled me when I was younger making poor decisions, and I refuse to pass along that mistake, even when it's internet strangers. People will do what they want no matter what, they don't need my approval. But I'm not going to be silent when the well-being of young women and the quality of service members (and thus the quality and readiness of the military) is concerned. </div>
    I hate Dave Ramsey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards