Military Brides

Re: AMKA (Ask a MK Anything...)

• Options
    Cab will you do my wedding makeup haha ;
  • Options
    Everyone: Best trait about you so, not so great trait about your so.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have not met IRL. YET. h's worst trait? He is sometimes clueless and forgetful. My worst trait? I think with my heart more than my head so I tend to be more emotional. Best trait for H? Uhh he has a lot. I new to think. Mine? I'm extremely loyal.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    BEST TRAIT: H is really good at knowing what I like and do not like, more so than my own knowledge of myself. For example, a lot of times, he'll suggest I do not order something at a restaurant, even though it sounds like I would like it in my own head. When I don't listen, I hate the meal. When I DO listen, he orders for me (as a dare on my part) and he'll get it, spot on. It's usually something completely different than what I'm ordering, too. Same with movies. He always knows what I'll like and not like, and I am super picky about movies.

WORST TRAIT: His eating habits are AWFULLLLLL.

ETA: I forgot to add my traits-

MY BEST: I love taking care of people. It honestly makes my day to help people out, and try to at every chance I get.

MY WORST: I have a hot latina temper. AY AY AY!
  • Options
    Hike, if it's not too personal, how did you tell your H about being pregnant? And, if it is too personal, how did H react to you being pregnant?
  • Options
    His best trait: He is extremely loyal. Almost to a fault. But I know that he's always the one in my corner, no matter what. He's the person I call to help me hide the body. 
    My best trait: Ummmm, according to FI, I am the person who talks to people. I'm a talker from a huge family of talkers. 

His worst: He can get very one-track minded. And he also has horrible eating habits.
    My worst: I can be hyper-critical and don't always understand how that sounds. It comes directly from my mom, I love her, but both of us communicate critical things in the same way and it has been known to be taken pretty poorly. I'm working on it. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_amka-ask-a-mk-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:ae4d5d3b-6204-4573-bf12-97a3b8c56975Post:8689da0a-c931-4166-b051-ddf74925618a">Re: AMKA (Ask a MK Anything...)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hike, if it's not too personal, how did you tell your H about being pregnant? And, if it is too personal, how did H react to you being pregnant?
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]
    Oooo I wanna hear too! lol
  • Options
    Best trait about SO: he always makes me feel better. I'll be having a crappy day and he'll have dinner ready when I come home or take me out or do other little things

Not so great: Won't ask for help. Especially if he's in pain he'll just keep going, won't take any meds or anything like that. Hard to see sometimes
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_amka-ask-a-mk-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:ae4d5d3b-6204-4573-bf12-97a3b8c56975Post:8689da0a-c931-4166-b051-ddf74925618a">Re: AMKA (Ask a MK Anything...)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hike, if it's not too personal, how did you tell your H about being pregnant? And, if it is too personal, how did H react to you being pregnant?
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

Not too personal although you may think I'm lame after this. :-)

Before our furniture gpcame, I was sitting on the patio reading and I thought, hmm, I should have gotten my period today. But I wasnt temping any,ore because I wasn't sleeping well. So I had no idea if my temp lowered or not.

So I didn't want H to get excited so I told him I needed to go out and buy lotion for my dry legs. Keep in mind, that morning we had to cancel all of our debit cards because our information was stolen and the bank wasn't open until Monday so only only had $20 cash to our name.

I went and bought the cheapest box of 2 tests, came home, peed, and saw a light line. I went into the living room and was like uhh I think I'm pregnant. Will you come check? He thought he was a light line too.

Anal me took the second test and dipped it in water to compare. No line. So I sent him out to spend the rest of our money on a digital test. It said positive.

Haha, nothing cute but totally me.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_amka-ask-a-mk-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:ae4d5d3b-6204-4573-bf12-97a3b8c56975Post:87aac87d-7c28-401c-8f81-0925746cd421">Re: AMKA (Ask a MK Anything...)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AMKA (Ask a MK Anything...) : Not too personal although you may think I'm lame after this. :-) Before our furniture gpcame, I was sitting on the patio reading and I thought, hmm, I should have gotten my period today. But I wasnt temping any,ore because I wasn't sleeping well. So I had no idea if my temp lowered or not. So I didn't want H to get excited so I told him I needed to go out and buy lotion for my dry legs. Keep in mind, that morning we had to cancel all of our debit cards because our information was stolen and the bank wasn't open until Monday so only only had $20 cash to our name. I went and bought the cheapest box of 2 tests, came home, peed, and saw a light line. I went into the living room and was like uhh I think I'm pregnant. Will you come check? He thought he was a light line too. Anal me took the second test and dipped it in water to compare. No line. So I sent him out to spend the rest of our money on a digital test. It said positive. Haha, nothing cute but totally me.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

How did you tell your family? Every time we watch AFV we tell each other that we need to think of some brilliant way to tell our folks/family.
  • Options
    H's Best Trait- He is very loyal.

H's Worst Trait- His lack of memory. He can't remember crap, he knows birthdays but that is about it. Forgets to get gifts or anything I ask.
    He is the most stubborn man on the planet. He is never ever wrong.

My Best- I'm pretty much the annoying always happy person. It takes a lot to bring me down.

My Worst- I'm overly sensitive with my loved ones. I emotionally eat like wooh.
  • Options
    Hike I would be the same way! SO best trait he is super thoughtful. Little things like putting gas in the car, washing the dogs, making sure my fridge is stocked with diet dew, wine and beer. I just love the little things. SO worst trait is mine to and that is road rage! Neither one of us can stand slow drivers, people who don't use turn signals and traffic. My best trait I try smile and see the good in all things. If y'all could go anywhere where would that be?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_amka-ask-a-mk-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:ae4d5d3b-6204-4573-bf12-97a3b8c56975Post:2fb6fd08-e4d3-4325-9dab-bfc56f295de1">Re:AMKA Ask a MK Anything...</a>:
    [QUOTE]. If y'all could go anywhere where would that be?
    Posted by crownsuperstar[/QUOTE]

SAVANNAH, GA!!!
  • Options
    I love Savannah!
  • Options
    FI Best: He is so kind and is tolerant of me. I can say the meanest things in an argument and he just lets it just roll off.
    FI Worst: He is his own worst enemy… he beats himself up all the time when something goes wrong.

My Best: (I hate doing this… ughh) I generally care for everyone, and try to help everyone.  I will bend over backwards to help people.
    Worst: It takes a lot to make me mad… but you make me mad and I will rip you a new one. ..I can say the most pointed comments and walk away.

Crown - I would go back to Australia.

NEW QUESTION – Most embarrassing moment.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    His best trait-He's really good to his friends, always tries to help them out. He'd probably give you the shirt off his back. His worst trait-He LOVES to spend money. Fortunately I've finally gotten him on track with that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Haha Hiker I love that story. Geeg and I will be meeting in like, I don't know, 3 months? Not even. Fucck time's flying. 

H's worst trait: sees everything in black and white. No gray. Had to learn that whole "we can have different realities and both be right" thing. 

Best trait: basically everything else about the man. Seriously. Intelligent, attractive, muscular, savings-oriented, bought me killer jewelry, supports my career...

Questionssssss, hmmm. Oh oh! Is Stanislaus around?? I want to know what made her want to be a Marine so fiercely. 

Who else. Cabby, I hate to ask this, but any word on H's status??

I need some fun questions.  Everyone, where is the next place you'll vacation? Not dream locale ladies. Legit I'm taking time off from work and spending money on this, for better or worse. 

• Options
    Irish... basically, the recruiter SUCKS BALLS. He has not contacted us what so ever. H has all but given up on everything. Honestly, that recruiter ruined things for him. We were so close to going the Navy route, but when the recruiter basically went MIA on H, he said eff it.

Now, he is hoping to go for not so much a scholarship, but actually graduate and try to become an Army Dentist that way. Of course, if the recruiter eventually gives us some good news, he'll take it, but nothing as of late. It's a really really REALLY crappy situation :(
  • Options
    Woww I'm sorry Cab!!! That blows. Is Navy totally out? I don't know how these things work, sorry. 
  • Options

Next vacation:
    I guess technically Nicaragua. We are paying for it, I am taking 10 days off of work, but we will also be volunteering. Other than that, a possible Mass/Boston trip closer to the end of the year.

Amanda: Most embarrasing moment for me was probably walking around Raging Waters (water park in CA) with my  bikini bottom split down the middle, unaware. That whole park got a lot of assy goodness from me that day! This was probably when I was 17 or so.

• Options
    Providence to see Calindi...does that count as my next vacation?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_amka-ask-a-mk-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:ae4d5d3b-6204-4573-bf12-97a3b8c56975Post:29612dd8-c9db-42ca-bde6-406db2037ea6">Re: AMKA (Ask a MK Anything...)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Woww I'm sorry Cab!!! That blows. Is Navy totally out? I don't know how these things work, sorry. 
    Posted by Irishcurls[/QUOTE]

I think he's just not into trying with the Navy. He doesn't want to start over with the process, KWIM? I personally think that he feels rejected, which he does not handle all too well. Also, I think that he feels like if his brother did Army, he should do Army, too. His brother had a great experience with it, and H wanted the same.

Personally, I think something will EVENTUALLY come up, so I've advised H to just wait and see what comes up. If nothing by graduation, talk to someone else in regards to enlisting in a Dentist position.

ETA: Also I feel I should add that I don't really think it's the recruiters fault, I know that the Army doesn't have much in their budget to cover these scholarships, but his lack of communication is what makes him crappy. We have not heard a peep from him since Jan!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_amka-ask-a-mk-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:ae4d5d3b-6204-4573-bf12-97a3b8c56975Post:c0df4a2c-2bbe-42ab-b848-8544f9b0addb">Re:AMKA (Ask a MK Anything...)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Providence to see Calindi...does that count as my next vacation?
    Posted by Sammy0709[/QUOTE]
    Counts!!! And it's a good one!
  • Options
    Next vacay: Hopefully will be visiting my mom in UT for the Park City Food & Wine Classic. I went last year and it's so awesome. 

If we don't manage that, they next one will be our honeymoon, TBD, but I know FI really wants to hit up Harry Potter world. 
  • Options
    Next Vacation -- Pittsburgh in May for a Wedding. :)
  • Options
    CAB that sucks!!! Boo! I hope all works out. Next vaca I think there is a girls trip in the works with my college roommates. A tropical location. H is also planning a post deployment trip. Wine country was mentioned which can totally get behind. Most embarrassing moment I was a proctor for the Praxis one time. Well I had gone out the night before and didn't get in until like 4ish. The section I was giving was the music part and I guess being hungover and tried the music put me to sleep. I woke myself up by a loud snore. I jerked my head up and the people taking the test started laughing. I felt bad. Needless to saw I was not asked to do the music section again.
  • Options
    Crap it didn't post in paragraphs. Damn phone!
  • Options
    Shan- honestly I didn't do anything cute to tell my parents. I was meeting up with them at myrtle beach and as soon as they walked in the condo, I said I have to tell you something. I'm pregnant. Weird thing was, my mom said she knew. She told my dad she bet I was going to tell them that when she saw me. They didn't even know we were trrying.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards