Military Brides
Options

Mondaaaayyyy

How was everyone's weekends??? It was really slow this weekend.

I was up to my ears in wedding stuff. I printed and assembed the programs... I had to redo half a days worth of work because I didn't realize that one of my bridesmaids was misspelled.... but it was weird half of them printed normal and others didn't.I am also getting more and more annoyed by people that think RSVPs are a joke. Seriously, everyone that didn't respond to the phone calls or the text messages.... they will not be on the seatng chart and will look like an idiot when they don't have a place to sit....not me!

Don't get me started on the church women that said I could borrow the church dishware...but have yet to tell me numbers....

Photobucket

Re: Mondaaaayyyy

• Options
    Hey!

At least you had a productive weekend! That is weird about your programs though. 

I did my wedding hair trial on Saturday. I really love the way the back turned out, but we have some work to do on the front... Irish, if you're around- I'd love to see front/back pics of your wedding hair- I've seen the few pics you've had in your siggy; we have similar hair colors and the style I'm going for is a mix between what I think yours looked like and what amh's turned out like. TIA if you post some :)

I finished the invites to my coworkers and am sending those out today. Hard to believe we're a little under the 6 week mark! I'm making an appointment today to meet w/ my coordinator sometime later this month. We're DIYing bouts with peacock feathers and making our own centerpieces and my coordinator also does design so she said she'd help with them :)

My sisters and I went on a sister Easter date, so that was nice. It's not very often that we are able to do so, and I cherish that time especially now as once I move it'll be even harder for us to do. Saturday was my mom's birthday as well, so we did some family time and celebrated with her.

I'm looking forward to the weekend because FI will be here. He got a lib chit for his last PRT for maxing out his score, so he's going to be here Monday-- finally a weekday so we can apply for our marriage license :)

Other than that, today I'm studying for my test.....joy.
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • Options
    FI had his bachelor party on Friday - he got kidnapped by his buddies from a law school happy hour and taken paintballing!  He's covered in welts, and stayed out most of the night with the guys at Hooters.  He had a blast, as did all his friends, but we're all suffering from sleep deprivation (I don't sleep well when I know he's coming home and is out - every noise makes me think it's the door opening). 

While he was out with his friends, I went out to a nice girly dinner with a friend, whose boyfriend is the one who organized the bachelor party.  She bought me Victorias Secret "bride" underwear - so cute!  A little white lace thong with a touch of light blue lace for the 'something blue' and "BRIDE" in rhinestones.  So thoughtful of her!

During dinner, I got a text message of a picture of FI on the hood of a cop car getting handcuffed - I just had to laugh because I KNEW it was fake - they were either playing a joke on me or him!  Then I got video of it - it was hilarious.  Turns out one of the random other people playing paintball was a Marine-turned-police officer who had gone to the paintball place straight from duty so he had his uniform and car, and they thought it would be funny to try to scare me.  Wasn't scared a bit, but laughed a lot!

Needless to say, I need sleep!  But it was a good weekend.

Anniversary

• Options
    Just curious who's next to get married? I know we have quite a few coming up!
  • Options
    Fire - Pictures of the hair? I love seeing pictures of hairrrrrr!! BTW - when do you move to JAX? If you don't want to post on here you can PM me!

Cal - That sounds like an awesomely fun weekend. I have never been much for paintball, but that sounds like fun

Zim - At 12 days away... I think I am next of the regulars. There is a new girl posting that is getting married the day before me.. crkflkgirl, something like that!! Then I think Binx the weeek after me
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Zims- Amanda is next, then me. Amanda- honestly, if they don't even respond back to a phone call, you have to asume its a "no" and move on. Like you said, you go ahead and make a seating chart, and they just won't have a place to sit when they show up. I had a fairly low-key weekend. Saw the Hunger Games movie, contacted people who didn't rsvp, babysat... Today we are getting my oil changed. Wooo so fun.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_mondaaaayyyy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:b7cf767a-956f-45e9-bb66-82a2c7939b8bPost:58919b7a-11f2-4f67-84a9-0429d77f0876">Re: Mondaaaayyyy</a>:
    [QUOTE]Zims- Amanda is next, then me. <strong>Amanda- honestly, if they don't even respond back to a phone call, you have to asume its a "no" and move on.</strong> Like you said, you go ahead and make a seating chart, and they just won't have a place to sit when they show up. I had a fairly low-key weekend. Saw the Hunger Games movie, contacted people who didn't rsvp, babysat... Today we are getting my oil changed. Wooo so fun.
    Posted by BinxRose[/QUOTE]

That is what I want to do.... but I am more worried about FI's friends that live in town and will decide to show up at the last minute. That is who I am waiting on, I want firm "yes" or "no" from those people, because months ago when they got the STD they were so excited for the wedding.... and now they have gone MIA.  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Hey guys! I was in Big Bear all weekend. Which was nice and relaxing. Nothing too exciting at all. This weekend I am facilitating an 8 hour training class for work, which means a lot of prep this week, and a lot of overtime. I should be happy, but I am really just tired and don't want to do it. Not that I have a choice, or anything. These training classes can be really sad and can break you down emotionally... and I don't think I am up for it this time. Boo.
  • Options
    Hey there! Yay for upcoming weddings!!! Good luck to you ladies with the last minute details : I had a nice day yesterday. I went over to my inlaws house for a delicious Easter dinner. It was so nice to see everyone. I am taking this big exam in two weeks so I've been going crazy studying for it. I just did a practice exam and failed miserably. I have a lot of work to do!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_mondaaaayyyy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:b7cf767a-956f-45e9-bb66-82a2c7939b8bPost:bf9e5b83-fbec-46b5-a46f-c4e52196514b">Re: Mondaaaayyyy</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fire - Pictures of the hair? I love seeing pictures of hairrrrrr!! BTW - when do you move to JAX? If you don't want to post on here you can PM me! Cal - That sounds like an awesomely fun weekend. I have never been much for paintball, but that sounds like fun Zim - At 12 days away... I think I am next of the regulars. There is a new girl posting that is getting married the day before me.. crkflkgirl, something like that!! Then I think Binx the weeek after me
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

Indeed! I am on the 20th!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Can't wait for you ladies to AW your weddings!
  • Options
    Friday I met up with my friend who's getting married here in SA and went shoe shopping. For like 6 hours. Still didn't find the shoes she wanted. On the up-side, made some dress appointments that she's going to be with me at, so I'll actually have pics I can put up! I look forward to your opinions. I'm actually really happy I get to do this before I go home because I think trying on dresses for the first time ever in front of my mom could be disastrous. 

A question: How do you explain to someone clearly that buying a wedding dress isn't like buying a prom dress? They don't just have your size (unless it's David's) and you try it on and if it fits you buy it. My mom has two friends whose daughters were able to buy samples off-the-rack, but I don't know how to explain to her that that's not likely to happen for me. She keeps thinking that it's not going to be a big deal and we'll go into one shop and find something I can buy and take home. That might be possible, but it's not very likely. 

For the end of my weekend, watched Mad Men, and I will say I had a very different reaction to a storyline now than I would have had 4 years ago. There was a military element and it actually made me feel something for a character that I really don't like. I mean, I still don't like him, and I'm glad for what went down, but I had more sympathy. 
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_mondaaaayyyy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:b7cf767a-956f-45e9-bb66-82a2c7939b8bPost:bf9e5b83-fbec-46b5-a46f-c4e52196514b">Re: Mondaaaayyyy</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fire - Pictures of the hair? I love seeing pictures of hairrrrrr!! BTW - when do you move to JAX? If you don't want to post on here you can PM me! Cal - That sounds like an awesomely fun weekend. I have never been much for paintball, but that sounds like fun Zim - At 12 days away... I think I am next of the regulars. There is a new girl posting that is getting married the day before me.. crkflkgirl, something like that!! Then I think Binx the weeek after me
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Amanda- YGPM.

Hair pictures.. what do you gals think? sorry they are links, stupid TK isn't letting me upload them for some reason. I ordered a clip with peacock feathers from etsy, it will be worn on the right side of my head, like at ear level in my hair.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/51816368@N07/6915618002/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">-side view-</a></div><div><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/51816368@N07/6915621006/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">-back view-</a>

</div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • Options
    crnflkgirl - tell us about your wedding!! Did I miss the AW topic where you introduced yourself and told us about your wedding!?

Divine - maybe watch SYTTD with her? Then she will get an idea of how bridal dress shopiing normally goes? Good luck with it! One piece of unsolicated advice, buy your dress where you are getting married. Flying/Driving back to do dress fitting is a whole lot less stress than traveling with your dress.  But I have my dress where my parents live....(3 hours from me) and my wedding is 2 hours away from me  in the opposite direction (5 hours away from the dress)... it has been a total PITA trying to figure out how my dress is getting to my wedding....

Fire - YGPM back! I love the hair!  Are you wearing a veil or not?

I got final bids back from the caterer.... WOOO!! Cheaper than I expected! and the rentals are MUCH cheaper than I expected... thinking about forgetting borrowing the church stuff  (major headache) and just renting.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_mondaaaayyyy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:b7cf767a-956f-45e9-bb66-82a2c7939b8bPost:6f6bc523-96f7-4ff7-a25c-6f2efdd505c8">Re: Mondaaaayyyy</a>:
    [QUOTE]Friday I met up with my friend who's getting married here in SA and went shoe shopping. For like 6 hours. Still didn't find the shoes she wanted. On the up-side, made some dress appointments that she's going to be with me at, so I'll actually have pics I can put up! I look forward to your opinions. I'm actually really happy I get to do this before I go home because I think trying on dresses for the first time ever in front of my mom could be disastrous.  A question: How do you explain to someone clearly that buying a wedding dress isn't like buying a prom dress? They don't just have your size (unless it's David's) and you try it on and if it fits you buy it. My mom has two friends whose daughters were able to buy samples off-the-rack, but I don't know how to explain to her that that's not likely to happen for me. She keeps thinking that it's not going to be a big deal and we'll go into one shop and find something I can buy and take home. That might be possible, but it's not very likely.  For the end of my weekend, watched Mad Men, and I will say I had a very different reaction to a storyline now than I would have had 4 years ago. <strong>There was a military element and it actually made me feel something for a character that I really don't like. I mean, I still don't like him, and I'm glad for what went down, but I had more sympathy.</strong> 
    Posted by divinemsbee[/QUOTE]
    Meh, I thought what he did was a douche move. I agree with Joan that he should have told her before he made his decision, so I was pretty pissed off about that.
    I GET feeling the need to do that, but not running it by her first was effed up.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_mondaaaayyyy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:b7cf767a-956f-45e9-bb66-82a2c7939b8bPost:45aeabfa-b156-4537-9e09-71cb867e0afa">Re: Mondaaaayyyy</a>:
    [QUOTE]crnflkgirl - tell us about your wedding!! Did I miss the AW topic where you introduced yourself and told us about your wedding!? Divine - maybe watch SYTTD with her? Then she will get an idea of how bridal dress shopiing normally goes? Good luck with it! One piece of unsolicated advice, buy your dress where you are getting married. Flying/Driving back to do dress fitting is a whole lot less stress than traveling with your dress.  But I have my dress where my parents live....(3 hours from me) and my wedding is 2 hours away from me  in the opposite direction (5 hours away from the dress)... it has been a total PITA trying to figure out how my dress is getting to my wedding.... Fire - YGPM back! I love the hair!  Are you wearing a veil or not? I got final bids back from the caterer.... WOOO!! Cheaper than I expected! and the rentals are MUCH cheaper than I expected... thinking about forgetting borrowing the church stuff  (major headache) and just renting.
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Amanda- YGPM back, and awesome that your rentals were less than expected! yay!

</div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • Options
    CAB- Yeah, he is a total diick and I'm glad he left, but it seems like a cheap way to try to end that storyline without making her a widow. Although, she just told him to leave, I doubt there's an actual divorce considering he won't be there. It was actually when he came in the door and was talking about the baby, the "is that him?" moment that made me have a twinge of sympathy for the character. 

I felt like it made her look a little spoiled in that she didn't understand that he felt needed there, but I don't think I would think like that were I not in the situation I'm in now. I guess this episode made me feel like he was more of a well-rounded character, if an asss, than he's been portrayed as before. Like, he's always been the bad guy in the relationship, and he is, but she wasn't being the most supportive partner ever. It's like, you want him to wear the uniform, you think that's sexy, but you don't want him to serve. I dunno if that makes sense, but I'm a lot more conflicted than I think I would be if I didn't have the military in my life, even in a small way. 

All  in all, though, this was probably one of my favorite episodes. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_mondaaaayyyy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:b7cf767a-956f-45e9-bb66-82a2c7939b8bPost:a606ac5b-0962-47fd-bcde-e37769445447">Re: Mondaaaayyyy</a>:
    [QUOTE]CAB- Yeah, he is a total diick and I'm glad he left, but it seems like a cheap way to try to end that storyline without making her a widow. Although, she just told him to leave, I doubt there's an actual divorce considering he won't be there. It was actually when he came in the door and was talking about the baby, the "is that him?" moment that made me have a twinge of sympathy for the character.  I felt like it made her look a little spoiled in that she didn't understand that he felt needed there, but I don't think I would think like that were I not in the situation I'm in now. I guess this episode made me feel like he was more of a well-rounded character, if an asss, than he's been portrayed as before. Like, he's always been the bad guy in the relationship, and he is, but she wasn't being the most supportive partner ever. It's like, you want him to wear the uniform, you think that's sexy, but you don't want him to serve. I dunno if that makes sense, but I'm a lot more conflicted than I think I would be if I didn't have the military in my life, even in a small way.  All  in all, though, this was probably one of my favorite episodes. 
    Posted by divinemsbee[/QUOTE]
    I see what you're saying... and I agree it was one of my favorites, too! I tripped out when it got violent with Don! I was like woahhhhh AMC!?!? Ha ha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards