Military Brides

No longer jobless and working on that wedding date (FINALLY!) :D

Anyone else have awesome news? Do share! :)

Re: No longer jobless and working on that wedding date (FINALLY!) :D

• AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    1000 Comments Second Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    Congrats!

No real great news for me... but I really want to buy this shirt and sent it to H just for fun...

the awesome part is he would totally wear it. 

Photobucket
  • HAHA! XD

That shirt is wicked awesome! I wish FI would wear something like that />.>
  • The good news is I'm KUI.

The bad news is my flight got cancelled.  I was supposed to GTG with Calindi this weekend :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_no-longer-jobless-and-working-on-that-wedding-date-finally-d?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:be077677-ee40-49dd-8935-8f45acadc17bPost:c16e7a04-3228-42cd-b3a0-23ac2ce9b841">Re: No longer jobless and working on that wedding date (FINALLY!) :D</a>:
    [QUOTE]The good news is I'm KUI. The bad news is my flight got cancelled.  I was supposed to GTG with Calindi this weekend :(
    Posted by Sammy0709[/QUOTE]
    A girl from my month board's flight got cancelled as well and it ended the second half of their HM
  • The bad news: we found out a few days ago that FI won't be able to reenlist right now due to the downsizing even though he's Tier one with good scores. He's really bummed out about that. We're hoping he'll be able to try for reenlistment again within the next 6 months or so. We'll see what happens.

The good news: FI finally comes home in less than a month!! And shortly after that we'll be hitched :)
  • Amanda - That shirt is awesome!  My FI would totally wear something like that too! 

I don't really have anything exciting going on today. Well, my dog ran away today.  She is such a brat sometimes!!!  She came back and smelled like death.  Does anyone know how to get "rolled around in something dead" smell out of a dog?! 
  • ALSO... Bad news: The Thunder lost!  I was so sad, but I'm proud of them.  They had a really good year!
  • ALSO... Bad news: The Thunder lost!  I was so sad, but I'm proud of them.  They had a really good year!
  • Kelty - Thunder lost! Boo! But... they are super young and I think it is great they came so far. I saw on the news that over 4000 fans shows up at the airport to welcome them home. God, I love Oklahoma. It is like a giant lovefest. Warm fuzzies. 

I feel soooo bored. WTF did I do with my weekends without H?  HIMYM Marathon? ok.
    Photobucket
  • IDK but since US Airways f*cked me...okay it was the weather...I'm drinking tonight and again tomorrow night at bike week with SIL and MIL...unless I get called in for work which I did call and tell them they could do.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_no-longer-jobless-and-working-on-that-wedding-date-finally-d?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:be077677-ee40-49dd-8935-8f45acadc17bPost:7ea5fc31-9081-4703-947f-58fcbc55d731">Re: No longer jobless and working on that wedding date (FINALLY!) :D</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kelty - Thunder lost! Boo! But... they are super young and I think it is great they came so far. I saw on the news that over 4000 fans shows up at the airport to welcome them home. God, I love Oklahoma. It is like a giant lovefest. Warm fuzzies.  I feel soooo bored. WTF did I do with my weekends without H?  HIMYM Marathon? ok.
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

Awww I know, I've been seeing all the pics and videos!!!!  I miss Oklahoma so much!!!!  I also agree, they did do great for being so young!!   Such an awesome team to represent our state!!! 

Also, I'm supre bored as well. FI has been at a training for several weeks and it will be a while before he's back and I'm like going stir crazy!!!  I had an Audrey Hepburn movie marathon the other night, but a HIMYM marathon would be awesome!! LOVE that show!!!
  • Zeldakins- I feel rude! Congrats on both things!!!  We can't figure out a date!!!  I want a spring wedding, but spring in OK usually means Tornadoes so that worries me, but summers are too hot and and fall seems to far away and I don't want a winter wedding.  LOL ... so that's my dilemma.

• Zelda-Sweeeet! That's got to feel good. 

Amanda- Words cannot express how awesome I find that shirt. 

Good news: I no longer feel like death warmed up and was able to work out today. I don't know what kind of funky cold FI brought home, or where he picked it up, but that was awful. We also went and saw Brave tonight (at the Alamo Drafthouse--it's awesome) and it was really sweet. Also, FI got taped today at his PT test and has lost 5 inches off his waist and 15 lbs., I'm so proud of him. He's squarely within regs now and is only about 20 lbs away from where he was when he commissioned--now to work on building muscle. 

Bad news: FI's shoulder seized up during his push-ups. So after a really great run and great abdominals, he now has to go to the clinic to get this PT test voided (there's another word he used, but I don't remember it) so he can retake it. This is the same shoulder that was giving him trouble over a year ago and caused him to go on medical for a bit. Do not want that to happen again. His push-ups were going just fine until he got sick last weekend and couldn't work out for 3 days, then they just went to hell. The other problem with that is that the doctor he's assigned to seems to not want to take him seriously and thinks he's slacking, even though his COs and co-workers see him out running and at the gym every morning and can tell he's getting in much better shape. Bother. 
  • Sammy: That really stinks about your flight! :( KUI away, and hopefully your weekend will still be awesome :)

Kelty: Haha! We've been pending on a date forever but at least all parties are in on it now...at least I think so.... O.o
    We can't decide on a date since I'm still going to be in school, he's gonna be in the academy, and he's also set to deploy sometime next year (which honestly makes me nervous, cause some places are IMPOSSIBLE to book without that year to  year and a half in advance)
    GAAAHHH!!! TIME TO GET SERIOUS! />:D   <---that's my serious time face.

Divine: Glad to hear you're feeling better! I really want to go see brave with my little brothers :)

I'm sorry about you're FI's PT test...my FI bombed his last one because of his run (he improved significantly on his push ups and sit ups, etc...but he puked through his run from Lord knows what sick bug :/) He was really bummed cause typically he beats everyone out by at least a minute and this time everyone just passed him up. Needless to say he got a talking to about taking care of himself and trying to train a bit more.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_no-longer-jobless-and-working-on-that-wedding-date-finally-d?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:be077677-ee40-49dd-8935-8f45acadc17bPost:dd604761-4336-4b73-b8f2-0092eb93845c">Re: No longer jobless and working on that wedding date (FINALLY!) :D</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sammy: That really stinks about your flight! :( KUI away, and hopefully your weekend will still be awesome :) <strong>Kelty: Haha! We've been pending on a date forever but at least all parties are in on it now...at least I think so.... O.o We can't decide on a date since I'm still going to be in school, he's gonna be in the academy, and he's also set to deploy sometime next year (which honestly makes me nervous, cause some places are IMPOSSIBLE to book without that year to  year and a half in advance) GAAAHHH!!! TIME TO GET SERIOUS! />:D</strong>   <---that's my serious time face. Divine: Glad to hear you're feeling better! I really want to go see brave with my little brothers :) I'm sorry about you're FI's PT test...my FI bombed his last one because of his run (he improved significantly on his push ups and sit ups, etc...but he puked through his run from Lord knows what sick bug :/) He was really bummed cause typically he beats everyone out by at least a minute and this time everyone just passed him up. Needless to say he got a talking to about taking care of himself and trying to train a bit more.
    Posted by Zeldakins[/QUOTE]

HAHA!!!!  I never thought picking a date would be so difficult!!!   But it definitely is!!! I need to get my serious face on!!!  I'm extremely unmotivated.  I just need to make a decision and stick with it, but everytime I do my mom has to chime in with some excuse as to why it won't work!!!!  Startin' to tick me off just a little!!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards