Military Brides

Whats up today ladies?

Ok so Amanda is probably....dressed? Maybe taking pics already? I'm sitting on the couch relaxing before a girls' night with friends! What are you up to?

Re: Whats up today ladies?

• Happy Wedding Day, Amanda!

I just got back from a very interesting groomer trip that turned into a vet appointment. I wanted to get Archie a summer cut so he wouldn't be so uncomfortable in the heat (it's hitting 90 here many days in the past three weeks, and it'll only get worse). So, I read a bunch of reviews and took him to a groomer that's attached to a very good vet's office. They didn't call me for a long time, so I went by just to see if he was ready. Turns out that while he was getting his belly trimmed he got wiggly and got a pretty nasty, if superficial, cut. And because of where it was surgical glue wouldn't hold it shut. So, they gave me the option of stapling him, which I wanted. I then found out that he had a ton of tapeworms, which they apparently get from eating fleas. Not having them (he didn't have any on him), but if one gets on him and he eats it, boom-worms. 

I also found out that he's way more likely to get worms because we don't have a yard. So, even if he's not hanging out outside, when he does go out he's going out where all the other dogs go out. Greeeaaat.

However, the groomer was super apologetic about the cut, which I realize is one of those things that happens, and the vet was awesome and pretty much gave him a free exam to get his medicine, so I only paid for the grooming and the meds, not the check-up or the staple. Plus, he looks so cute, and he feels like velvet. He's much more terrier-like without his coat and guard hairs, whereas before he was really looking like a Corgi. 
  • Poor Archie :( He's had a ruff day (pun intended)... Glad all is better though!

I am just chillin at home. H went to his poker game, and we will probably go out for dinner and drinks after. I will probably try to get to at least half way through Mockingjay before I go attend to my errands.
  • I'm just cleaning the apartment. Actually in the mood to clean so it's looking nice haha
  • I have a bunch of homework to do before Monday.  Since I have orientation at the hospital all day I Monday I won't be able to do it when I normally do.  I'm also babysitting tonight but the baby will already be asleep when I get there so I'm pretty much just going to make sure no one steals him and the house doesn't burn down.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm bummed today. 

I taught a CPR class this morning that went ok, but this afternoon has sucked. I went to ride my horse and it started POURING as I got there. Waited and it didn't let up, so I went to a lingerie boutique... couldn't find anything I liked. I am still trying to find wedding-night lingerie that I like.. So I came home. 

It will let up raining, then pour again. This sucks. I haven't gotten to ride my horse for one reason or another for the last 2 weeks. Ridiculous... esp knowing that when the wedding rolls around, I won't be able to ride her for a few weeks because I'll be gone. It's such a bummer to pay for a horse when you can't ride her. Nothing sucks like writing checks for something you're not getting to enjoy. 

okay, I'm going to end my pity party of one. Hope Amanda is having an awesome wedding day! 

Div- glad Archie is ok!

Irish- enjoy girls night

CAB- still not drinking yet?! ha!
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • Aww divine, that poor thing!! I hope he makes a good recovery. Fire, I'm gonna join your pity party. I Have this huge exam on Wednesday which has basically taken over my life. So I took a practice test today and did absolutely horrible! Such a blow to my self esteem. I'm really upset right now. But at least I made it to the gym today for a muscle conditioning class and Zumba. Although I can barely lift my arms. I'm heading to my grandma's for dinner with her and my parents. Then back to the books for another lame Saturday night!
  • o0o lrh I just bought Zumba for Wii and tried it yesterday, it was so fun!! I took a class awhile ago but not in years and everyone keeps talking about it. 

Sorry about the crummy day ladies and the poor pup Divine!
  • @Irish I really want to get Zumba for Wii. I've done classes before but joined late so I definitely didn't know the moves! My sister's bf has a kinect and it's cool but it creeps me out that they track your movement and send it back to Xbox.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whats-up-today-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:c5fe9ba0-bd5c-4fa9-b2a4-d147ab6d64f4Post:1bc75c36-e1cb-434e-81ea-6d81164c7bea">Re: Whats up today ladies?</a>:
    [QUOTE]@Irish I really want to get Zumba for Wii. I've done classes before but joined late so I definitely didn't know the moves! My sister's bf has a kinect and it's cool but it creeps me out that they track your movement and send it back to Xbox.
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]
    Ha I was sweating! It was really fun!! Totally check it out!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whats-up-today-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:c5fe9ba0-bd5c-4fa9-b2a4-d147ab6d64f4Post:e7518602-8670-4964-95cd-37d5a227be7b">Re: Whats up today ladies?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whats up today ladies? : Ha I was sweating! It was really fun!! Totally check it out!
    Posted by Irishcurls[/QUOTE]
    I should check the video rental place. They may have it. I'm too cheap to buy it right now lol
  • Ok, I'm in for the pity party now. So, since I've had both cars here, I've been driving FI's car because it's smaller and gets better mileage, but I've been cranking mine once a week and letting it run just so I know it's working. I went to crank it today aaaaaand, nada. And it won't give me the key back from the ignition so I have to leave it unlocked. We just bought a brand new battery for it right before Thanksgiving. I'm pissed. I also have to take my car back to MS on Thursday. So, I'm going to try to jump it from FI's car and see if the battery will just start working and maybe charge enough to keep working. I'm also hoping that it will work well enough that it can stop and start at least to MS without leaving me stranded in some gas station. 

Anyone know the odds of me being able to do that?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whats-up-today-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:c5fe9ba0-bd5c-4fa9-b2a4-d147ab6d64f4Post:edd7bca7-1500-43e1-b74e-e38a26e94365">Re: Whats up today ladies?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, I'm in for the pity party now. So, since I've had both cars here, I've been driving FI's car because it's smaller and gets better mileage, but I've been cranking mine once a week and letting it run just so I know it's working. I went to crank it today aaaaaand, nada. And it won't give me the key back from the ignition so I have to leave it unlocked. We just bought a brand new battery for it right before Thanksgiving. I'm pissed. I also have to take my car back to MS on Thursday. So, I'm going to try to jump it from FI's car and see if the battery will just start working and maybe charge enough to keep working. I'm also hoping that it will work well enough that it can stop and start at least to MS without leaving me stranded in some gas station.  Anyone know the odds of me being able to do that?
    Posted by divinemsbee[/QUOTE]<div>If its truly the battery, then it will die again as soon as you turn it off after you jump it. If its not the battery, well then yeah you're probably still screwed because it might be the starter. I personally wouldn't drive it far until I found out what was wrong with it. 

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whats-up-today-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:c5fe9ba0-bd5c-4fa9-b2a4-d147ab6d64f4Post:d961a7ea-53e9-4722-b6a3-56301cdc6de2">Re: Whats up today ladies?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whats up today ladies? : If its truly the battery, then it will die again as soon as you turn it off after you jump it. If its not the battery, well then yeah you're probably still screwed because it might be the starter. I personally wouldn't drive it far until I found out what was wrong with it. 
    Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>This. </div><div>
    </div><div>Where did you get the battery? Is it still under warranty?</div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • We got it at a local mechanic in Pcola who did a lot of the military guy's cars. I do think we got a warranty, but since it's not a national chain, I don't know what I can do about it. I know you guys are right and I really shouldn't drive it. It's just one more thing to prep for this trip. 

I guess I'll call someone Monday and see if they can come and get it (last time the guy was able to start it and get it to his shop) and hopefully it won't be an arm and a leg. 
  • Oh man, that just sucks Divine :/ Car troubles are the worst.
    Also, glad to here Archie is ok!

Happy Wedding day to Amanda! :)

Also, Irh and Sammy, I hear ya'll on the HW and tests...I should be studying right now (Bad Zelda, BAD.) Best of luck to you!

Fire- what kind of lingerie are you thinking about buying? I ask cause I don't typically like the stuff in most sexy stores. I really like the classy lacy stuff (but not VS) and found some really neat stuff at Dilliards the last time I was there. It's a line called In Bloom by Jonquil. I'd try an actual store though cause their online selection sucks.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whats-up-today-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:c5fe9ba0-bd5c-4fa9-b2a4-d147ab6d64f4Post:e65cf1f6-1d8f-4bba-a4ea-6a2342510301">Re: Whats up today ladies?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm bummed today.  I taught a CPR class this morning that went ok, but this afternoon has sucked. I went to ride my horse and it started POURING as I got there. Waited and it didn't let up, so I went to a lingerie boutique... couldn't find anything I liked. I am still trying to find wedding-night lingerie that I like.. So I came home.  It will let up raining, then pour again. This sucks. I haven't gotten to ride my horse for one reason or another for the last 2 weeks. Ridiculous... esp knowing that when the wedding rolls around, I won't be able to ride her for a few weeks because I'll be gone. It's such a bummer to pay for a horse when you can't ride her. Nothing sucks like writing checks for something you're not getting to enjoy.  okay, I'm going to end my pity party of one. Hope Amanda is having an awesome wedding day!  Div- glad Archie is ok! Irish- enjoy girls night <strong>CAB- still not drinking yet?! ha!
    </strong>Posted by firemedicrr[/QUOTE]
    Dammit Fire! Now I wanna drink because I feel like I need to drink. Am I the resident MB drunk or something?!?! Ha ha! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whats-up-today-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:c5fe9ba0-bd5c-4fa9-b2a4-d147ab6d64f4Post:547946c0-c389-4031-88f7-8c3b9de93faa">Re: Whats up today ladies?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whats up today ladies? : Dammit Fire! Now I wanna drink because I feel like I need to drink. Am I the resident MB drunk or something?!?! Ha ha! :)
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

<div>I feel like we need to have AT LEAST one... and it's not me right now. hahaa!</div><div>
    </div><div>YES DAMNIT, STOP DENYING IT!!!</div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • Irish and zims, zumba is sooooo much fun! I still don't know all the moves, but everyone else in the class looks pretty awkward too so I just try my best haha!

I plan on enjoying a glass or two of wine later on.  I went to Walmart to get a calculator for my exam, and they were out of my favorite calculator (yes, I know how nerdy that sounds), so I ended up leaving with a bottle of cheap wine and a microwave brownie!
  • I think I'm going to eat a cupcake and promise myself I'll work out extra hard this week. Ugh...stupid cupcake.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whats-up-today-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:c5fe9ba0-bd5c-4fa9-b2a4-d147ab6d64f4Post:25e85716-3cdc-43af-849c-dc13374d8544">Re: Whats up today ladies?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Irish and zims, zumba is sooooo much fun! I still don't know all the moves, but everyone else in the class looks pretty awkward too so I just try my best haha! I plan on enjoying a glass or two of wine later on. <strong> I went to Walmart to get a calculator for my exam, and they were out of my favorite calculator (yes, I know how nerdy that sounds), so I ended up leaving with a bottle of cheap wine and a microwave brownie!</strong>
    Posted by lrh17[/QUOTE]

<div>I love everything about this statement except that they didn't have your calculator.</div><div>
    </div><div>and cab- bring me some! and draw me back on draw something!! then I'll be happy.</div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards