Military Brides
Options

AW. T&P for my MIL

Aw!!! My MIL got engaged on Friday!!!!!

T&P.  For her. She's having some health problems. Its not cancer yet. 

ETA: Thanks beach!
Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.

Re: AW. T&P for my MIL

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Like a copalscopy (SP?)? If so, she will be ok. I've had it done, it sucks but it's not that bad.
  • Options
    KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_aw-tp-mil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:c6f7b0e8-dddd-45cc-a166-b978c5cc6b56Post:01b87ec3-04e3-4cd4-871a-2392137355fa">Re: AW. T&P for my MIL</a>:
    [QUOTE]Like a copalscopy (SP?)? If so, she will be ok. I've had it done, it sucks but it's not that bad.
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]
    I can't remember what its called. They are going in to get all the bad cells and then they have to make sure they got them all and make sure its not cancer. 
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kendall are you sure that's really info you want to put out there?  I mean, I know people talk about IL's all the time on here, but that's getting pretty personal, and I doubt she would appreciate you talking about her OBGYN appts on the internet.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_aw-tp-mil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:c6f7b0e8-dddd-45cc-a166-b978c5cc6b56Post:7f938396-e05c-480c-b099-39537a502c92">Re: AW. T&P for my MIL</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kendall are you sure that's really info you want to put out there?  I mean, I know people talk about IL's all the time on here, but that's getting pretty personal, and I doubt she would appreciate you talking about her OBGYN appts on the internet.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]
    Thanks I didn't think about that. I ETA. 
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    A colposcopy is what they do when there is an abnormal pap smear.  Over 80% of women will at some point have an abnormal pap smear in their lives, and that is the standard procedure to follow up.  As long as she gets annual pap smears, the chances that she has developed cervical cancer are extremely low.  It could be mild, moderate, or advanced dysplasia, meaning abnormal cells, in which case she'd either be asked to come back for routine screenings to make sure it doesn't progress (the majority of women clear these abnormal cells within 2 years)  or if it's more advanced or she has had repeated colposcopies with no improvement, have the option of a LEEP procedure (where they surgically remove the bad cells) or a few other less popular options, such as laser removal.  Even if she had developed cervical cancer, the recovery rates are extremely high.

Best of luck to her.

Anniversary

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_aw-tp-mil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:c6f7b0e8-dddd-45cc-a166-b978c5cc6b56Post:78c38801-9d57-4112-87c8-ce2f694b9c19">Re: AW. T&P for my MIL</a>:
    [QUOTE]A colposcopy is what they do when there is an abnormal pap smear.  Over 80% of women will at some point have an abnormal pap smear in their lives, and that is the standard procedure to follow up.  As long as she gets annual pap smears, the chances that she has developed cervical cancer are extremely low.  It could be mild, moderate, or advanced dysplasia, meaning abnormal cells, in which case she'd either be asked to come back for routine screenings to make sure it doesn't progress (the majority of women clear these abnormal cells within 2 years)  or if it's more advanced or she has had repeated colposcopies with no improvement, have the option of a LEEP procedure (where they surgically remove the bad cells) or a few other less popular options, such as laser removal.  Even if she had developed cervical cancer, the recovery rates are extremely high. Best of luck to her.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thats what they are doing. the LEEP! Thank you :] 

</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_aw-tp-mil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:c6f7b0e8-dddd-45cc-a166-b978c5cc6b56Post:78c38801-9d57-4112-87c8-ce2f694b9c19">Re: AW. T&P for my MIL</a>:
    [QUOTE]A colposcopy is what they do when there is an abnormal pap smear.  Over 80% of women will at some point have an abnormal pap smear in their lives, and that is the standard procedure to follow up.  As long as she gets annual pap smears, the chances that she has developed cervical cancer are extremely low.  It could be mild, moderate, or advanced dysplasia, meaning abnormal cells, in which case she'd either be asked to come back for routine screenings to make sure it doesn't progress (the majority of women clear these abnormal cells within 2 years)  or if it's more advanced or she has had repeated colposcopies with no improvement, have the option of a LEEP procedure (where they surgically remove the bad cells) or a few other less popular options, such as laser removal.  Even if she had developed cervical cancer, the recovery rates are extremely high. Best of luck to her.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

Cal, you will, from now on, be considered one of the smartest Knotties I "know". You impress me all.the.time! I've been through this and don't know as much! Ha ha ha!
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_aw-tp-mil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:c6f7b0e8-dddd-45cc-a166-b978c5cc6b56Post:568c1472-0136-4092-8099-a290b64bc0a8">Re: AW. T&P for my MIL</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW. T&P for my MIL : Cal, you will, from now on, be considered one of the smartest Knotties I "know". You impress me all.the.time! I've been through this and don't know as much! Ha ha ha!

Thanks!  When I don't know something I come across in real life, I tend to research the hell out of it.  I like to be informed (plus I'm nosy, and like to read). 

I've been through it, too.  Feel free to PM or Facebook me about it anytime.  It was not fun, and I'm hoping it's gone for good now, but knowledge at least is power, right?  I didn't feel as out of control of the situation since I knew what the risks were and potential outcomes.

I like that this board (and Stan in particular) have helped inform me on military stuff.  I've done a bunch more reading, and often I've known what an acronym means before FI.  I still have a TON to learn, though!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_aw-tp-mil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:c6f7b0e8-dddd-45cc-a166-b978c5cc6b56Post:a12e86bf-2d8f-4f07-b606-7275305df5cf">Re: AW. T&P for my MIL</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW. T&P for my MIL : Thanks!  When I don't know something I come across in real life, I tend to research the hell out of it.  I like to be informed (plus I'm nosy, and like to read).  I've been through it, too.  Feel free to PM or Facebook me about it anytime.  It was not fun, and I'm hoping it's gone for good now, but knowledge at least is power, right?  I didn't feel as out of control of the situation since I knew what the risks were and potential outcomes. I like that this board (and Stan in particular) have helped inform me on military stuff.  I've done a bunch more reading, and often I've known what an acronym means before FI.  I still have a TON to learn, though!
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

It's been 2 yrs since I did the copal... and I went in to get my bc a few wks ago, and totally got scolded by the clinician for not coming and getting it checked again! She freaked me out for a second, but then she was like, ohhhhh... we don't have appts. for months, you're probably fine now. UGH.
    Anyway, I will probably PM you later about it...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_aw-tp-mil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:c6f7b0e8-dddd-45cc-a166-b978c5cc6b56Post:06348dd1-1f3f-4060-ac9b-bfe0b4c7b5dc">Re: AW. T&P for my MIL</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW. T&P for my MIL : It's been 2 yrs since I did the copal... and I went in to get my bc a few wks ago, and totally got scolded by the clinician for not coming and getting it checked again! She freaked me out for a second, but then she was like, ohhhhh... we don't have appts. for months, you're probably fine now. UGH. Anyway, I will probably PM you later about it...

Been there done that and it sucked like hell!! Oh and I was scolded so bad by one of the nurses that she has me afraid to miss any appointments. 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have an update! The cells they tested aren't cancerous but they can't check more until her procedure

My MIL's ring
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards