Military Brides
Options

New(ish) and haven't introduced myself yet!

Hi Everyone!

I've been posting on this board for a bit, but my first post was a question instead of an introduction, and I've been reading posts from others introducing themselves and thinking hmm... I never did that...

So here I am! Hi everyone! I'm a soon to be Army bride (if you count July 2012 as "soon!") currently doing the long distance thing while I work on my master's degree in Ohio and my Fi is stationed at Ft Bragg, NC.

The plan is graduate June 2012, wedding in July, and at some point in there move in with him and hopefully start a new job all at the same time! It's still pretty far out, but crazy nonetheless.

I've been enjoying hanging out on this board, so hopefully you'll all see more of me!
White Knot Visit The Knot! Daisypath Graduation tickers

Re: New(ish) and haven't introduced myself yet!

• Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board! What are you getting your Master's in?
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    duggan12duggan12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hello,
    My name is Amanda, I will be an Army Bride as well and my Fi is also stationed at Bragg. :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and you will be surprised how quickly next summer will come. We had a long(er) engagement (18 months) and I can't believe I am under the 2 month mark!
    GL with our masters.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I've been watching this board for a while now too!  I'm Katie! That's great that you are finishing up your degree before you are getting married!  Congrats on getting your Master's!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! My degree will be in Genetic Counseling... and since lots of people don't know what that is, here's a link to explain: http://www.nsgc.org/Home/PatientPage/tabid/203/Default.aspx
  • Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How interesting! The only thing I liked about bio was Punnett Squares, so your future job sounds super fascinating.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello, I'm Brandy. I'm also a newly engaged, soon-to-be Army wife. My wedding will be in 2012 as well! Congrats on finishing school, I am just beginning applying to get my Master's as well. I'm glad to see there is a board for the military brides as we might be able to share some good advice for our upcoming weddings. My biggest challenge right now is finding a beautiful but affordable venue in California. I have my work cut out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's nice to meet everyone :) A few different people said they were in school or applying for it - what are you guys doing?

Brandy, I've never been to California, but I'd love to someday! Have you checked out your local board for venue ideas?

Amanda, I'd say maybe we'll run into each other some time, but there are sooo many people at Bragg/ in Fayetteville that it's pretty likely we never will! Plus unfortunately I'm not down there as often as I'd like :(
  • Options
    duggan12duggan12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married this june so I will be there full time after august. You never know we might.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards