Military Brides
Options

save the date ideas

Hi all! So we are getting into the swing of things, and the stress is lightening although we only have a few weeks to do most of this before we both are out of the area for a while....

What I was curious about was if anyone had any cute save-the date ideas for a airforce wedding to hint at that in advance and the 4th of july weekend.  we are doing postcards and i am designing them myself...

any ideas or examples other have had? I would love to tastefully and sutly tie in the air force theme!

Re: save the date ideas

• Options
    BiMWaTBiMWaT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw an example somewhere where the STD was actually a paper airplane.  I think it was for a destination wedding, not AF, but it was cute.  It's a little more informal though (and not a postcard) so it might not be what you were looking for.
  • Options
    BiMWaTBiMWaT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are two examples I found, like I said you would probably want to make some changes to make it more AF and less destination.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we had an MC wedding on a battleship, so our STD was a picture we took of ourselves on the ship with the guns in the background.  If its AF, maybe take a picture of the two of you somewhere on base that shows the planes in the background?  If you're super savvy maybe photoshop some fireworks in the background since you people to know it's the 4th of July weekend.  He doesn't have to be in uniform for people to get that he's military. GL!

• Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I know a lot of people have asked if FI was going to be in uniform.  Seems they just assume. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    minekellyrichminekellyrich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no uniform photo--we're doing an engagement photoshoot this week or next; and we unfortunately are not near or on a base yet (he commissions in Dec)...

I like the fireworks and the paperplane idea...i might encorporate them together..
    any other ideas are welcome though!!
  • Options
    SpunkchinSpunkchin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about using a graphic of a paper airplane? Or an AF plane pulling a banner that says Save the Date? Or an AF plane skywriting "save the date"?

(I got married over the fourth of July weekend to an AF pilot and didn't really go down the "military wedding" road so don't feel like you HAVE to go patriotic if there are other ideas you like better.)
  • Options
    minekellyrichminekellyrich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no we like the idea ; we're doing baby blue and a red so its a tribute without being over the top; i always wanted blue played in as it is my and his favorite colors (varying shades but good) ...plus we are going full out; I know he loves it and it is "our " day and I'm proud of him, so we are going full military---we have a lot of military family history, and alot of retirees on his side so we felt it all fit...so we kinda want it on the save the dates but suttle...the whole wedding isnt going to scream it...the angle we're going for is a red and blue wedding with air force that happens to be on 4th of july weekend.....not a red white and blue military wedding for the 4th of july....

if that makes any sense lol :) (no stars and stripes in the theme..just tributes overall with the colors)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the fireworks idea. Hints at the weekend without being too much! The paper airplane idea is cute, but to me says more of a DW than 4th of July wedding unless you add details to the plane that may make it seem more "military-esque". I think you could also maybe do something cute with banners like someone said, or maybe ribbons? I'm not sure what the AF uniforms look like as my FI is a Marine but we tied in his uniform to our invites with a blue almost paisley background, and there was a red ribbon belly band type detail across the actual invite, kinda like a belt? Maybe something like that, symbolic without actually putting an AF uniform on the STD. GL, with whatever you choose!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were thinking of using this (ending up with a heart magnet and used Cornflower Blue) ... I know its very obvious but since you are D-I-Y perhaps you can play it down a bit ...

http://www.magnetstreet.com/details/market/517/productId/13184
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had the same issue when I was coming up with save the dates.  I wanted something military but not camo or patriotic.  If you like the idea, you would have to change it slighty to make it look more like an air force dress/mess uniform, if that is what he is wearing.  I can't get the picture to upload, but I think it may be on my page, or I know I posted it on a previous board about save the dates.  I'll try to post it again
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I can put you in contact with the lady who designed them if interested!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ya we had magnets like the one above.  A navy guy and a bride.  It was super cute and people loved it because it stayed on teh fridge.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://military.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_save-date-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:dc94f00b-3deb-45ce-8cb5-9b227c28455dPost:0a941040-7b6f-4d4f-8488-d3a4fe879de9">Re: save the date ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can put you in contact with the lady who designed them if interested!
    Posted by Kathleen Rachel C[/QUOTE]

<div>I know that this post was created a long time ago but I love those! I have been looking for military save-the-dates (my future hubby is in the Air Force) and those are really cute. Can you give me the contact info of who made them?</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards