What's everyone doing today?

Because I'm going to go meet Calindi.... Jus' sayin'

YAY for little mini GTG Smile

Re: What's everyone doing today?

• Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have fun in your GTG you 2! Nothinh much is going on with me. Currently watching an episode of CSI Miami. Don't want to go out much, got some bad sunburns from the water park the other day. Lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How exciting! Have fun!

I'm in the same boat as Kara. I was in the pool for about 6 hours yesterday so I'm burnt to a crisp. I've been laying around watching Prison Break all day. I want to go to the gym but my sports bra lays right on top of my sunburned shoulders. :(
    March 2012 Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon - Undecided (NYC or DC)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    I've got them on my shoulders too, but the worst is that I've got it real bad on my cleavage! I put sunblock on too. Ugh. Lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Boooo You WhoresWink
    I so wish I could have been there!!! I hate that I had to work...
    I <3 you both!!

Kara-I'm sorry about your sunburn.. I got one in April, and I'm still pink. It doesn't hurt anymore, but it was like a 3rd degree sunburn complete with trip to the emergency room! I'll be pink for the rest of my life I'm sure.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Thats sucks Sami! I hope mine don't stay that long. I've honestly never gotten sunburns this bad before! lol
  • Options
    Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had to post because I'm super excited about what I'm doing.  Finishing up packing to leave in the morning for a 27 day vacation to my hometown.  I'm so ready to be out of the desert for a while.

Sorry about the sunburn...we'll be at the lake a lot while I'm home so I really hope I don't get one.  I'll send some aloe vera your way if you send some SPF 50 mine lol.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    I would love some aloe vera Sammy! lol I'll send spf 100 your way, much better! haha Sounds like you'll be having some fun! How exciting!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wait... isn't it true that anything over SPF 45 is like useless or something..

I think I read that somewhere.. Maybe not.. Idk..
    Photobucket
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SPF is sort of a curve of effectiveness, so 75 does offer more protection than 45 but only marginally. 30 is MUCH more effective than 15, and 45 is a bit better than 30. They say for most people it will wear off before that difference would matter - there's no such thing as all day sunscreen, so they don't want people buying SPF 100 and not realizing they need to reapply as frequently as SPF 30. But there's no harm in using a higher SPF as long as you reapply as frequently. I use SPF 75 with Helioplex, which is a medical compound in Neutrogena sunscreen that helps better block UVA and UVB rays completely. My family is a skin cancer hot bed, so I've been educated on this for years!!!

Anyway, had so much fun with GGirl!!! We chatted about you all - it must have been so strange to anyone overhearing us!!! "Stan" this and "DNBeach" that.

ETA:  Here we are!

Anniversary

• Options
    YoungDuoYoungDuo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm jealous! I would love to be laying out by the pool today! I'm working all day in bank :( But..this weekend I am going to Vegas with FI and my family, last vaca til our honeymoon :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 204 made the cut image 122 are ready to party image 65 are being lame
    image 17 can't find the mailbox
    RSVP Date: October 20
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards