Military Brides
Options

Wednesday vent...

Mom send me the proofs for invites today.

They are super boring and plain and I do not like them at all.

Pretty sure she's gonna get them printed this way anyway. She said she hopes that over time I will be okay with them.

This all really sucks because I wanted to pay for and pick invites, and then she insisted, saying that since they were hosting, she had to be in charge. I really am getting closer to Vegas every day.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Wednesday vent...

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, sorry! That's a bummer! Unfortunately since they're paying, they do get a lot of say, it's just annoying that they're choosing to disregard your feelings. My friend's father was insistent on traditional invitations, but she wanted more modern ones. In the end, I don't think anyone really noticed or cared. She tried to look on the bright side that she didn't need to assemble them or spend much money on them. I think she ended up being very content with them.

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, calindi.. you always look on the bright side:)
  • Options
    YoungDuoYoungDuo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm sorry your mom is insisiting on an invite you're not a huge fan of! Even though she's paying and the final say in it (like Cal said) it still sucks.  I totally understand the Vegas thing..FI and I are so over this whole planning thing and we keep "jokingly"bringing up the idea :P

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 204 made the cut image 122 are ready to party image 65 are being lame
    image 17 can't find the mailbox
    RSVP Date: October 20
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'm with you guys on threatening to elope.  I've joked about it a bunch, but I've seriously threatened twice now.  I have a feeling that it will grow significantly in the next year.  Our plan is to elope to Costa Rica.  We're actually going on a family vacation there in October, and the only people I absolutely need at my wedding are my parents & brother.  It's tempting!

I think I'm going to keep a count in my siggy just for laughs.

Anniversary

• Options
    Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm 75% sure I've gotten a few fancy invites in my life (some for the whole family some for me specifically) and I don't remember what any of them look like. It sucks your mom is being so adimate about picking what SHE likes but, in the end, guests will remember the important stuff: the ceremony, the dress, the fun times. The big secret is most people throw the invite away. I'm pretty sure I used the back of my cousin's to give my mom a phone message and let her know I was going out with my friends one night when she didn't answer her cell lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm all about the paper. Could you add something after to spice them up? Like a feather?
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I asked if we could emboss a little fleur-de-lis on it or something... But she opened it up to changing the font and font size, which is as good a compromise as I think I'm gonna get.  I'm just glad I slept on it before talking to her. I was literally furious last night. This morning I felt much more rational about the whole thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards