Military Brides

50 Shades of Grey!

First of all.. read all three books and I loved them but I understand they aren't for everyone.  Smut isn't everyone's favorite but hey I like me some good steamy scenes.  If you haven't read them but like romance novels GO BUY NOW.

Now I've been reading they want to make a movie of it... please dear jesus no!  I'm tired of all my favorite books being ruined. Icing on the cake: some fan idiots want Rob Pattinson and Kristen Stewart to play the leads.  If you've read the books lets discuss :)
imageFollow Me on Pinterest

Re: 50 Shades of Grey!

• Can you tell me what it's about, without giving anything away obviously... I am interested, but there are a lot of negative reviews on it, too. I am all for smut (everyone remember The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty recommendation!? HA HA!) so that's not an issue. I guess I don't get how it's tied into Twilight? Which I have also not read, so I want to make sure I even get it.
  • I honestly had NO idea that she based it on Twilight because it has nothing at all to do with it.  Long story super short without spoilers.. Complicated man likes pretty college student, wants to make her his submissive (BDSM) and the story is about how their relationship evolves and she changes him.

I bought all three books of the Trilogy on Friday and finished them by Sunday because they were that good.  Where people think Twilight falls in I don't know but I swear to god if they use those two as the main actors I'll cry (probably go see it to torture myself) and then cry some more.
  • I think the reason all of the Twilight crap is brought up is because the author was picturing those characters as she wrote it... which is weird and stupid because it has nothing to do with sparkly vampires or girls who can't act
  • Ha ha Jack :) Now I feel like I need to read it. I just downloaded 200 books last night from a friend, but those were not in there :( I am so excited to start a new series, because I am almost done with HG.

On a different note, I downloaded all of HP, and will finally read those! YAY!
    And, I also got the Stefanie Plum series. I have a lot of reading to do!
  • Yay!  I did hear that they are making the Twilight author's other book The Host into a movie.. That book was really good as well but I won't hold my breathe on the movie.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards