Military Brides

QOTD 8.31.11

Where did you find your wedding vendors? Bridal show? TK? etc...

A lot of mine I knew I wanted for a while. Our bakery is like the only one in town but definitely the best. We already have our cake ordered and paid for in full (bonus it's right across the street from our reception venue). My sister was a waitress at our reception venue and said the receptions always looked beautiful. There's one reception hall in our town that EVERYONE uses and every reception looks the same. My florist did my cousin's wedding 2 years ago and my grandpa's funeral this past September. They do beautiful work and my FI always gets me flowers from there because he knows it's my favorite :) I found a DJ in the bridal show I modeled in but then we changed our date and he wasn't available. One of my guy friends who's opinion I highly trust recommended one to me because he'd seen like all of the DJs in our area working at the country club (before it shut down :( that was going to be our reception venue) I'm really happy with him so far (he's also getting married this fall at the same church as us so he was able to tell me a little about the pre cana classes). That's all the vendors I can think of but I'm sure ya'll will remind me of more :)

Re: QOTD 8.31.11

• edited December 2011
    Bridal shows and TK were good starting points, but they tend to have the super pricey vendors.
    Dj- through my aunt (she is an event planner)

cake, venue, caterer- google google google google google google for about three months until we narrowed it down enough to start visiting places.

photog- a friend of a friend through my aunt's gym of a friend blah blah.. then google. haha

flowers- through aunt, and reviews, and DIYness.

rental- aunt.
  • KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    google. My local board and down the street from FI's work :] 

I've done a ton of research
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I googled the crap out of vendors. I'm really proud of my photographer because I found her on google and she is a.mah.zing!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yeah my photgraphrr. She did my senior pics and was amazing. I creep her fb page for new pics :P
  • YoungDuoYoungDuo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found all my vendors through recommendations from other people. The only place I googled was my reception venue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 204 made the cut image 122 are ready to party image 65 are being lame
    image 17 can't find the mailbox
    RSVP Date: October 20
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mostly through my local board and their recs.  Since I'm planning from so far away, it was invaluable.  I found my venue through StyleMePretty and then googled it to find their website, then I found my photographer through who knows what - just a ton of googling and searching reviews!  I think I found them on WeddingWire, but I honestly don't remember.  We got our DJ, videographer, and florist from TK, and then the florist recommended the caterer.

We still have to book a tent & chair rental company.  I narrowed it down to 2 that our caterer is familiar working with at that venue, and so now I've delegated it to FI to call those 2 and get quotes.  I figured it was an easy straight-forward task for him to be involved since I'm doing 99% of the legwork.  He's procrastinating, and I'm trying to be patient, but I'm getting pissy.  He's always so freaking busy with law school stuff and the 2 different student organizations that he founded, but I know he can fit in 2 freaking phone calls.  I am about to do it myself, but I feel like that defeats the purpose of delegating.

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Let's see... I found my reception hall (and catering) through tk - and got a pretty good deal with it - definitely wasn't one of their 'preferred vendors - good lord do they think people are made of money? I found my florist from my local board and am so very, very happy with her. I found my photographer from my florist and the bridal show. I found my church through google and the reception hall mentioned them and I am so happy with the parish there (thats a huge relief). I found my wedding dress from google, tk, and the photographer recommended her (after I already bought the dress) I still have a ton of things to book but I feel like I got a great start so far for only being engaged for not even 2 months yet. I really should google more - I use it for everything. I've noticed TK isn't always the best source for finding/searching their vendors.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Photographer- College Friend

Videographer - Bridal Show

Limo- Bridal Show

Linens/Chair Covers- Bridal Show/FB/TK

Reception Venue - Found on my own, by far the best deal in town

Baker- On my own, we get cakes from them all the time. I wish we would have gotten a fake display cake made somewhere else though. Because our cake looked like a 5yr old art project but tasted AMAZING

Flowers- On my own

Bridal Salon for my dress - found on my own, mags, google

I found the tux place by price comparing

the knot wasn't that helpful for me to find vendors because my local board is for mpls/st paul area and our wedding/reception was over an hour away.
  • edited December 2011
    I found my venue by googling "mansions in Southern California" and fell in love the INSTANT I went onto their website. (And even more so when FI and I went to see it.) I found my DJ at a Bridal Bazaar in Del Mar, but other than that every other vendor has been through my venue. They have their recommended vendors list and I used that list before I started venturing out to fairs and whatnot. Every single vendor they recommend has amazing reviews and top notch service. I got my photographer that way and she is amazing. I plan to use an officiant, florist, and bakery off their list as well.
    March 2012 Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon - Undecided (NYC or DC)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards