Military Brides

funny stuff

So I was reading old posts today because I actually have free time. And I saw on one of them a person recommended this place:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Prince-Charming-IS-a-United-States-Marine/321271281054

It made me laugh because if I was ever part of a page that called my FI a Prince Charming, he would probably make fun of me so bad that it would be ridiculous. I would never ever live it down.

Re: funny stuff

• iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    HA!  The latest post calls us all mean.  The mod says we chewed out for friend for having a different opinion.  That post was made on Tuesday.  I wonder which one was her friend. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @TX: I think it might be this thread: 

The OP and leah are friends IRL.

I can't believe she actually went on national page and badmouthed us to others! They never even came back.. 
  • ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That's because they are marrying Prince Charming Kara! No time to come back to deal with us commoners.
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    I guess so huh! Poor us, such paupers! H would laugh at me hysterically if I ever said he was my PC! hahaha
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, pretty sure FI would walk away from me laughing hysterically. Actually, to be honest, I don't think I could even say to him with a straight face. I'm all about corniness and poking fun, but I don't think that page is meant to be corny, I think its meant to be serious, which scares me.
  • edited December 2011
    Now I know how Kate Middleton felt.. being a commoner...
    Photobucket
    edited December 2011
    I mean, I tell FI I'm a princess all the time, but I'm kidding, and he knows it.

We also argue if I do have royal blood somewhere in my genealogy and if unicorns ever existed so ya know we're a little weird about things. I just really enjoy getting him going on any kind of illogical mythological topic. It's funny to me. The unicorn one is really funny. He will always say that there is no proof that they existed, and I go "exactly, you have no proof that they didn't exist either". He gets so frustrated, and then I laugh haha.
    edited December 2011
    My point is, that we do it in fun and don't actually believe that I'm a princess, or that he's a prince.

except I'm really a princess Tongue out
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_funny-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:e7cdf33b-6b20-42f5-bde5-eee8319ad780Post:7d3a1e84-f748-4fcf-ad62-b9e8f1c13ac6">Re: funny stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]My point is, that we do it in fun and don't actually believe that I'm a princess, or that he's a prince. except I'm really a princess
    Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]
    <div>
    </div><div>Haha. H and I are like that too. For our wedding, all the workers that day called me "princess." I told H about it later on, and he says"Why wasn't I called anything? I paid for this shindig too! I'm supposed to be your prince, better yet I'm a king" Hahaha</div>
  • edited December 2011
    My FI would roll his eyes or laugh uncontrollably if I ever called him my "prince charming." I think that might be the last thing a Marine, or any SM, would want to be referred to as. 
    March 2012 Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon - Undecided (NYC or DC)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    From now on, totally calling FI my Prince Charming.

I'm pretty sure I won't be having a wedding if I do that.
  • edited December 2011
    Girls we are getting quite to reputation for being hateful biitches and bitter hags..

Keep up the Good work!!!Wink
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    LoL almost as good as a hate PM.

Funny Story, I call H my best friend and he says, well that's odd Sean is my best friend. He is very literal and thinks wife = woman you marry, keeper of the house LoL 
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at that page via my mom's FB (that just sounds wrong to me..) it is absolutely ridiculous... Like.. it's embarassing to me.  It's very clearly written/posted on by 17 & 18 year old girls who got married before their HS Sweetheart left for basic.

Hmmm.. I wonder if they'll still think their Marine's are Prince Charming after their divorces..
    Ohh..Snarky? Too much?
    Photobucket
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in Disney yesterday with my friend who is visiting and her 2 year old... and there were a ton of couples in matching 'bride and groom' Mickey hats (the 'bride' is all white and has a little veil and the 'groom' has a little top hat), and a few had t-shirts that said, "I married my Prince Charming" and "I married my Princess".  Either newlyweds on their honeymoons or just engaged couples. I wanted to gag!  My friend said, "Ooooh, we should buy those for you and your FI!"  And I told her that he'd yell at me for wasting so much money on something so useless, and would refuse to wear either a Mickey hat or that stupid shirt.

Anniversary

edited December 2011
    And now, I am totally buying them for you calindi hahaha.
  • edited December 2011
    hahhahaha.. I thought the same thing GG!!
    Photobucket
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The hats or the shirts?  Cuz I do secretly think the hats are kinda cute, but you can only wear them in Disney without getting weird looks so they're totally a waste of money.  But the shirts are just nauseating!!!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Who knows... maybe we'll get you both as a wedding present!! And I'm fairly certain I read a story about people wearing the Mickey Ears in the bedroom.. Embarassed
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards