Military Brides
Options

I now understand

Why I got so much sh!t for what I wanted to do. 

I feel the need to thank you ladies!

To those of you who gave me a verbal slap up side the head.

THANK YOU!!

Although those two words don't feel like enough.
Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.

Re: I now understand

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You mean we're not all evil women who want to ruin someone's pretty princess day?  We're not out to get them, us big old meanies?

Gah... I feel like sometimes it would be easier to pat them on the head and say, "Whatever you want, sweetie.  Just don't come crying to us when it bites you in your big ol' behind."

Anniversary

• Options
    KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope far from it. You ladies are trying to keep us and our SO's from going to jail. 

I owe you ladies a lot. I have just come to the realization that having one wedding will be a ton less trouble.

This might sound mean but I promise it isn't meant to be like that

If my grandpa isn't there he isn't there. Its part of life. I'll cry and be upset but he'll be in a better place
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately that's the risk we take every day.  My wedding is in a year and my grandparents are all in their 80's - it's statistically probable one of them won't make it to my wedding.  Very sad, but that's life. 

Anniversary

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    grandpa is 97. I hope they will be but I doubt it. :[ I guess we will deal with it when the time comes. I'm more worried about basic than the wedding right now
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    There's always something they'll miss, but we have to be grateful for what they got to see.  Maybe he'll be able to see you graduate from Basic!  That would be awesome.  And maybe he'll surprise you and make your wedding.  But then he probably won't be there one day when you get around to having kids... there will always be something he'll miss!  Just enjoy the days you have with him, and at least he knows you have someone in your life that you want to spend your life with.  That's the most important thing - he knows there's someone to be by your side through life.

Anniversary

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He can't travel. :[ He can watch it by video :] 

I'm just glad he met the man I'm marrying
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    kendall you can be grateful that you have other people there that love and support you.

My Dad wasn't there, it hurt he wasn't there to walk me down the aisle. But I know he was in a better place and that I was still surrounded by people that love and supported us.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_now-understand?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:ec566615-096a-4358-94d5-5feaba1ea2b0Post:dfae2bed-7c5a-4544-8217-1e1008465500">Re: I now understand</a>:
    [QUOTE]kendall you can be grateful that you have other people there that love and support you. My Dad wasn't there, it hurt he wasn't there to walk me down the aisle. But I know he was in a better place and that I was still surrounded by people that love and supported us.
    Posted by shan87[/QUOTE]
    I am more than grateful. I know without them we would have nothing. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI was as close to his grandfather as he is to his father.. and His grandpa passed away last year while Fi was deployed :( It breaks his heard that he can't be a part of it. It also breaks both our hearts that we aren't having the wedding in his hometown because now his grandma can't come either (not allowed to travel). It's someone everyone struggles with when planning a wedding...

What about basic are you worried?
    Don't stress it.. if it's what you want, it's just a fact. You have to do it. Just like you had to go to high school. You'll get through just fine. :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_now-understand?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:ec566615-096a-4358-94d5-5feaba1ea2b0Post:f0d07b76-d06b-411d-bdef-804f641c8bfe">Re: I now understand</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI was as close to his grandfather as he is to his father.. and His grandpa passed away last year while Fi was deployed :( It breaks his heard that he can't be a part of it. It also breaks both our hearts that we aren't having the wedding in his hometown because now his grandma can't come either (not allowed to travel). It's someone everyone struggles with when planning a wedding... What about basic are you worried? Don't stress it.. if it's what you want, it's just a fact. You have to do it. Just like you had to go to high school. You'll get through just fine. :)
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]
    Something happening while I'm gone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The fastest way to get out of basic, is to graduate.. I still remember my RDCs telling me that..

I think everyone gets married with someone not there, its just part of life. H's grandparents (and step grandparents) were there, but mine have all passed.. It was sad, but they are my surrogate grandparents I guess.

If (God forbid) something happens, you'll know. They will tell you. You might have to choose to leave boot, and come back (that's how it was for me, my Grandma passed while I was at boot), but honestly.. I would stay and finish. I know that my grandma would have rather me finished boot, than to leave, and go back.. She was super proud of me for joining (even though she was convinced I was just doing it to "catch me a husband"..) You'll get through it. I promise.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_now-understand?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:ec566615-096a-4358-94d5-5feaba1ea2b0Post:eb331db7-093c-4ad0-b9e0-4467886a453c">Re: I now understand</a>:
    [QUOTE]The fastest way to get out of basic, is to graduate.. I still remember my RDCs telling me that.. I think everyone gets married with someone not there, its just part of life. H's grandparents (and step grandparents) were there, but mine have all passed.. It was sad, but they are my surrogate grandparents I guess. If (God forbid) something happens, you'll know. They will tell you. You might have to choose to leave boot, and come back (that's how it was for me, my Grandma passed while I was at boot), but honestly.. I would stay and finish. I know that my grandma would have rather me finished boot, than to leave, and go back.. She was super proud of me for joining (even though she was convinced I was just doing it to "catch me a husband"..) You'll get through it. I promise.
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]
    I don't think I would leave. <em> </em>I would ask for it to be video taped
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards