Military Brides

Need help with color scheme

my fiance is in the Army and he is planning on wearing his green class A's. Now im not so sure what colors would even remotely go with that, and im pretty sure all his groomsman are in the Army too. Can anyone help us out :)

Re: Need help with color scheme

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_need-help-with-color-scheme?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:f5b3debb-98ce-4953-bf97-3c2cef3ad1f6Post:42d21986-846f-4768-a657-510c8fa8b0bc">Need help with color scheme</a>:
    [QUOTE]my fiance is in the Army and he is planning on wearing his green class A's. Now im not so sure what colors would even remotely go with that, and im pretty sure all his groomsman are in the Army too. Can anyone help us out :)
    Posted by ser21[/QUOTE]
    Any color you want! Don't revolve your color scheme around his uniform, it's neutral so most colors will go. What colors do you WANT for your wedding?<div>We can help you pick out different shades and ideas based off of what you want. </div>
  • we were thinking red and silver but its goin to be a spring wedding so i dont think its very springy but ive always wanted blue
  • light blue with shiny silver possibly?

• i was actually thinking blue and silver :) jus not sure what color of blue

• Has he checked with his unit about the Class A uniform.  Most units have completely switched over.  The Army, as a whole, is not expecting every one to change over until 2014.  However, many units have already issued dates by which their soldiers must have and wear the new ASU.  For instance, my husband's unit must have theirs by end of this year.  My former unit has issued a date in early spring of 2013.  

If his unit hasn't issued a date and he is still able to wear it, any color will be fine.  Uniforms, in general, are considered neutral.  Just pick colors you like.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • he hasnt been told yet that they need to switch. thanks for the help lady's ill post pics of colors we decide on to get ya'lls opinions :)
  • You should try different blues....I've seen that alot lately in weddings. If your having braidsmaids they can all wear a different colors of blue. You can even choose the different blues. And have the silver be the constant color... Just a thought. That's what I'm doing for my wedding. Not blue tho...
  • thats a really good idea! thanks :) now my problem is finding a good dress for my maid of honor who will be 8 months pregnant lol :) thanks for all ur opinions ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards