Military Brides

Results are in (in 3 hours)

The results are in, we find out at 5 (central time) whether FI is in or out. My hands are shaking and my throat is tight. He's at work now, he just texted me to let me know what's up. I need some thoughts and prayers big time. I know that the decision has been made, and nothing can affect that. I'll let you guys know as soon I can, and thanks for being so supportive.

Re: Results are in (in 3 hours)

• calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fingers crossed, and sending good vibes!!!  Just remember no matter what, it'll be okay.  I do have a good feeling for you.

If I may ask, what's the back-up plan?

Anniversary

• kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fingers are crossed too!! I am sending lots of good vibes your FI's way!! 
  • edited December 2011
    Fingers are crossed for you and your FI. T&P's going your way. And just like Cate said, no matter what, everything will be okay.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    T&P and finger's crossed!!! Lots of Good vibes to you friend!!
    Photobucket
  • divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's so weird because it's been drug (dragged?) out so long that we kind of thought we'd have until after Christmas. We were kind of in this holding pattern. The anticipation was one thing when we didn't know, but now it is the devil. :) It's almost worse than him getting booted from a regular job because this isn't just a job, it's a way of life that he really loves.

As far as back-up, the first thing we've talked about is FI going into the Navy, but I know very little about how hard that could be, so that may just be a pipe dream. He's also talked about going into the Reserves and maybe getting some sort of law enforcement training. He'd love to eventually get his Masters in Engineering or Math, so we'll see. I feel okay, I know he's kicked ass on his PT tests, and he has a great degree with a high GPA and his interview went well, so we just wait.
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    T&Ps your way!

I hope and pray everything works out, and I am sure it will, because it just seems like a great week to get good news.
    Photobucket
  • LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thinking about you.

I'm the worst holding pattern girl. Seriously. I am terrible at it so I understand your anxiety.

My H is in the Navy and so far, we like Naval life. If it comes down to that, page me and ask me questions. :-)
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sending good vibes your way!  I don't know the entire story, but I hope it works out the best for you both!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    What is going to be in or out of? The military? Sorry must've missed a post. T&Ps that things go how you hope!
    edited December 2011
    Zim-- He washed out of IFS-He was in the first class of the new structure and it went from relatively easy to insanely difficult with the civilian instructors trying to show that the class wouldn't go all soft. They've calmed down a bit now, but he was in the class that caught the brunt of it, something like 10 of the 13 of the guys in his class as CSOs washed out. So he's been waiting to be re-classed since the end of August. We got engaged right before he left for it (July), with the aim of trying to have our wedding after he finished his flight school, which would have been next October. Which has been put on hold until, well, less than an hour from now.
  • shayNnikshayNnik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fingers crossed and T&Ps coming your way!
    imageimage
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    MUST HAVES: Clothes, Groom
    WISHES: Wedding planner(check!), Honeymoon, Blue Petyl Bouquet
  • melbelle24melbelle24 member
    edited December 2011
    T&Ps and lots of good vibies going your way right now. Just try to remember that no matter what happens, you and your FI are going to be ok and you'll at the very least know what's going on and be able to move from there. 15 minutes until no more holding pattern!
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Ahh!! Thinking about you sooo hard right now!! I hope you get the news you're wanting/needing!! We're here for you no matter what!
    Photobucket
  • IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eeep I'm sort of stressing out about this, hope it's for the best, either way! We're here for you Divine!!!! 
    edited December 2011
    WOOOOOOO!!!!!!

He faked me out by sending me a text saying he was "on his way home" when he had told me that if he was reclassed he was going to buy a video game, so I thought the worst. He came in and I asked if he was okay, and if he needed anything. He then said that he didn't go get his video game because he was "soo PSYCHED" that he's been reclassed. I'll admit I did a little scream and dance. He's now an Operations Research Analyst-which he has explained to me as "the job Neal Patrick Harris did in Starship Troopers."

Thank you all so much. Next up: wedding planning...dun dun duuuun.
  • LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm happy for you guys!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • tyleet87tyleet87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's great news! Congrats!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!
  • shayNnikshayNnik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY!!! SO happy for you and your FI! You should go celebrate at McGuire's, they have reallly good Irish Wakes. Yum.
    imageimage
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    MUST HAVES: Clothes, Groom
    WISHES: Wedding planner(check!), Honeymoon, Blue Petyl Bouquet
  • melbelle24melbelle24 member
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Congrats! Go celebrate!
  • edited December 2011
    Confession: I totally got teary eyed happy for you!!! Yayyy!! I'm so glad everything worked out!!!!
    Photobucket
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooooooh yay!!!!! I rushed on here as soon as I got home to see if there was an update.  I'm so darned happy for you guys! 

So when's the wedding going to be now?  Any ideas?  And what sort of training does he have in store for him now?

Anniversary

• kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!
    I hate Dave Ramsey
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_results-3-hours?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:f72503f8-a1a2-4de9-b9da-b43cff9747b3Post:9749a774-c6d1-41a0-b789-990b907f28b5">Re: Results are in (in 3 hours)</a>:
    [QUOTE]YAY!!! SO happy for you and your FI! <strong>You should go celebrate at McGuire's, </strong>they have reallly good Irish Wakes. Yum.
    Posted by shayNnik[/QUOTE]

Indeed we did. We went with his other friends, all of whom re-classed, yay! Not sure about the training yet and he hasn't been given orders or a base, but I'm pretty sure we'll be here until after Christmas. I'm hoping to start a guest list during the holidays, and once we know where he's going I'll have a better idea of a date. I did start looking at dresses online while he's been on the phone with his fam. So happy!
  • BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow I missed a lot last night! I was getting so nervous as I read each post waiting to get to yours! HOORAY! So excited for you and your FI!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! I'm so happy for you DMB!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    YAY!!! Congrats to your FI!!! That is wonderful. I am glad to see that my H is not the only that tries to fake me out about things. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards