New Mexico

guitarist/violinist in albuquerque

Hi! So I am looking for a guitarist for my ceremony. I heard from my venue that Ambrose Rivera is amazing, however I'm struggling finding his information online. Has anyone used him or been to a wedding where he's played?

Also, I recently heard a CD with a guitar/violin duo and it was beautiful... i know this is a bit of a long shot, but does anyone know of a guitar/violin duo in albuquerque?

I really appreciate any help - I am distance planning from Portland and I just hit the "less than six months away!" mark.

Thanks!

Re: guitarist/violinist in albuquerque

• edited December 2011
    there is soem guy with the last name pimentel that plays at casa de benvidez who is awesome.  I don't have his info but I bet you can google him:)
  • edited December 2011
    Hiring UNM music students is probably an option as well. I haven't seen anything about small ensembles on their website, but you could probably contact the department and ask around.
  • edited December 2011
    I used a harpist from Celebration Sounds here in Albuquerque for my wedding. I believe that they have a number of musicians on their roster who play all sorts of instruments. They were very professional and fairly reasonable in price. The number is (505) 898-9584.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    also check into the flamenco school, they have great guitar students!
  • scullisculli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At a friends wedding Michael Chapdelaine was the guitarist and he was amazing, this was in 07, I am not sure if he still does weddings but you can check here is his website.
    http://www.michaelchapdelaine.com/

Also for Pimentel, I know of a Gustavo who plays wedding, I've heard him a few times, he was very good.  here is his website:
    http://www.gustavopimentel.net/

Good luck!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Ambrose is actually my dads guitar teacher!  he is awesome.  he teaches in the east mountains 

• edited December 2011
    Village guitarist is where you can reach ambrose rivera!
  • edited December 2011
    thank you! i spoke with him today and am really excited for him to play at my ceremony!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards