New Mexico

Las Cruces Vendor Reviews

Hi everyone! There are hardly ever reviews on here, so hopefully mine can help. We did a lot of the stuff ourselves but we did have some great vendors. Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum A+: The site was amazing with a lot of different options whether you want an indoor or outdoor wedding. It rained mid-ceremony and the site staff was amazing at getting everything moved indoors for us and they were on top of everything. Appetizers and dinner were great and got great reviews and the bar was quick and made pretty good drinks. Marci Dickerson, their site coordinator, was great. She met us whenever we needed and gave great advice when we didn't know how to configure something. Action Rentals B: We ordered our rentals for our 80 person rehearsal dinner from them and also some additional chairs for the wedding ceremony. It took us a few tries to get our orders correct and they ended up delivering our chairs 1 day early which came as a surprise to us. Then they came a picked up a day late after we called them to figure out why things had not been picked up. We were able to get it figured out and they did not charge us for the extra days as they realized it was their mistake, but not something you want to deal with the day before and after your wedding. Sam's (for flowers) A: We ordered all our flowers through Sam's online and had them delivered to a friends house. We ordered 300+ calla lillies, 150 roses, and some bunches of greenery and they turned out great. When you first get them shipped, they are dry and sometimes look a little wilted, but once you cut them and get them in some water, they perk right up. We got ours in Friday, and by Saturday morning when we were putting them together, they looked great and were at their peak. I highly recommend them if you are looking for bulk flowers as they were the cheapest we could find. DOC, Roxanne A: Someone else on this board had used her before and I received her information from them. She was amazing and very affordable for what she did. I gave her all the information on how I wanted things set up, we did a walk through on Friday, and she did a great job getting exactly what I wanted across. She also worked under some crazy conditions as it rained 1/2 way through our ceremony and we had to shift our plan to all indoors. She was on top of everything and kept all our vendors on track and checked in with us all night and then did most of our clean up as well. I never felt stressed or worried about things getting done b/c she was doing it all for me. It was one of the best purchases we made. Allure Salon A: I also got this recommendation from another bride on here. I made the appointment for hair and makeup for 6 of us, plus hair for my mom and my grandma and they did great. They got us in and out in the time we needed and did a great job on what the girls wanted. They have a big room so all of us could just hang out and talk and I brought in stuff for mimosas and they didn't mind us 'taking over' that area. I also highly recommend Angie for a massage; my mom and I went in the day before. She charged $55 for an hour and it was one of the best massages I've had. Wedding Xpressions Photography A+: I can't say enough good things about our photographer. He has a few packages to choose from and we chose one that included engagement photo shoot and all day wedding. Our e-pics turned out amazing and so far what I've seen from our wedding are great. He was with us from 9am at the salon to midnight. I didn't want traditional, stand and look at the camera photos and I knew his style would deliver more of what I was looking for and he definitely has delivered. Check out his website: www.weddingxpressions.com/blog. Our teaser pics are probably up there too :) We did a first encounter where we met before the ceremony and took photos and I can not emphasize how much we LOVED this and are so glad we did it. It did not take away from the walk down the aisle for those who think that! We also added his photo booth and it was a hit with our guests - there is one picture in his teasers to give you an idea of how much fun people had with it! We also had mariachis and a private bartender at our rehearsal dinner if anyone is looking for either that were great. We catered from Andales for that, and they were also great to work with. Our bridesmaids luncheon on Friday was at St. Clair and they were very accommodating to our group of 12 and their food and wine was great. Hope those help... I'll update my bio with pro pics once I get them! :)

Re: Las Cruces Vendor Reviews

• edited December 2011
    It sounds like you had a wonderful wedding! Congrats!I'm considering using Sam's for their bulk flowers, but I am a bit hesitant because I had an incident with the Sam's in El Paso last year.I had ordered flowers at a Sam's in El Paso, in person, for my friend's bridal shower and said I would pick them up the day of the shower. I ordered the flowers three weeks in advanced. I had called a week later to change the color of the roses and they had lost my order. When I went to pick up the flowers the day of, I discover they never placed my order! The bride's sister was able to find nice flowers at Albertson's just before the shower.Since you ordered online, I'm assuming it was smoother and didn't have to deal with ordering in person. Anyways, what colors did you order? How were the flowers packaged? Who were the flowers shipped through?Thanks! And Congrats again! 
    My Bio
    omg! we're days away!
    Photobucket
  • kristintianakristintiana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks - it did turn out very good! :) I definitely recommend going online for your purchase. The Las Cruces store did not give me much confidence either and I would have to check 10 days before to make sure the flowers I wanted were on their 'list' that they could order. Since I knew what I wanted, I didn't want to chance it and went online. Here was my exact order that you can cross reference on Sams website: - Green and white 50cm Roses, 125 stems - Mini calla lilly, 150 stems - Hypericum, Green, 100 stems - Calla Lilly, White, (8) 35 stem - Bells of Ireland, Green, 100 stems - Assorted Greenery, 8 bunches They were shipped to the door by FedEx and I'm assuming you must be there on delivery (or maybe they leave them at the door?). My friend was there to receive them when they were delivered about 11:30am. They are in long flower boxes and had plastic around the blooms. We took them out of the boxes, cut the ends, and put them in water about 2 hours after delivery; we left the plastic around the blooms until the next day. We didn't have any fridges, but Farm and Ranch dedicated a room that was air conditioned for our "stuff" so we just put them in there in the big plastic tubs with water and they held up great. I don't have all my photos back yet, but here is one of our centerpieces that you can kind of see. Also on my photographers website are our teasers that you can see the bouquet, boutonnieres, and some of the low pieces we made. If you want more pictures, I can send you more or when I get my pro pics in, send you those as they will probably be better quality of the flowers. [url]http://www.weddingxpressions.com/blog/?p=1360[/url] [img]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h20/kristintiana/Flower1.jpg[/img]
  • edited December 2011
    Your teaser photos are amazing and beautiful! I love black and white photos! My favorites are the one of you and your groom in the rain and the kiss on the bridge. There is something classic about them. I also liked the pirate one-too cute! I wish I would have taken a look at Farm and Ranch, though the majority of my family is in El Paso. I am definitely going to order my flowers from Sam's- online of course. Did you, or someone in your party, make your own centerpeices, bouquets, and other floral arrangments with the Sam's flowers? They look awesome!
    My Bio
    omg! we're days away!
    Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the comments on the photos - we loved them! As far as the flowers, my mom and her girlfriend did it all. They did an amazing job. We had a smaller budget and wanted to have a great photographer and great location, so we made some cuts in other places and did DIY stuff a lot. We also went with some non-traditional things like for instance our unity candle are actually candle holders I had at home and I made tissue paper pomanders instead of real floral ones.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow! That sound so exciting!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful day! I cant wait for my wedding!!I do have a question tho. Your DOC, Roxanne, how much did she charge? If you dont mind me asking.Im kinda thinking of having a DOC, but I'm not to sure. Is it really helpful to have one? Or will I be ok without one?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She asked me first for all my information (guest count, things I needed her help with, etc.) and then priced it out. For my 200 person wedding will all setup done by her and the entire evening DOC duties (~10hrs), she charged $300 which I thought was a steal. She was amazing and I definitely couldn't have done it without her without having to enlist some other people who I didn't want to have to work on my wedding day. I wanted everyone else to enjoy it, so utilizing her was one of the best things we did that day. She not only set up all our reception tables (centerpieces, favors, napkin rings, candles) but she also did our place card, gift, guestbook, cake, and sweetheart tables with everything. She also made sure the ceremony was set up (unity candles, aisle decorations, runner, candles, reserved seating signs) but also worked with the DJ through the ceremony to make sure everything was on cue. Then the entire night she kept everything running smoothly and everyone on time and where they were supposed to be. So for instance, for the cake cutting, she found us and asked if we were ready, made sure the photographer was ready and knew what we were doing, and made sure the DJ had the song ready to go. It was priceless not having to worry about time, or music, or photos. She also helped with the majority of the clean up and stayed until we were done getting everything into the car. And most importantly, when it started raining, she led the effort to get everything indoors and get re-set up before the ceremony was over so we didn't even notice the change in plans when we were done. So.... long story short, you "could" go without one, but there is no way looking back I would have wanted to. She did everything just the way I wanted, and I didn't have to trust or 'hope' that others would help out. Definitely worth my money.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards