Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Candlelight Ceremony....potential complications to consider?

I'm debating having a romantic candlelight ceremony.  What will the photographs and video look like?  Is it as romantic as I'm lead to believe from what I read online?  Anyone out there attended a candlelight ceremony or had one?  Please share your thoughts.

Re: Candlelight Ceremony....potential complications to consider?

• Options
    You need to talk to your photographer and videographer about this and ask about their experience with this.  Ask to see some of their work from a candlelight wedding.
  • Options
    We had a candlelight ceremony.  Our photos are beautiful.  I'll try to scan some to show you.  However, we had a photographer who was very experienced so that made a world of difference, I'm sure.

We did have some lights on, thought not many, and those that were on were dimmed.  The only lights on were right over the altar so that we could be seen more easily.  All told, we had 80+ candles - I can't remember the exact count now.
  • Options
    Another thing to consider... If you are having candles lining the isle, do you have a big dress?  I have literally seen girls catch their dresses on fire from the candles lining the isle.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    If safety is an issue consider battery operated tealights in containers that kind of hide them. They aren't pretty but in the right container you won't even be able to tell the difference between the battery & real candles.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!!  I would love to see some photographs or good photographer recommendations.  I was thinking of having guests blacked out holding candles, while the isle and altar (or just altar once bride/groom at front) are light up brightly.  Thoughts?
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Don't have your guests hold candles.  You're just asking for a major problem.  We had candles lining the aisle and only wedding party used the aisle.  Candles were in hurricane glass type containers on a candelabra, so there was less risk of catching fire as the candles were about 5 feet in the air.  We had 3 sets of candleabras at the altar and candles in all the windows.  Additionally, we had white Christmas lights, which give a great candlelight glow.

I haven't had a chance to scan pics yet and don't anticipate getting a chance until Thursday at the earliest, but I haven't forgotten!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards