New Mexico
Options

It's COLD!!

I'm a FL girl and moved to Las Cruces almost a year ago (FI was BF then - we met online and wanted to continue our relationship). Anyway, this weather is crazy. I have to drive 45 min to get to work (near El Paso - out in the middle of nowhere) and right now all the roads are closed. Of course, the school district I work for doesn't give notice until last minute of closings or delays, so I'm just gonna stay up late and have fun and hope that we're at least delayed, if not canceled tomorrow!

Got any weather stories?

Re: It's COLD!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It is cold. I'm from California but have lived here for years and I'm still not used to it lol  And it seems so crazy to me that we got snow this early in the season.
    Anniversary Cruise Ship - Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Finally heard that school is canceled tomorrow - yay! I used to live in the Mid-west in elementary and middle school and loved the snow, but after I moved south and got a little older, I discovered how much more I love the sunshine and warmth! Not sure if I'll ever get used to the cold again either. Living in FL kinda spoiled me :)-
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Enjoy your day off!! Yeah I heard the public schools were cancelled and the University is on delay. Just wondering if the snow is going to go all night or if it is done.
    Anniversary Cruise Ship - Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've gotten so spoiled! I moved to NM from Chicago 10 years ago. I can't do real winters anymore! Now this is too cold for me.

I loved having the day off for 2 inches of snow. I remember going to school with 3 feet on the ground!
  • Options
    elio23elio23 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work for a private school that goes by the LCPS schedule.  Since LCPS had a snow day on Tuesday, so did we.   I didn't find it completely necessary...but enjoyed it :) Compared to the Santa Fe area...we're totally spoiled!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Hello. I read your post on the boards of  "theknot". I want to contact you personally.  I am a wedding coordinator and planner and I'd like to offer my services. We can meet for a free consultation so we can discuss if you can actually use me You may ask yourself why would you want to add an expense to your wedding. In actuality I can save you money off your budget sometimes saving you more even with my fees.  Please just take a look at my Facebook.com/amomenttoremember101. There we have a contest for a free coordination for a wedding you can register for if anything
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards