New Mexico
Options

Good Idea/Bad Idea - Bride and Groom Cut and Serve the cake?

Hey Y'all, I was wondering the general opinion on this. I won't be offened at the neys, so please speak your mind.

We were thinking of cutting and serving the cake ourselves and using it as an opportunity to greet and thank our guests. Good, bad, otherwise? How does that come off?

Re: Good Idea/Bad Idea - Bride and Groom Cut and Serve the cake?

• Options
    leannsoleannso member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like the idea.  It gives a personal feel.  I think it's a really nice way to greet everyone.
    That's just my opinon:)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Personally, the last thing I'd have wanted to do was cut and serve cake.  Just cutting takes a while and then carrying around those little plates in my heavy dress...no thank you.
    Damn you Nest for screwing up my siggy!

.: Diary of a Recovering Runner :.

Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a good idea if you have 75 or less.  Any more people will take a lot of time and maybe drag out too much.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Serving the cake might be doable if you have a SMALL guest list (otherwise people are going to be waiting for a very long time for their cake, because folks will want to talk to you for a minute or two, and that's going to add up!).  I'd definitely have someone else CUT the cake though (otherwise it will take way too long)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Lovely intention, a nice photo and a nice thought.

Why don't you have a couple of servers stand by, or your moms, etc?
    You can begin the cutting and plating (get practice or at least have some idea how you cut that big cake!) and let them distribute the plates.

If it is a larger cake things can begin to get sort of goopy after a bit.
    That is when you say, "OK, perhpas you can take it from here" to the servers and you go back to "hosting" the party for a bit.

And then you can return to being the Guests of Honor at your wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    def agree maybe if you had less then 50 people as then everyone wants to chit chat and the other people are left waiting may turn into a 3 hours cake cutting
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards