New Mexico

Santa Fe Venues Reviews

I have just finished my tours of 6 venues in Santa Fe.  We looked for places a bit off the beaten path, so I hope it helps those wanting to do the same.

Museum Hill- Beautiful patio for the ceremony that overlooks Monte Sol and Monte Luna.  For larger groups, you can use the space under the Apache Warrior statue.  For smaller groups, you can use the brick circle with the labrynth pattern. You need to rent your own chairs.  The best space for a reception is inside the Folk Art Museum.  There is a nice room that has a spaces for chairs against the walls.  In the center, the floor opens up into the room below and there is a bridge over it.  Attached is a smaller room with beautiful hardwood floors for the dance party.  They have tables and chairs, but you'll probably want different chairs and at least a chair cover.  Lots and lots of decorating opportunities and you can have a gallery open for your guests to go through during cocktail hour. It also has a kids corner with toys and books to keep the little ones occupied.

Hyde Park Lodge- Very cheap option.  The courtyard is GORGEOUS- perfect for the ceremony AND reception.  However, the inside is really dark and grey.  The floor is cement and it smells dank.  It's also really small, so it would be really tough to use it as a plan B in case of rain.  Plus, you can't reserve your space until the second weekend in January and I guess the line is out the door to reserve it!

Bishops Lodge- A very popular choice.  It is really easy- they pretty much do everything for you.  The gazebo is very pretty and has a nice forest backdrop.  It is perfectly set up for the ceremony. The courtyard/cocktail hour space is beautiful and very intimate. The reception center is very large with a fireplace and comes with a dance floor.  The carpet is dark and there aren't many windows. The chairs look super business-y, so you want chair covers. I can attest from other experiences that the food is pretty good.

Encantado- Gorgeous resort.  The outdoor ceremony space has a beautiful backdrop of the mountains.  However, right behind the ceremony space is a very large gas tank.  Your guests can't see it when they are sitting down, but you will as you stand for your vows.  The reception areas are incredible.  The ballroom is very light, with cream/white walls and lots of windows.  The courtyard space is also really pretty.  I don't know what they were thinking with that gas tank though.

El Cielo Estate- Beautiful house with a lot of land.  It has a definite bohemian feel to it.  The gardens offer a beautiful setting for the ceremony and reception. It also has a great area for the kids to play in, a space for pets, and lots of indoor areas (including a pool table and bar).  You have to rent the place for 5 days, which works if you have guests who want to stay there, and doesn't come with anything but the house and the land. 

Hacienda dona Andrea- This is my wedding venue.  It is in the middle of nowhere- about 35 minutes outside Santa Fe near Madrid. The house is GORGEOUS!  Lots of light, amazing decorations, really well cared for.  Very Spanish/southwest feel.  And the patio is insainly pretty- it over looks Santa Fe and the mountains.  The views are incredible.  The Hacienda comes with a staff to set everything up, turn everything over (so you can have your reception outside as well), and tear everything down.  They come with an approved vendor list for caterers, so you get a lot of assistance with that search.  The front patio is perfect for cocktail hour.  This is a really uniques space.  However, be prepared for a higher cost with vendors- its a pain to get to.  And the rentals are a bit higher than usual as well. It may be worth it for you when you see the views!
Two Drifters Off To See The World...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards