New Mexico

Photography costs in Albuquerque

What is the average cost for wedding photographers in the Albuquerque area? I've just started researching it. I'm willing to pay a little more for great quality and service, but I don't want to blow my whole budget on photography either.

Re: Photography costs in Albuquerque

• edited December 2011
    It ranges from about 300-2000, so it depends on what you want, how long you want coverage, what kind of quality you want, what time of year you are getting married, and so on..  Who have you looked at so far?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think 300-2000 is on the low side of the spectrum.  I am paying 2k for Blue Rose and that was the best deal I have found for quality, experienced photographers that includes the data files. I think that most photographers (who are worth a damn) start at 2k and go to about 4k.  Blue rose is nice becuase they don't give you a specific set of time (ie 6 hours) which is nice for the Catholic brides who have ceremonies at 1:30 due to 5pm mass and a night reception.  Good luck!  Our top 5 photographers were: Blue Rose, Dry Heat, Jones Art, Triple 8 and InSight Photo
  • edited December 2011
    I have heard really good things about Natural Touch and they are about 1600 for unlimited time and they give you all the photos. Be careful about Blue Rose, I have heard a lot of bad things about them. Also look for sales, we are getting a package from Kevins for 600, that is usually 1050. GL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Kim Jackson. Her gallery is amazing. She specializes in documentary style photojournalism, so the pictures are not posed. She is all about capturing moments. She gave me an incredible deal too. I'm paying $1800 for a package that's normally about $4000- I just asked her to cut out the albums. I can do those myself! She is giving us the digitals and copyrights. She is amazing!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your suggestions, everyone!

I noticed a lot of you mentioned that your packages were for unlimited time. I assume if we just wanted to hire the photographer for a shorter set time (say 1.5 to 2 hours just for the ceremony and a few pics afterward with the bride/groom/party) , then it would be significantly less expensive? We're currently allowing about $1000 for photos.

As far as who I've looked into already, a couple friends of mine have used Kevin's for their weddings, and I wasn't really thrilled with their pictures. I will definitely check out Natural Touch. Kim Jackson sounds like more my style, but definitely out of my price range.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm commenting to let you know that Blue Rose is really good, but request Terry. I actually know the family, but more so Terry who is the main photographer for BR and he is great at what he does. There is no need to be worried about their work, we just did engagement pictures through him. People are so quick to over exaggerate, especially online.
  • edited December 2011

Yes, Natural Touch did a great job on my best friend's wedding last year.

• edited December 2011
    I heard that someone was going online and putting up false reviews for BR.  Personally, we have had a great experience working with them!  I would warn againt Kevin's.  They totally f-ed my friends' wedding and didn't even offer their money back! And by f-ed up I mean, almost all the pictures were blacked out.  If you need someone for less than $1k I would look into Jody Cooper, she has a good eye!
  • edited December 2011

Yes, I guess it depends on which photographer you use in those companies like Blue Rose and Kevins. I am using Chris Saddler with Kevins and he did great on our engagement photos! Good Luck with whoever you choose! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • zoeandersonzoeanderson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should also check out Jamie at http://www.jamieseye.com

She is professional, affordable and does beautiful work.  She is new to Albuquerque and was running some specials.  
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Kim Jackson--so amazing and willing to tailor her packages to your needs.  I'm payng 2200 for four hours with disc and copyright, and her photos are absolutely to die for.
    August 2011 Board Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration Photobucket My Planning Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I went with Sweet William Photography. Middle of the road price-wise and a cool guy w/ a great portfolio.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Kim Jackson as well... beautiful work and we are spending roughly $1600 for her, her partner, and 3 hours of pics, the nice thing about Kim is she is not only a really great person, but she customizes packages for the budget and the individual! i would email her and let her know your budget and what you're looking for and see what she comes up with... i can't WAIT to have her do our wedding!

her email is: kimdonaldphoto@mac.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards