New Mexico
Options

Day Of Coordinator?

Hi Ladies:

Can anyone recommend a great, inexpensive day-of coordinator? I've done all the work with the vendors, planning, etc. -- just need someone to set things up and see the vision through on the day. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated!! (We're getting married on 7 September in Santa Fe)

TIA!

Re: Day Of Coordinator?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies:

Can anyone recommend a great, inexpensive day-of coordinator? I've done all the work with the vendors, planning, etc. -- just need someone to set things up and see the vision through on the day. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated!! (We're getting married on 7 September in Santa Fe)

TIA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am working with Camilla at Corazon Events.  She is fabulous - so kind and thoughtful and super-organized.  Well worth the price! 
  • Options
    SandiaLizSandiaLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also interested in this, but I have no idea how expensive it would be. If you find out more info could you post the price rannge of day of coordination you find? Or if anyone else knows I would apprecaite it! Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! I sent Camilla a message this morning!

SandiaLiz, her website looks great... http://www.corazonevents.com/about.php. I'll let you know what she says in terms of pricing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also using Camilla at Corazon. So far, things have worked out well. Her pricing structure is a bit different than most vendors, so it could end up being a lot cheaper or a lot more expensive than other consultants depending on how much you use her services.

She is good at what she does, though, and will work with your budget and your ideas.

Good luck and let us know what you decide. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies:

I decided to go with Corazon Events (Camilla). She seems very sweet and things are going well so far.

@ SandiaLiz: We're using her for the day-of and she charges $600 for 11 hours of her time. She also allows 15 minutes free daily for work on your event. Anything after that she charges $12.50 per 15 minutes/$25 per half hour. Basically, she's charging $50 an hour. But as RedHead831 said, if you have a lot done already, she's very fairly priced (at least from what I researched). We really just wanted her to be able to execute our vision on the day...

Good luck with your search!
  • Options
    SandiaLizSandiaLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for letting me know! I would love a Day of Coordinator but I am not sure that is in my budget. It is awesome you got her and won't have to worry!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend Jacque Ferguson from two Divas One Event.  They planned my best friend's wedding when I was the MOH and they did a great job! I am considering using them for our wedding also just depending on what our budget is looking like.  I believe they do the day of for 500.00.  Her number is 505.710.9317.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also using Camilla, she's a rock star, super organized and helpful.  It's funny to see how many other brides are using her services, cause she alsways makes me feel like I'm the only one! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DO NOT scimp on your DOC!!!!

I used Sarah  Nieto from a family affair because she was cheaper, $450 and I had done ALL the planning, down to making pictures of tablescapes and a basket for each table.  The reception was on the roof of the sunrise bank building and the wind picked up and Sarah almost RUINED my reception!  She got into an arguement with the venue manager, did not put out anything, got into an argument with my mom, didn't want to put out the centerpieces, didn't put out the favors, candles, the buffet started late, she didn't use the 2000 cups I bought for the bar and told my mom to get more cups half way through the reception!

I know spending more on a DOC is a hard pill to swallowm but I will die always regretting using the cheaper person.  It caused me and my poor parents so much stress on such a happy day and we can't get that back.  Oh, and she lost/someone stole my Christian Loubitan shoes.  So it cost a lot more in the long run.

If you can't afford someone that is good with stress, use a family member or friend becuase you can't get the day back. 

Congrats and good luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards