New Mexico
Options

Wedding attire

Re: Wedding attire

• Options
    kaylaefrankkaylaefrank member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Black is actually a very classy color, and is very sophosicated and professional, in my opinion its a great idea. It will make them stand out and look very nice. Black you would think would be worn to a funeral, but it can also be used for tons of things, almost everything i own is black. What are your colors? Black could compliment them very nicely. This way they dont go out and buy something hideous and you freak out the day of the wedding. Just think your new mother in law could wear white like from Monster~in~Law! LOL Do what you think is right. Its your wedding and your day NO ONE ELSES!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know what u mean. lol they would stand out but the wouldn't look hideous, huh again its yours day stay calm we or i am here to help whenever you need it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's kind of weird for them to wear the same color in general.  Why wouldn't you let them wear what they want? I have no idea what fmil is wearing but my mom is wearing cream/ivory
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Why does your FMIL have a say in what any other family member is wearing? They are all adults who can choose whatever color they feel comfortable in. If she wants to wear black though, let it go. By trying to control every little detail of one day, you will make yourself crazy.
  • Options
    pennylppennylp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, black is classy, but not at a wedding - unless the bride is having a "black and white" wedding. Are they the wedding party? If not, I agreewith PP they do not need to be all wearing the same thing.
    If a bunch of ladies showed up in black to my wedding I would think they were mourning.
    It's your wedding, your day - you do have some say, but it is ultimately up to each person to decide what they will wear.
    Some times the right guy does come aroud twice!******** checkoutmybio Wedding Countdown Ticker image 120 Invited!
    image 83 Are coming to share our joy!
    image 37 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are Driving me crazy by not retruning that postage paid card! We called on the due date and pestered for answers!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So "don't be a boss."  I honestly don't understand what the big deal is.  She wants to wear a specific color and suggested having a few others associated with the wedding do the same.  Is it really THAT big a deal to you?  I have a feeling that being a "boss" is exactly what you're trying to do, and FFS, if you can't relax over a dress color, I'd be a little concerned about the real tough stuff that life is going to throw your way.

I'm just dying over the thought that black isn't classy for a wedding.  I'm supposing that you also put away all your white clothes since we're past Labor Day now too....
    Damn you Nest for screwing up my siggy!

.: Diary of a Recovering Runner :.

Vacation
  • Options
    pennylppennylp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do put my white shoes away after Labor Day - I might be a lot older that most of the ladies here, but unless it is a formal, evening wedding DON'T WEAR BLACK. It just is not done in a proper wedding - would you be offended if some one wore white to your wedding?
    Some times the right guy does come aroud twice!******** checkoutmybio Wedding Countdown Ticker image 120 Invited!
    image 83 Are coming to share our joy!
    image 37 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are Driving me crazy by not retruning that postage paid card! We called on the due date and pestered for answers!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am having ablack and white wedding so my MOH, bridesmaids, and mother are wearing black but they are fun cute dresses!!!! my mom is really uncomfortable with the color but she understands its my colors
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having a hard time understanding what the big deal is with Black? Why is it such a fopaw?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-mexico_wearing-black-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:130Discussion:a213c7f4-8fe9-4cb1-8374-a6624efe5c8dPost:5cc9d4c2-e2aa-492a-8d9f-b5bcb7f35c84">Re: Your wearing BLACK to my wedding?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do put my white shoes away after Labor Day - I might be a lot older that most of the ladies here, but unless it is a formal, evening wedding DON'T WEAR BLACK. It just is not done in a proper wedding - would you be offended if some one wore white to your wedding?
    Posted by pennylp[/QUOTE]

<div>Actually, a couple of girls, one who was 20 and another who was 24, wore white to my wedding...I had no clue until I was looking through the pictures later and another friend commented on it.  I was not at all offended...they were pretty dresses and the girls looked beautiful.  I couldn't even begin to tell you how many women wore black dresses - or how many times I've put on a black dress for a wedding.  Actually, I can't even tell you the last time I wore black to a funeral...I think I did purple for my own grandmother's.  Sorry, but the old "color rules" are outdated and not followed by most people anymore.</div><div>
    </div><div>I stand by my original thought on this whole post - if you are so concerned over the color your guests are wearing, you have bigger problems than I can help you with on a message board.</div>
    Damn you Nest for screwing up my siggy!

.: Diary of a Recovering Runner :.

Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ALRIGHT DUFFINGER! I posted this NOT because I AM or WANT to be a BOSS but for comments and opinions and I seriously DO NOT APPRECIATE your attitude towards my post! IF you dont like it, dont argue and DONT POST!!!

JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT PPL THOUGHT ABOUT THE IDEA!! and obviously you KNOW IT ALL and are a very sour rude person! Please do not blog back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards