New Mexico

Seamstress/Alterations in Albuquerque

Hi Ladies,

I purchased a St. Patrick Elvira Dress which I absolutely adore.  The dress does have a cathedral train and I would love to bustle it if possible or shorten the train.  
When I bought the dress (in El Paso), I was told that I would be able to bustle it.  The problem is that none of the companies in my town will even touch the train.  So, do any of you know of an alterations company in Albuquerque that does excellent work and has the facilities to make such alterations?

Or should I just purchase a second dress for the reception (really don't want to do this)?  This seams really wasteful but I would be able to dance.

Thanks for your help.

Re: Seamstress/Alterations in Albuquerque

• edited December 2011
    I don't know what their abilities with wedding dresses are but I have taken every dress I have worn to be altered to Kim's Alterations in the Mountain Run Shopping Center.  But I think it would be cheaper to drive down to El Paso to have the original place put the bustle on it than buy a new dress
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there,

Christine's Bridal in Santa Fe sells San Patrick gowns and does their alterations in-house:
    I would imagine they've handled this type of alterations in the past.  They did a beautiful job altering a bridesmaid's dress I bought there.

Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    If you decide to stay in town, Final Stitch is the place to go for alterations. Their couture tailors are  out of this world!  www.final-stitch.com

GOOD LUCK  Laughing
    "My husband says I feed him like he's a god: every meal is a burnt offering." ~Rhonda Hansome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards