New Mexico
Options

Need Bridesmaid Dress Help

I know the bridesmaid dresses should compliment the wedding dress.  But what does that really mean?  I've heard that the neck line should be the same as the wedding dress, but I've heard the opposite too.  I'm not sure what would compliment the dress I've chosen for myself.  It is lace, sweetheart neckline, a-line, and has beading.

I found a bridesmaid dress I like, but I really don't think it compliments my dress at all.  Help!

Re: Need Bridesmaid Dress Help

• Options
    Caraydo84Caraydo84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i say do whatever!!!

i chose dresses that are a completely different material, shape neckline.. the only thing that is similar about the dresses and my dress is that both skirts are A line... sometime you need to stand out.. and it's all totally up to you.. there are no longer any hard and fast rules of weddings.
    November '10 SC: Favorite Fictional Coupleimagemy BIO updated 10/20/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tvroybaltvroybal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine compliment but are different.  I found one detail I love about my dress, bows, and ran with it with my WP.  So there is one unifying factor but things still look different.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had each girl pick her own dress - I just gave them a color and fabric so they'd at least match that way.  I figured that I'm not the one wearing the dress, so I had no business forcing them into something they'd hate.  My sister is getting married in July and has done the same thing (but she didn't pick a fabric).  The pics looked fabulous and all the girls were happy.  FWIW, only one girl picked a dress that had anything in common with mine.  The other 4 were totally different.
    Damn you Nest for screwing up my siggy!

.: Diary of a Recovering Runner :.

Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hi! I'm Duffinger's sister with the BMs dresses being different. Same color - black but are super different. One has a V neck which is way lower than my sweetheart neckline. I figured if the girls are happy and feel comfortable, then we all will!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards