New Mexico
Options

How far in advance to go wedding dress shopping?

Hi ladies!

This might seem stupid, but I am trying to lose 60 pounds before I go wedding dress shopping. Thankfully, I lose weight fast if I exercise everyday (ugh), so I can lose it by July for sure. My wedding is in September, but people are telling me this is not enough time to get a dress done. Is that right? Or should I go before I lose all the weight and have it altered later?

Thanks for the help!

I am getting so excited. We just put our deposit down on our first vendor - Moving Sky videography. It's getting more real!

Re: How far in advance to go wedding dress shopping?

• Options
    AFChic00AFChic00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have to order your dress, it can sometimes take 12 weeks to come in and then you will need time for alternation so you want to give yourself plenty of time.  I would recommend not waiting any later than mid March to get your dress ordered.  Depending on the style of your dress will depend on how easy it will be to alter.  I have heard that it is recommend to buy your dress in your current size instead of a smaller size then stressing yourself out to drop the weight.    I hope this helps Smile
  • Options
    jesunm2008jesunm2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Order it sooner than later and just get it altered... I ordered mine last September and it will be here in March and I have been loosing weight, I will need to get it altered.
  • Options
    Caraydo84Caraydo84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm getting married in nov, and the advice given to me was if i waited to order till after wedding season (jan thru june) then i might end up paying extra for faster shipping, but that fee might still be less than alterations fees. I went ahead and ordered my dress now since i don't normally fluctuate in size and don't intend to lose a lot before the big day. but since it is wedding season they said my dress probably won't come in till june by standard shipping (and time to make the dress etc.)
    November '10 SC: Favorite Fictional Coupleimagemy BIO updated 10/20/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards