New Mexico

Vendor Reviews-Las Cruces

Vendor Reviews for Las Cruces, NM.  Wedding was April 21, 2012.

Shayna-The Spa Downtown-A
575-647-4987

Shayna at the Spa Downtown did a wonderful job on my mom’s and my makeup for the big day. We met a few weeks to discuss what I wanted (I took sample pics) and we did a mini-session to test colors, etc.  My makeup was beautiful all day for the wedding and looked great for photos inside and outdoors. I definitely recommend her!

Barb’s Flowerland-A+ 
(575-525-1850)

Barb at Barb’s Flowerland did an amazing job on all the flowers! She did pew decorations for the church, centerpieces for the reception, bouquets, corsages/boutonnieres for the bridal party.

She showed up early to the church and pinned every boutonniere and corsage on everyone that needed one. My bouquet and the matron of honor’s bouquet were gorgeous!  The pew decorations and centerpieces were amazing.

Barb has always been wonderful with flowers for any occasion, we will not go with anyone else! She’s the best in Las Cruces!

Let Them Eat Cake-A+
575-649-8965

Stephanie was absolutely fantastic during the whole planning process. We took in our ideas for our cake and let her natural creativity fly! The cake was absolutely delicious and we received a ton of compliments!

Lorenzo’s De Mesilla-A+
575-496-6329

Peggy at Lorenzo’s was fantastic and very patient with us during the planning process!  We booked about a year before the date, and she helped with menu options and linens. Her team did a wonderful job of setting up along with our vendors for our receptions. We didn’t have to do a thing!!! Food was extremely yummy, and we had a ton of compliments.

Element OP Productions (DJ)-A+
575-571-5102

Henry was wonderful! We met before to discuss the schedule and wants/don’t wants for our music at the reception. He brought all of his own equipment and made arrangements with Peggy for setup.  He stuck with the kind of music we wanted for our reception and everyone had a blast!

Gonzales Photography-B-
575-313-1382

Ryan from Gonzales Photography completely won us over when we first met with him, about 14 months before the date. We loved his presentation, his artistic touches with photos, and we all just seemed to click. After we booked him, he did a total do-over of his business and to be honest he ended up completely out of our budget, but he honored the contract we had originally signed up with. As the planning process continued we noticed a little bit of change in his follow-through with us as customers which has made things more difficult and has certainly disappointed us.

The pictures he did take on our wedding day were beautiful; I just wish I had been more specific about what I wanted. We had a more intimate wedding with only 60 people (mostly family and a few friends) and I would have loved more pics of everyone who was there to share in our special day. Most of the reception wasn’t covered because he wanted to get our formals, etc. Also, there were a few pics that I would have loved to get, but he never did; so I am rather disappointed with that.

Overall Ryan is a fantastic photographer, just be sure you let him know what you are expecting and the things that you want the most when you meet with him. I’ve noticed that with him building his portfolio right now, he’s very much into what He wants to get not what I wanted to get.

Gonzales Videography-A
575-313-1382

Sam with Gonzales Photography’s Videography did a fantastic job. He was there for our rehearsal and began taping from there. He got amazing shots for our video that he did an amazing job editing into a wedding highlights video. We’re still waiting to get our DVDs with the more intimate interviews and well wishes but I am really looking forward to what he put together.

Renee’s Bridal-F

The worst part of the entire wedding planning had to be the dress, which is Not what I was I was hoping for. I was incredibly disappointed with the service at Renee’s bridal. I ordered a gorgeous gown from Casablanca bridal with customizations. It was supposed to be delivered in January 2012, and it did not come until mid-March. Once it was in, there were a few things that needed attention such as lace that was not fully attached to the gown; trimming of the edging (looked like caterpillar legs) and so forth.  They said they would take care of those things, and I scheduled to pick up my dress the day before the wedding.   When I picked up the dress, Renee’s had done a very sloppy job of trimming the edging.  My mom and I were cleaning it up the morning of the wedding. My mom also had to sew on the lace that was not attached since Renee’s did not follow through with that.

The petticoat they said I had to use (since that’s what I was measured with) was dirty, ripped, and the string to tie did not fit! 

The dress from the maker was absolutely gorgeous, it’s the follow up service from Renee’s that I am incredibly disappointed with. All I can say is Thank God I will not need to use them again. So all future brides, beware of Renee’s!

If you need more info on the vendors we used, please feel free to message me.  Thanks!

Re: Vendor Reviews-Las Cruces

• edited June 2012
    Thanks for sharing. We don't get a lot of reviews for Cruces. Although we are using completely different vendors from you I know it will be helpful to other brides in our area.  My wedding is in ten days - most of my vendors are from Cruces but our wedding will be in Sunland Park. 
    Congratulations on your marriage!!!
    Anniversary Cruise Ship - Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Congratulations! I just got married in Cruces on June 9th - will post vendor reviews later. I visited Renee's Bridal once to look at shoe options and was very disappointed by their lack of display items and lack of help that was offered. I quickly walked out and never looked back - so glad I didn't order anything from there! I got everything from David's Bridal in El Paso - it was totally worth the drive! Glad your mom was able to help you at the last minute, though.
  • I wasn't really happy with Renee's Bridal; but I'm glad you liked Let Them Eat Cake!  We are meeting with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards