New Mexico
Options

Casa Esencia

I know this is Hotel ABQ's new event venue, and I actually went there a couple weeks ago on a Friday night. I thought it was absolutely beatiful however, I am concerned about having a reception there because of how choppy the rooms are. I was wondering if anyone knew of a wedding that may have already been held there and their opinion on whether or not the room set up was a challenge. Also, for anyone that may have been to this venue, what did you think of it?
Anniversary

Re: Casa Esencia

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it!

If I had more time I would have my reception there!

Depending on how many people, I think the only concern I would have is just the location of the food and drinks. You dont want one are to be super crowded.

Best wishes,

Pam
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for your reply! I know it's beautiful, but I'm still not sold on the practicality! I want something super unique, I was also thinking about the Sunrise Bank Building- but the weather here is so unpredictable!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    romchromch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We dj'd a wedding there recently and have to say it went really well. This was our first event there and I too was wondering how it would all work out. The main room (right next to the bar) was where we setup our dj equipment. This room was where all the formalities took place. We were hooked up to the house system, so you could hear music through out all of the casa. You could also hear our announcements. They did not have a real formal dinner, but had food station through out all the different rooms. This seemed to work out nicely, as people could walk all around the house and try different entrees and finger foods.  All in all, the night went really well and I didn't really see the "choppiness" that I thought might be experienced due to the layout of the place. I'd say go for it, but have a good plan about how you would like your events to be ran through out the night. This particular bride had a very good layout and the vision with food through out the casa was excellent. Whew... sorry for the long post and good luck with your event! You can see some of her event pics here: http://www.cutmastermusic.com/galleries/weddings/oestreicher-wedding/

Chris
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards