New Mexico

Live Ceremony Music

Hi Gals,

Hope your wedding planning is going well :) I'm looking for a couple violinsts (or violin/violoa, violin/harp) for hire for my wedding ceremony in Albuquerque. If anyone has any suggests please help!

Thanks!

Re: Live Ceremony Music

• edited December 2011
    You might be able to hire students from the UNM school of music. I'm not sure who to contact though. I'm actually curious about this myself!
  • edited December 2011
    So, after a quick seach on google, I came up with a couple quartet groups. Looks like a quartet runs around 500$ whereas a duo runs about $300 (includes entire wedding, about an hour, plus your rehersal).

The Giovanni String Quartet (they were nice but out of my pricerange)
    Empire Stings Quartet (I chose them, they are super quick to respond to email)

Chose a duo of violin and cello. If you do end up contacting Emire, they play a lot more than what they have listed on their website!

Also... I thought about UNM students, teachers. etc., but the idea of trying to track them down seemed more trouble then it was worth. Maybe Craigslist?

• edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Carousel of Music and Jim Gross the owner.   He was amazing at my daughter's wedding.   Very talented and he has different musicians that work with him.   Many of our guests complimented the couple on the music at their wedding.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards