Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Much crying during ceremony??

Hey,
I am normally quite emotional, and the thought of being up in front of everyone that matters to me, and bawling my eyes out just worries me. How much did you all cry/ or anticipate crying during your ceremony? 

Re: Much crying during ceremony??

• Options
    I thought I would cry a lot but didn't during the actual ceremony. I did cry right beforehand when my videographer asked me to give a video message to H. I also bawled my eyes out at the reception during my dad's toast to us. That'll get me every time.

It is OK to cry though during the ceremony. It is a very emotional time; it's natural. Have some tissues up there with you (maybe FI can have some in his pocket) and if you need to take a minute to compose yourself before continuing with the vows,, that's perfectly fine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    I tend to get emotional sometimes, though I usually manage to stay composed in front of people.   I would recommend trying to visualize yourself at your wedding -- play the music you will play, think through the vows, etc.  You might be able to "desensitize" yourself somewhat.  Gosh, that sounds bad -- I just mean that by practicing in your mind, you might be able to get past the emotions before the actual day.   Also, I think for people who are prone to nerves or stage fright, the anticipation is usually worse than the actual event.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_much-crying-during-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:b4e7b377-d019-48bf-8404-6c35f1a655faPost:b892e500-effa-4c92-ae93-b347fd58f322">Re:Much crying during ceremony??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't cry at all, and I figured I would. Honestly, when you're up there, you don't even notice the guests sitting out there, so even if you do cry, don't worry about it.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto this! I would bawl just thinking about my dad walking me down the aisle, and on the day of, I got a little teary eyed right before hand, but once I walked in and all eyes were on my, it all went away and I was just happy. In face I ended up giggling through a lot of the ceremony. :)</div><div>
    </div><div>And I just recently watched our video, and apparently there were birds chirping and one of the kids made a fuss for a bit, and I did not notice one bit. Everyone else really does fade away and it's just you, your H and the officiant.</div>
  • Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I was determined not to cry.  Determined.  I succeeded somewhat, but I traded tears for a runny nose.  I got to the front, turned to my MOH and said "I need a tissue!!"  My mother in law gave me and I sniffed/wiped my nose the entire rest of the ceremony.  Blargh.
  • Options
     I image lots of tears, but hopefully there aren't too many. I know I will cry a bit right before/during the walk down the isle. And Its guaranteed I'll cry during his vows. 
    ** I don't believe that old cliche that good things come to those who wait. I think good things come to those who want something so bad they can't sit still **
  • Options
    I was pretty good for the ceremony.  We did a first look (which we loved) and that helped with letting some of the emotions go in private beforehand.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Thank you all for your input. I think the visualizing/desensitizing/practising out loud and first look would be really helpful in fighting the tears. It's too bad that SO refuses to doa first look. He wants it as traditional as you get!

Happy Friday!!

My kitty Banana; the whiskey sherpa
  • Options
    adfoster77adfoster77 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_much-crying-during-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:b4e7b377-d019-48bf-8404-6c35f1a655faPost:c98ec5e1-3948-432b-be01-02793ed80ee6">Re: Much crying during ceremony??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't cry at all, I'm not a big crier. A friend bawled at her wedding. She was so choked up she could barely say her vows, at which point she turned to the guests and apologized. It was about the cutest thing I have ever seen. She had a pretty white hankie and tied two long ribbons around it in her wedding color. It was a very pretty way of dealing with the snot and tears. But seriously, no one minded, everyone that knows her knows she wears her emotions on her sleeve, and it was really very sweet. If you want to cry, go for it, it's your party, just bring a pretty hankie.
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]

Oh my god! This is my biggest fear!! I can just picture myself totally blubbering - ugly cry style. Ugh!

Obviously, it can be really sweet to see <em>others</em> do it, I just don't want it to be me!

Pretty hankey - good tip! I'll have to remember that one. Thanks!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_much-crying-during-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:b4e7b377-d019-48bf-8404-6c35f1a655faPost:23a8384d-a273-456a-9910-0418ca6e184f">Re: Much crying during ceremony??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you all for your input. I think the visualizing/desensitizing/practising out loud and first look would be really helpful in fighting the tears.<strong> It's too bad that SO refuses to doa first look. He wants it as traditional as you get!</strong> Happy Friday!! My kitty Banana; the whiskey sherpa
    Posted by adfoster77[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I wanted a first look too, but FI refuses as well. I can't complain though, I love the fact that he is a traditional kinda guy.</div><div>
    </div><div>I KNOW that I will cry during the vows...I think about spending the rest of my life with this man and my heart just fills with joy.</div>
  • Options
    I had my husband carry a cute hanky to give to me assuming I was going to cry. He ended up handing it to my MOH (she had never been to a wedding before) because she cried the whole time!  I cried for like 30 seconds when we were almost finished getting ready and my mom told me we couldn't get married on the beach during the lull in the rain (I hadn't been outside in awhile and it was like 30mph wind and still very wet, so good call on her part!). 
  • Options
    <div>I am going to cry alot I cry at weddings when I dont even know the people...So i know I am going to be bawling I am doing light makeup and make sure its water proof!</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_much-crying-during-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:b4e7b377-d019-48bf-8404-6c35f1a655faPost:73b127c4-cba2-47f8-9d59-4cda9ea9e51c">Much crying during ceremony??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey, I am normally quite emotional, and the thought of being up in front of everyone that matters to me, and bawling my eyes out just worries me. How much did you all cry/ or anticipate crying during your ceremony? 
    Posted by adfoster77[/QUOTE]
  • Options
     I know there will be a lot of crying for me the day of. I wear my heart and emotions on my sleeve and just thinking about my FI and spending the rest of our lives together I tear up. My FI is quit the emotional guy too, he is also a big guy at 6'7" and about 280lbs so since we are getting married in August I have bought him a hand towel and I plan on embroidering it with a cute little saying. It will be his present from me while we are getting ready!!! I'm not to worried about the tears more worried about not ugly crying and messing up the make-up!!!!
    ONE LUCKY GIRL!!
  • Options
    I didn't, but H and I aren't super emotional people.  I think in the moment it was just so surreal that it was really happening that I would have been too stunned  to cry anyways, if I was a "crier".  And like PP said, you really don't notice everyone there in the room with you (as weird as that sounds).  Our florist provided hankies to wrap around our bouquet stems - if you are worried you are going to, that's where I might carry one =]
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    I love the idea of making sure FI has a handkerchief on him. I just put that on my last-minute to do list!
    Lizzie
  • Options
    Haha! Good one, CMGr. That's a  real rason to cry!
  • Options
    That is a huge fear of mine too!  I know my mom is going to be crying, but I definitely don't want to avoid looking at her because that is just a HORRIBLE thing to do!  I guess I was just thinking waterproof mascara and really good undereye concealer!  Those of you who suggested pretty hankies?  Great idea!!  I had it in my head that I would need a bunch of Puffs Plus lying around - not quite as attractive!  Anyway - I am with you all the way!!
  • Options
    I hope I won't cry on my wedding, I want my wedding full of laughters,   and I also want sth touchful that will make me cry,what a contradiction
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards