Vermont
Options

Lake Monster Tix (HM related)

Hi! I'm a bride from the Atlanta area who will be honeymooning in Vermont. I tried to purchase Lake Monsters tickets online, but it says I need a special code. Does anyone know the code? Or is it silly to purchase tickets ahead of time because they are always available? Or is it really hard to get tickets?
Thanks!
PS Any other honeymoon suggestions would be gladly accepted.

Re: Lake Monster Tix (HM related)

• Options
    Mango9Mango9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lake Monster tickets are not hard to come by at all.  We usually just go the day of.  Plus they are usually pretty cheap too, like 8 bucks or so.  I would wait to buy tickets only because of weather in VT (it would suck on a rainy day, but in fairness its not like you are out a lot of money in that case).

What do you like to do??  There are tons of fun things to do around here, just depends what your type of fun is??  Where in VT are you staying?

• Options
    dombygatenbydombygatenby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ticket advice. I was hoping that we could get them the day of, but didn't want to wait and then be bummed out that they were sold out. We're staying for two nights in Burlington and 4 nights in Bolton Valley. We want to go hiking, go the Ben and Jerry's factory and go to the Sherborn Museum. And relax and sleep and destress. Are there are favorite restaurants? Best hikes you would recommend?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Mango9Mango9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Burlington is great in the summer!!  I love having lunch on Church street and just people watching.  The waterfront in Burlington is great for a picnic on the lake.  If you are in Burlington on a Wednesday you have to stop by RiRa's or The Scuffer for half off burgers! (Plus they both have outside seating so its awesome on a nice day).  
    Ben and Jerry's is near Bolton so thats nice.  If you are looking for a nice dinner I highly suggest The Hen of the Wood at the Grist mill, or The Kitchen Table Bistro.  They are both really good for a special dinner! 
    I also love the alchemist in Waterbury, they brew all there own beer! If you like beer its a great place to stop.

I am not a huge hiker but a lot of my friends are.  They like camel's hump, Mt Hunger, Mt Philo (pretty easy hike).  

I am a huge fan of swimming holes in VT in the summer they are awesome!!  If you are staying at the resort at Bolton, the Bolton potholes are just down the road.  Just stay away from Huntington gorge...  It can be a very dangerous place and is usually pretty crowded.

Hope this helps out a little bit!  If you have any questions feel free to ask away!!!

• Options
    dombygatenbydombygatenby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! That's all so helpful. I was just looking at those menus. Yum!
    Thanks! If you're ever coming to Atlanta, let me know and I'll tell you about my favorite places.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Mango9...Burlington is awesome. RiRa's and the Scuffer are two of my faves also. I would also recommend the Farmhouse Tap and Grill. If you are looking for hiking in the Burlington Area, My. Philo is a nice hike. The view from the top is amazing and they chairs and places to sit and chill. It is in Charlotte, VT just south of Burlington off Route 7.
    The Alchemist in Waterbury is really good...so is The Shed in Stowe. 
    When I am in the Bolton Valley area I also like to stop at the Cold Hollow Cider Mill in Waterbury Center.
    Enjoy your trip up here!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with all the Vermonters- you're going to love it and have a great time!

FH and I fell in love with "Our House" in Winooski. They focus on "comfort food with a twist" and their Lobster Mac & Cheese, Chicken Pot Pie, and Fish Tacos are out of this world! It's a quick 5 minute drive from Burlington (and about a minute from the Lake Monster's stadium), and well worth it. www.ourhousebistro.com.

Church Street and Waterfront Park in Burlington are both great spots to stroll around and take in the sights. ECHO aquarium on the waterfront is where we're getting married- it's fun and a very hands on way of learning about Vermont.
    Also, check out American Flatbread (and Zero Gravity Brewery) located on St. Paul street in Burlington. Amazing flatbread, amazing beer, and always a great time!

If either of you like beer, you're in luck. There are tons of breweries and wineries surrounding Burlington. Be sure to check out Magic Hat brewery in South Burlington- it's quirky and fun. My favorite winery is in Charlotte (http://www.charlottevillagewinery.com/). lt's worth the trip! Make sure you try their blueberry wine if you make it- you won't be disappointed!

Waterbury is an adorable little town, has great places to eat, and is where Ben & Jerry's is located . I'd recommend The Alchemist, as they brew their beer in the basement. Right up the street, there is a pub called The Reservoir has great atmosphere, food, and a friendly late night crowd. Often times we grab a beer at the Alchemist then food at the Reservior. And if you're adventuring that way, I'd recommend taking the drive to Stowe. www.stowe.com -Complete resort town in the winter, but has a little bit of everything in the summer. Their website is extremely informative, and they will send you a visitors guide if you request one. I'd recommend a day trip to the town, and a stop by the History of Skiing Museum if you're interested. If you're looking for more "adventure", Sugarbush has a zip line and other adventures in the summer, too.

I could go on (and on, and on). If you're looking for any more recommendations just let me know! FI and I love it here! Best of luck :o)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards