Vermont

Hotel

Hi ladies,

We'll have our wedding at The Essex this August but since I'm not familiar with VT I have no idea which hotels are good for my guests. Any suggestions on which hotels are good and affordable around Essex Jct area?

TIA!

Re: Hotel

• edited December 2011
    um... The Essex has hotel rooms, does it not?  I guess you're not interested in those...  The only chain I know close by is a place a mile out from the airport... it's called Town Place suites or something.  It's on the main drag. 

Other than that... it's pretty much Burlington for large hotels.  FWIW, I'm getting married in Essex Junction and will be renting a bus to shuttle people from the venue to hotels in Burlington most likely.
  • edited December 2011

woah, I just googled the Essex and holy moley it's expensive... that's probably why you're not interested in there :)

• ashkate5ashkate5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Essex in July. We blocked rooms at the Essex and at the 2 Marriotts in Williston (Courtyard and Residence Inn) which is about 7 miles. We are going to provide a bus for the wedding to transport guests.
  • ashkate5ashkate5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I should have put the prices, the Essex gave us a rate of $189, the Courtyard is $139 and Residence Inn is $159. I have stayed at the Residence Inn and the Courtyard, they are good clean hotels.
  • NatalieJeanneNatalieJeanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

I used to work at the Doubletree Hotel in S. Burlington.  Their staff is amazing, they have great rooms and if you talk to the Sales team (Merrilee, Sarah and Jen) they will set you up with a discounted room block.  I highly recommend it! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards