Vermont
Options

Edson Hill Manor Review?

My FI and I are looking at a couple venues in Stowe, and visited Edson Hill.  Gorgeous, but read some snarky reviews on tripadvisor.  anyone here been to a wedding there/planning one there/heard anything about it?  any help would be appreciated!
many thanks!  :)

Re: Edson Hill Manor Review?

• Options
    VTBride31VTBride31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wanted to bring this one back to light, as I'm getting married here in August and am wondering what to look out for as it gets closer.  Anyone have any Edson Hill Manor experiences to report??
  • Options
    jlynne710jlynne710 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my, I'm actually looking there too... I haven't seen anything but my parents have been out to dinner there with friends and had only good things to say.  I hope youre day is everything you want it to be and nothing goes wrong!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I got married at Edson Hill Manor this past August and it was absolutely beautiful. My husband and I have spent lots of time in Stowe so we are very familiar with the alternatives in the area. Edson Hill was nice because of the privacy. All the other locations in the area would not be exclusive unless you rented them in their entirety. It felt like we had the place to ourselves all weekend. A majority of our guests stayed at the Manor. They were all impressed with grounds, staff, decor and the food was excellent. I would suggest that you make sure you have enough out of towners to book all the rooms.
    Billy was all business and a little rough around the edges but he handled everything perfectly. He's been doing weddings for years so you can definitely trust him. The staff were all very helpful as well. I had Billy's wife, Juliet, do my flowers and she did a wonderful job.
    It was also nice that we were able to continue the festivities well into the evening. Our band had to stop at 10pm, but we all continued to celebrate well after that. The other locations we looked at required us to vacate the reception by a certain time.
    Overall we were very happy with our decision to get married at Edson Hill.

-Good Luck

• Options
    kstoboskstobos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Edson Hill Manor last summer, and my friends are still talking about the location and the food!  Billy is very professional and knows what he is doing.  He is totally transparent about the costs, which is a definite plus for wedding planning!  If you want a "plug-and-play" wedding, he has everything ready to go for you...just pick from a list;  for us, he was also very flexible about accommodating our different cultural requests that went outside of standard weddings.  We liked that this location, unlike others, had a nice balance of things that are provided but not required.  Some locations require a minimum food purchase or limited menu selections, but Edson Hill was really great about just charging for what they provided and allowing us to bring in our own decorations, flowers, etc. if they didn't have what we wanted.  They even let us bring our decorations in ahead of time so that we did not have to worry about it the day of the wedding!  Also, the food is delicious!  Seriously...my friends are still talking about the glazed carrots and our wedding cake!

For flowers, I cannot recommend Billy's wife.  She was really bad at staying in contact...to the point that I had to call her the night before the wedding just to make sure that I would have a bouquet!  At that point, she told me that she wasn't able to find all of the flowers I had requested, so she had made substitutions.  Had I known that would be the case, I would have found another florist, but being the night before the wedding, I just had to go with it.  It was a pretty bouquet, but not what I had requested (and I had even sent her pictures of exactly what I wanted).  

Good luck with your wedding planning!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards