Vermont

Chester, VT

Hi everyone! I am having my wedding there in Sept 2012. Does anyone have recs for a hair stylist that could come to my venue to fix my hair? We are staying/ getting married at the Williams River House in Chester, VT.

Also, we plan to be staying in VT after the wedding weekend. Does anyone have any must sees for the VT/NH area that we must do? This will be our little honeymoon and first time to the area.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Chester, VT

• Quechee Gorge is a little but away from there but it would be really pretty in September. I am not familiar with the Chester area so I can't recommend any hairstylists. Sorry.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow that looks beautiful! Thanks for the suggestion. I definitely want to go there. Thanks!
  • No problem. Glad I could help. The town of Woodstock is really pretty too. It might be worth the drive. Just be VERY careful to do the speed limit through all those little towns through there because there is a sherriff that loves to get out of staters. Have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would maybe check out Salon 2000. I have never been there, but know people who have. It is right in Chester. Also check out Ben & Jerrys while you are in VT. It is somewhat of a long drive but the foliage should be great around then so it would be a nice drive!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• I would try Boccoccios in Springfield, VT (next to Chester).  It's a great salon and I have known their hairstylist to travel for weddings.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks Ladies. I tried Salon 2000 and they are totally booked :( so I did get an appt at Boccoccios. Yay! I am traveling over there - I couldn't decide if it'd be worth it for me to drive or have her come to me. I'm the only one getting my hair done so it seems kind of like a waste. 
  • subdolasubdola member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_vermont_chester-vt?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:131Discussion:2d3da65b-01c0-4741-87de-9c64089d5a50Post:0bd040b7-b64b-4554-99f9-79f13ef2354a">Re: Chester, VT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would try Boccoccios in Springfield, VT (next to Chester).  It's a great salon and I have known their hairstylist to travel for weddings.  
    Posted by thefuturemrschase[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>My bridesmaids all hair their hair done at Boccoccios (mine was done by a family friend) and they all looked great.  Not sure how far the drive will be for you, but I'd definitley recommend them.

</div>
    We're currently on a 15 month trip around the world!
    **Check out our travel blog**
    Planning Bio Married Bio
  • we're having our wedding in Windsor in July.  There is a fantastic B&B (The Snapdragon Inn) in Winsdor that is near the Quechee Gorge, Simon Pierce, and The Harpoon Brewery...We live in that area, I'd be happy to suggest other restaurants/activities if you're interested.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_vermont_chester-vt?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:131Discussion:2d3da65b-01c0-4741-87de-9c64089d5a50Post:fe23e1bc-6f10-4b2f-97a0-c9927f52846c">Re: Chester, VT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chester, VT : My bridesmaids all hair their hair done at Boccoccios (mine was done by a family friend) and they all looked great.  Not sure how far the drive will be for you, but I'd definitley recommend them.
    Posted by subdola[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Also, I just got sucked into your travel blog for about 30 minutes. How cool is that? I am so jealous!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_vermont_chester-vt?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:131Discussion:2d3da65b-01c0-4741-87de-9c64089d5a50Post:4c01c55b-e2a0-4789-a123-f707a2d8e1bf">Re: Chester, VT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chester, VT : Thank you! Also, I just got sucked into your travel blog for about 30 minutes. How cool is that? I am so jealous!
    Posted by jmuck77[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks!  We are having a great time, I'd recommend it to anyone, especially before getting too tied down with a morgage, kids, etc... :)  It's cheaper than living most places in the States...</div>
    We're currently on a 15 month trip around the world!
    **Check out our travel blog**
    Planning Bio Married Bio
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_vermont_chester-vt?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:131Discussion:2d3da65b-01c0-4741-87de-9c64089d5a50Post:a7bcc6d6-efdf-4ed7-8d47-fbdf79d516df">Re: Chester, VT</a>:
    [QUOTE]we're having our wedding in Windsor in July.  There is a fantastic B&B (The Snapdragon Inn) in Winsdor that is near the Quechee Gorge, Simon Pierce, and The Harpoon Brewery...We live in that area, I'd be happy to suggest other restaurants/activities if you're interested.
    Posted by kimandjosh22[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help. I would love to hear your suggestions. Also, I love your kitties. They are so sweet!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards