Vermont

Photographers & DJ's

Anybody have good recommendations for photographers with a photojournalistic style?  Also, DJ/ceremony musician recommendations would be amazing!  We're getting married in May 2011 in Quechee.  I have emailed Spencer Leonard (I am afraid that he might be a little too expensive), Adam Frehm & Daria Bishop for photographers.  I have also been in contact with 1877 your music for DJ's, but have to call them to get their pricing????  Any input?

Re: Photographers & DJ's

• edited December 2011
    hi there!  i am from quechee and will be getting married in the area.  I used north photography--kathleen north.  she grew up right near quchee, has a great photo style, and is wonderful to work with!  check out her website: http://www.north-photo.com/ i find that her blog has her most recent and impressive pictures.

for a dj i am using lou's mobile music.  i have been to tons of local events up near quchee that lou has done and they have all been really succesful.  we are being charged around $1300 for ceremony and reception music for 7 hours.  i hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi - I'm using Aaron Topfer from 1877 your music for my wedding this June. I was sold when I found out that he is a classically trained pianist who could play for the ceremony/reception in addition to providing DJ services. Plus the price was right!
  • edited December 2011
    caitehogan, I am leaning towards using him.  He seems like EXACTLY what we want, but I have been getting mixed reviews.  How has he been to work with so far?  Thanks so much!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! I got married in Quechee in February...where are you getting married? I had Brian Nicks as a DJ from MA and he was FANTASTIC...the dance floor was packed the entire night, and everyone had a blast...I HIGHLY recommend him! :)
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at The Queechee Inn.  I think I had read a post you made about Brian Nicks somewhere.  I don't want to have to pay travel expenses though.
  • edited December 2011
    I think it is at least worth giving him a call, he really was wonderful, people can't stop talking about our reception...I can't tell you how many people have said it was the most fun they have ever had at a wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    I would check out supersounds Dj they did our ceremony music and the reception and everyone is still talking about how amazing they were! And my wedding was August 22, 2009! Ask fro grant and tell him Jackie sent you. As for photographers in the area I am not sure. But DJ I can highly recommend Super sounds! Hope this helps.

• edited December 2011
    Hi - So far Aaron's been great to work with. My fiance is dealing with him in regards to the reception stuff - I'm more focused on the ceremony/live music part. He's done hundreds of weddings and is really easy going.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Dual Image Photography for our June 27, 2010 wedding at The Ponds. It's a married couple and so far they have been good to work with and flexible on costs. They are one of the few photography places we talked to who are willing to release the images to us for our own printing. I would also recommend Karen Pike for photography.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We got married in June last year in Burlington and used Todd at Stoilov Studio www.stoilovstudio.com for photography. We loved the pictures and he was very prompt, friendly and profesional. The price was not bad either.

For a DJ I can recomend Peak Entertainment. www.peakdj.com They also did a great job and I have seen them at another one of my friends weddings.

Hope that helps

Nataly
  • edited December 2011
    Hello,

We are getting married on May 22, 2010 and using Stina Booth (stinabooth.com) as our photographer, and Tony Lamoureux as our DJ.  We have heard great reviews about both, and are pretty happy with them thus far!
  • jennwinterjennwinter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello

Congrats to you!! For our wedding on June 5th 2010 we are using carrie Ann Photography.  Her prices seemed reasonable and she works with you on payment plans.  We are getting married at Hawk Mountain In Vermont and she met with me and went over details and showed me he portfolios.  Her sister is also going to be there to take pictures as well.  The package we got is for 8 hours of wedding day coverage, online proofing, second, photographer, and dvd with all edited photos.  The whole package is 1,860 

Our DJ is going to be Top Hat Entertainment out of Burlington, VT.  They have done lots of weddings in the area and I went to Burlington to meet the owner and really liked what he had to say.  It is like an hour or two to travel so they did include a travel fee of 125 dollars.  the package is from 430-1030  and its 1,475 and that includes a deposit to hold the date which is 200 dollars. They also come an hour early to set up and they do not charge for set up.

Good luck to you and if you have any questions just ask me!!
    take care 
    JenniferLaughing
  • edited December 2011

Jennwinter...you and I had talked back and forth on another posting (we were originally thinking about having our wedding at Hawk).  I just looked at Carrie Ann's site...I LOVE HER.  Thank you SO much for the recommendation.  I am waiting on pins and needles to hear back from her!

• edited December 2011
    For our wedding we are using Scott Kretschmann Photography out of Albany. He is great and you get 2 photographers in your  package. www.scottkretschmann.com/blog
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Lucas DeSousa for our photographer:  http://www.lucasdesousa.com/
    And, Top Hat for our DJ services:  http://www.tophatdj.com/
    ~Jessie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards