Vermont

Fall Wedding

I am planning on a Fall wedding in Northfield (close to Montpelier) in the Fall of 2012. We are trying to pick a date that the weather will be tolerable and the leaves will be nice.  We have honed in on Sept.22, 29th or Oct. 6.  Any advice?  It will be an outdoor wedding, and we can rent heaters, but I want to make sure it won't be miserable.  Oct. 6th does have some significance to us, however we dont want our guests to be super cold or it to be rainy.  I know it's a crap shoot that time of the year in terms of weather, but input would be helpful!  FYI, I'm in Colorado, my fiancee is from VT, we are moving there this Fall, but I don't know a whole lot about VT, other than my visits I have had over the past 3 years.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Fall Wedding

• edited December 2011
    Hm... in terms of peak foliage October 6 is a better bet.  But as you said... it's a crap shoot!  It could even be snowing!

I would definitely get heaters whatever date you choose, and if you can pitch your tent on a hard surface instead of on grass that would prevent any mud problems (although that might not be that big a deal.)

If it's in the budget, make sure to have lots of warm drinks for your guests (a warm cider or spiced wine?) and maybe hand out shawls as favors?

Welcome in advance to VT!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards