Vermont

Burlington Waterfront Wedding

Has anyone gotten married or planning to get married right at the Burlington waterfront in the grassy areas?  I think it would be such a great location and I know there are tons of events there but have done so much research and can't find other couples who have gotten married there.  I have also emailed the Burlington department that manages the waterfront parks and haven't heard back.    I'd love to do either just my ceremony there with the reception nearby or if possible would love to do a tented reception there as well.

If you have any information at all that would be great!  Thanks

D

Re: Burlington Waterfront Wedding

• edited December 2011
    I am pretty certain that you can reserve some of the areas for a wedding although I am not sure about the tent. Have you checked out Splash (aka Burlington Boathouse)? It's a nice indoor and outdoor space for a reception. We are having our rehearsal dinner there. Let me know if you have any questions about the space!
  • edited December 2011
    I am not sure about the Burlington Water Front.. but I have been to Weddings at the Mallet's bay beach in Colchester. Also very pretty.   

I have seen people get married at the Hilton and then walk across the street to the waterfront for pictures.

If you are really interested i would give the Burlington Park and Rec a call.

I am getting married at Kingsland Bay state park on the beach.. but with there you have park fees and such.

Good luck to you!
  • VTBride10VTBride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would be interested in knowing the answer if you find out! We thought about Burlington but also decided to go with Kingsland Bay. I saw a wedding once on the grassy area by the waterfront but assumed it would be super expensive.

Good luck!
    anna
    afitz383@hotmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards