Vermont

Thoughts on the Echo Lake Inn?

Hi,

I can't find many reviews of the Echo Lake Inn in Ludlow, VT for a potential reception venue. 

We'd also use the Inn for the rehearsal dinner and accommodations.

Does anyone have experience with this Inn?  Thoughts?  Input?

Thanks very much!

Re: Thoughts on the Echo Lake Inn?

• subdolasubdola member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We almost got married at the Echo Lake Inn (we ended up doing an at home wedding) and I have to say, they seem great.  We had a tasting there and it was excellent, and the owner and event planner are both very organized and very experienced.  I know someone who got married there last year, I'll ask her to hop on and give you some more input.  They are always booked, literally every time we drive past on the weekend they have a wedding going on.
    We're currently on a 15 month trip around the world!
    **Check out our travel blog**
    Planning Bio Married Bio
  • edited December 2011
    We really liked Echo Lake but ended up booking a different venue because we felt that 200 people would be a little tight in the space and we were looking for something with more open land (you can't tell from pics but the inn is right on the main road and the tent takes up most of the land).  The owner and wedding coordinator were extremely professional and helpful and the rooms were fairly priced.  For a slightly smaller wedding i think it would be a great choice.
  • edited December 2011
    Go town the road to the Hawk Inn and Resort. It is just as nice with awesome people and better food. 
  • chesterfieldchesterfield member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input.  We're flying to VT next week to look around!!
  • edited December 2011
    We were married there just over two years ago and it was the BEST decision we made. The whole weekend was amazing. The food was TOP NOTCH and having Laurence the owner/coordinator was an enormous benefit. I hear it's only gotten better in the last two years. I would recommend this location to everyone looking for a VT wedding. I see you are going to be in VT this week. I hope you have a wonderful experience at the Inn. Please let my know if you want more of a review, I have one of the Inn and vendors we used that I'm happy to send to you.

Best wishes on a happy wedding :)
  • edited December 2011
    We're booked there for our wedding in June and I couldn't be more excited! We looked at a bunch of places in the area, including the Castle on the Hill- and we fell in love with the Inn. It's so adorable and Ruxana, the wedding coordinator, is absolutely fantastic. They've been flexible and are working with us to make the details what we envision, and for much less than most places we've looked at. We're probably doing the rehearsal dinner elsewhere only because we'll have so much family at the Inn that we don't want to exclude people right in front of them- so we'll probably do that in Ludlow at a restaurant.
    Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards